Windows 10: Bluetooth headset Hands-Free AG audio no stereo sound

Discus and support Bluetooth headset Hands-Free AG audio no stereo sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a Bluetooth 5.0 sony headset which I use with both a laptop and a phone. When I switch from the phone to the laptop it connects fine but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pjetr2020, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Bluetooth headset Hands-Free AG audio no stereo sound

I have a Bluetooth 5.0 sony headset which I use with both a laptop and a phone. When I switch from the phone to the laptop it connects fine but it displays Connected (voice) instead of Connected (voice, music) and the sound has terrible quality, no stereo sound.

The Windows 10 Sound manager shows Sony headset Hands-Free AG audio (and not Stereo.) When the sound is good it shows something like that with stereo and not the Hands-Free AG.

I want to use the headset on the laptop with almost one click when I reconnect. Bluetooth icon always shows on the tray, I double click on that and in Settings > Bluetooth I just click the connect button next to my paired device in this case the Sony headset.

How to solve this issue?

I can delete and re-pair the headset, it will connect fine, the sound will be stereo quality but when I connect to phone again and connect back to the laptop, the same problem is happening.

Intel Bluetooth 5.1 with latest driver.

Sony headset BT 5.0

submitted by /u/pjetr2020
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/pjetr2020, Nov 1, 2020
  2. McNoobly- Win User

Bluetooth Headset unable to switch between "hands-free" and Stereo

I had what seems to be a fairly common problem with my Bluetooth headset. the audio would sound canny and horrible most of the time. i found a solution that said to uncheck the "Hands-free Telephony" box under the services tab, in devices, for the headphones.
    doing so allowed me to switch from the "hands-free AG audio" to "stereo" version of my headphones in the playback tab. unfortunately this also disables the microphone on my headset. Now i am unable to switch back from stereo to the hands-free AG audio version,
    even when rechecking the "hands-free telephony" box, completely locking me out from using my mic. at least the audio sounds good now, but i would like the ability to use my microphone.

McNoobly-, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Bluetooth headset will only show as hands-free device, but not stereo.

I'm using SkullCandy Crusher headphones with a dell windows 10 PC. They were working before I went on vacation.

Before vacation, in the sound control panel the headset would show up twice, one as stereo, and one as hands-free AG. I would have the Stereo one as my default sound device. In the Bluetooth settings it would show connected as voice and music.

Now in the sound control panel, only the hands free AG shows up, and only voice in the Bluetooth settings.

I guess I understand the hands-free mode is meant for phone calls, and the audio sounds awful for anything else.

What changed?

I've tried extensive googling, but can't find a solution to this specific problem.

MEOW6666666, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Sierra118 Win User

Bluetooth headset Hands-Free AG audio no stereo sound

Hands Free AG Audio is not working

My Bluetooth headphone set has Hands Free AG audio and stereo audio. My stereo audio working but my AG audio is not. how do I fix it? I can't hear anything when I switch on Hands Free AG Audio

Sierra118, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth headset Hands-Free AG audio no stereo sound

1. Bluetooth headset Hands-Free AG audio no stereo sound - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headset Hands

2. my P9 pro bluetooth headset has Hands Free AG audio and stereo audio, the stereo is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my P9 pro bluetooth headset has Hands Free AG audio and stereo audio, the stereo is...: As you can see I've already tried to deactivate the 'Hands Free Telephony', and when I deactivate this option my pc does not recognize my phone...
  3. my P9 pro bluetooth headset has Hands Free AG audio and stereo audio, the stereo is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my P9 pro bluetooth headset has Hands Free AG audio and stereo audio, the stereo is...: As you can see I've already tried to deactivate the 'Hands Free Telephony', and when I deactivate this option my pc does not recognize my phone...
  4. my P9 pro bluetooth headset has Hands Free AG audio and stereo audio, the stereo is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction

Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction: See a LOT of searches on various sites, including here, related to people who want to use their Bluetooth headphones, get stereo sound when using their applications Teams, Discord, etc . AND the Mic from their headphones. Without using a cord between the bluetooth headset and...
  6. Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction: See a LOT of searches on various sites, including here, related to people who want to use their Bluetooth headphones, get stereo sound when using their applications Teams, Discord, etc . AND the Mic from their headphones. Without using a cord between the bluetooth headset and...
  7. Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction

8. Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction

Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction: I'm trying to use my bluetooth headphones, Sony WH-1000xm3's, and when paired with my laptop running windows 10, it gives me 2 options for audio: Hands-Free AG and Stereo, as well as 1 option for the microphone: AG Hands-Free. The issue arises when the AG Hands-free option...
  9. Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction: I'm trying to use my bluetooth headphones, Sony WH-1000xm3's, and when paired with my laptop running windows 10, it gives me 2 options for audio: Hands-Free AG and Stereo, as well as 1 option for the microphone: AG Hands-Free. The issue arises when the AG Hands-free option...
  10. Bluetooth Hands Free AG and Stereo Audio Interaction

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hands-free ag audio quality 2021