Windows 10: bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working

Discus and support bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i added a bluetooth headset to my pc it detects as headset & headphonewhen testing the the headset playback i only get a "dialup" sound the headphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MichaelBouwer, Nov 21, 2021.

1. bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working

i added a bluetooth headset to my pc it detects as headset & headphonewhen testing the the headset playback i only get a "dialup" sound the headphone playback works properly the headset mic does not work at all

:)

MichaelBouwer, Nov 21, 2021
  2. KerooSeta Win User

Bluetooth Headset Microphones Don't work with Windows 10

I cannot get any bluetooth headset microphone to work with Windows 10. I have tried three different bluetooth headsets, most recently a Corsair Gaming H2100. I have no problem getting the audio output to work just fine with any of them, but I cannot get
    it to recognize the microphone. I have followed all of the obvious steps:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the drivers
    • Restart my computer
    • Disable other microphones
    • Set the headset as the default recording device
    • Check the levels and set to 100
    • Remove the device with the device manager and reinstall
    • Unplug and plug back in my bluetooth antenna
    • Make sure that Windows is totally updated
    None of these steps has made any difference. I am able to get wired microphones to work, but this isn't ideal with my current set-up, as I sit about 10 feet away from my computer and use my 55" television as my monitor. So, I have a really nice webcam that
    I use as a microphone. It is fine, but I would really like to be able to use a bluetooth headset sometimes and not have to talk loudly to a microphone across the room.

Happy to have any help. Thanks.

KerooSeta, Nov 21, 2021
  3. MR_945 Win User
    Bluetooth Headset Audio Working But Microphone Not Detected

bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working d032d0bf-04ab-4492-8b5d-26c399c3d701?upload=true.png

bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working ae985d12-97d4-4ca4-892a-5dd71253badf?upload=true.png

Headset mic is working fine on my phone but on Windows the mic is not being detected. I've tried this with a different headset and same result as well so it is completely an issue with Windows.

I have installed the latest drivers, removed and re-paired the Bluetooth device and restarted my PC multiple times but every time the same result - headset connects but only the audio side, microphone is not detected at all.

I have installed the latest drivers for my Bluetooth adapter also, what issue with Windows is causing this problem? Even when I try the headset in wired mode, it does not detect the microphone. The only way an input device can work at the moment is if I
    plug a microphone directly into the microphone jack on my PC, which is very inconvenient.

In devices and printers when I right-click on the device and click "control" the following window appears and then disappears after 2 seconds, regardless of whether I click "connect" or not (nothing happens either way):

bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working d99192b8-b55d-4f45-8781-2b0986cba4c0?upload=true.png

MR_945, Nov 21, 2021
  4. bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working

Computer won't recognize headset microphone

bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working [​IMG]

This is what i see in device manager. Im not sure if the Speakers/Headphones (Realtek High Definition Audio) is the one your saying to disable, as that is what is default in playback devices in the sounds panel.

Setting Stereo Mix as the default recording device and disabling everything else still didnt get the mic working, even when the headset is plugged into the microphone only audio port or the mic + sound audio port.

Aaeeschylus, Nov 21, 2021
Thema:

bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working

1. bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working - Similar Threads - bluetooth headset detecting

2. Bluetooth Headset: Microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headset: Microphone not detected: Hi, I used my Beoplay EX for about half a year now. Recently the microphone stopped working on my Windows machine, it still does work with other devices, though. When checking the sound menu I can see that "Beoplay Hands Free AG" and "Beoplay EX Stereo" show up under Playback...
  3. Bluetooth Headset: Microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headset: Microphone not detected: Hi, I used my Beoplay EX for about half a year now. Recently the microphone stopped working on my Windows machine, it still does work with other devices, though. When checking the sound menu I can see that "Beoplay Hands Free AG" and "Beoplay EX Stereo" show up under Playback...
  4. Bluetooth Headset: Microphone not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working: i added a bluetooth headset to my pc it detects as headset & headphonewhen testing the the headset playback i only get a "dialup" sound the headphone playback works properly the headset mic does not work at all...
  6. bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working

bluetooth headset detecting as 2 devices & microphone not working: i added a bluetooth headset to my pc it detects as headset & headphonewhen testing the the headset playback i only get a "dialup" sound the headphone playback works properly the headset mic does not work at all...
  7. Bluetooth headset microphone not working

Bluetooth headset microphone not working: Hi, There is some issue with a Bluetooth Headphone I have, the same was working so far, without any issues. The headphone used to Show 2 entities - Stereo & Hands-free but all of a sudden the hands-free option is no longer available and the settings suggests there is no...
  8. Headset Microphone not detected.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Microphone not detected.: My microphone headset is not being picked up by my laptop, audio comes through the headphones, but can't speak through the microphone. When I troubleshoot it says headphone jack not plugged in when it is. The headset and microphone have no problem on other devices, Xbox and...
  9. Bluetooth Headset Audio Working But Microphone Not Detected

Bluetooth Headset Audio Working But Microphone Not Detected: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Headset mic is working fine on my phone but on Windows the mic is not being detected. I've tried this with a different headset and same result as well so it is completely an issue with Windows. I have installed the latest drivers, removed and re-paired the...
  10. Bluetooth Headset not detected as audio device

Bluetooth Headset not detected as audio device: Hello, I recently purchassed an Sony WH-1000mx3 wireless headset. I am currently trying to use it as playback device on my PC via Bluetooth. The headset is currently paired and connected, but does not appear as a choice of playback device. What i did so far, in no...