Windows 10: Bluetooth headset controls not working while screen is locked

Discus and support Bluetooth headset controls not working while screen is locked in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I am using the latest (Oct 2018, build 1809) version of Windows 10 Pro. The problem I have is that whenever my screen times out and goes to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gforceVC, Nov 29, 2018.

1. gforceVC Win User

Bluetooth headset controls not working while screen is locked

Hello,

I am using the latest (Oct 2018, build 1809) version of Windows 10 Pro.

The problem I have is that whenever my screen times out and goes to lock mode, the Bluetooth headset is unable to pause/play or change tracks. When the system is unlocked, these functions work fine.

I've tried multiple Bluetooth headsets, prior to installing build 1809 as well.

Is this behavior by design, and is there any way to allow Bluetooth headsets to control music playback when the system is locked?

PS: No offense to any of the MSVP/helpers here, but please spare me the patronizing responses like "I understand you are having x issue; sorry to hear about that; thanks for posting in the forums, etc). If you feel you can assist then just cut to the chase. I don't need any scripted responses telling me to reinstall drivers and other nonsense.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

gforceVC, Nov 29, 2018

2. bluetooth headset?

Hello,

Can you sugegst me which bluetooth headset i shd buy for any mobile? (at present i'm using nokia 5800)

jabra,plantronics,nokia,samsung,bluedio,other??

Code: Mobiles, Electronics, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More | eBay Plz check above eBay India listing and tell some good options within 1000/- INR.

thx..

freebird_9924, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Bgeo25 Win User
    Bluetooth Headset Media Controls with Toshiba Bluetooth Stack

Hello!

I recently installed the latest version of the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack (v9.10.32T) for one of my desired applications to properly function. However, connecting my Bluetooth headphones through Toshiba's bluetooth manager does not seem to support the media buttons on the headset. These include Play/Pause and seek buttons. Before the Bluetooth stack, when I used my default bluetooth driver for connection, these controls had worked fine.

Also, there does not seem to be a specific setting to fix this in the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack Options.
    How would I go about getting these controls back?

Bgeo25, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Bluetooth headset controls not working while screen is locked

Bluetooth headset is not working consistently

Dennis,

Thanks! again for the prompt response and i followed the suggested steps for WiFi issue but troubleshooter didn't report any problem, however the issue persists even as of now. After approaching you i shouldn't be interfering with your troubleshooting but
    it seems to me problem as a result of peculiar issue wrt OS, may be because it doesn't flush out the entries related to WiFi settings/system. Also, i was thinking solution must be readily available as Windows 10 team must have fixed issue over a period time
    as many users have reported exactly same issue. Sorry! again as i have crossed boundary by suggesting what i suspect. See if you can help as it is somewhat impacting work.

P.S. : For Bluetooth issue i have got a USB headphone and that i acting as a workaround for a while.

Best,

Adarsh

AdarshDogra, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth headset controls not working while screen is locked

1. Bluetooth headset controls not working while screen is locked - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headset controls

2. Problem while using bluetooth headset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem while using bluetooth headset.: I was using my JBL 760NC Bluetooth Headset and I was not able to hear any other thing than the chat application which I was using. I was watching a youtube video and I connected to discord voice channel but the moment I connected to discord the chrome sound went mute I tried...
  3. Bluetooth headset not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headset not working: Hello everyone, I have a problem with a wireless headset; I can pair the headset to the pc, but it won't recognize them as an audio device.Every time I pair them, they are recognized as a general device. How can I solve this problem? ALL updates are installed, I tried...
  4. Bluetooth headset not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headset not working: Hello everyone, I have a problem with a wireless headset; I can pair the headset to the pc, but it won't recognize them as an audio device.Every time I pair them, they are recognized as a general device. How can I solve this problem? ALL updates are installed, I tried...
  5. Bluetooth headset not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headset not working: So I got a BT dongle for my BT headset and I activated BT found the headset, paired , connected, but it doesn't appear in sound tab to use [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-not-working/25e374f6-2fc7-484f-836b-9e4efc2a8013
  6. Bluetooth headset not working

Bluetooth headset not working: Good evening, I'm experiencing issues with a bluetooth headset device, not working as device in a voip application, they are detected from device manager but the controller "needs a further installation". After uninstalling it from device manager and rebooting, the system...
  7. When the screen locked, bluetooth headset control not working

When the screen locked, bluetooth headset control not working: My Bluetooth headset cannot pause, play or change tracks when the screen goes to lock mode. However when the system is unlocked, these functions work fine. I checked this issue with multiple Bluetooth headsets and think it is connected to Windows 10. My PC runs Windows 10...
  8. Bluetooth headset not working

Bluetooth headset not working: Hi, I am having weird problem connecting my bluetooth headphone/headsets with windows 10. Thought i am able to connect but couldn't do skype/teams/skype for business calls using BT headset unless i open the properties and untick Handfree telephony. So basically if i am...
  9. Bluetooth headset not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth headset not working: Hi, I am having weird problem connecting my bluetooth headphone/headsets with windows 10. Thought i am able to connect but couldn't do skype/teams/skype for business calls using BT headset unless i open the properties and untick Handfree telephony. So basically if i am...
  10. Bluetooth Headset Media Controls with Toshiba Bluetooth Stack

Bluetooth Headset Media Controls with Toshiba Bluetooth Stack: Hello! I recently installed the latest version of the Toshiba Bluetooth Stack (v9.10.32T) for one of my desired applications to properly function. However, connecting my Bluetooth headphones through Toshiba's bluetooth manager does not seem to support the media buttons on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone wont diaplay media controls bluetooth