Windows 10: Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio

Discus and support Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Aw shoot, here we go again. YEAH MICROSOFT, YOU STILL DID NOT FIX IT!So recently I've updated my drivers and my by bluetooth headset failed to work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cliff Edge, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio

Aw shoot, here we go again. YEAH MICROSOFT, YOU STILL DID NOT FIX IT!So recently I've updated my drivers and my by bluetooth headset failed to work. Before that, however I had to disable bluetooth, set my headset into pairing mode, and than turn bt on again - because if I would just turn my headset on it would connect, but disconnect automatically for no reason. Yeah, and I've tried to fix it too but just gave up - because it's YOUR job and you DO NOT do it.So, I've tried:- Doing the same: bt off, pairin mode, bt on - no reaction- Updating all kinds of drivers by all kinds of utilities - actua

:)

Cliff Edge, Jun 7, 2023
  2. MisterEd Win User

Computer Won't Use Headphone Mic

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

If you are using Bluetooth you will find there is a gotcha when using a headset with a microphone. With Bluetooth 4.x there is not enough bandwidth for both the headset's stereo speakers and the microphone at the same time. If the headset's speakers are used in mono mode then the microphone will work. Here is the information from my computer:
    I I left-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray I see my options for the speakers:

• Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio) = Laptops built-in speakers
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo) = Headphones stereo mode
    • Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio) = Headphones mono mode
    I found out that if I select "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)" the headset microphone will work.

Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio 316281d1611718196t-computer-wont-use-headphone-mic-2021_01_27_03_29_571.jpg

However, I found that next time the computer might choose "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Stereo)". Then the headset speakers will work but the the headset microphone will not work.

To ensure that the right selection is always done automatically I have to go further and set the default to "Headphones (Arctis 3 Bluetooth Hands-Free AG Audio)".
    Note I can always override this at any time. To do this...
    I right-click on speaker icon on taskbar tray and left-click on Sounds

Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio 316282d1611718382t-computer-wont-use-headphone-mic-2021_01_27_03_33_032.jpg

The first tab Playback is for the speakers

• Headset = Headphones mono mode
    • Headphones = Headphones stereo mode
    • Speakers = Laptops built-in speakers

Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio 316283d1611718412t-computer-wont-use-headphone-mic-2021_01_27_03_33_323.jpg

The second tab Recording is for the microphone

• Headset = Headset's microphone
    • Microphone Array = Laptop's built-in microphone
    • Stereo Mix = N/A

Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio 316284d1611718443t-computer-wont-use-headphone-mic-2021_01_27_03_34_044.jpg

To ensure that both the headset speakers and microphone work at the same time I set the default playback to Headset. This will put the headset in mono mode and allow the microphone to work. Note that if I disconnect the headset the computer will automatically revert back to using the built-in speakers and microphone.

MisterEd, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Aman Win User
    Bluetooth headphone mic and stereo audio not working simultaneously on laptop

I have a Sennheiser HD4.40BT bluetooth headphone.

When I connect this to my android phone, I can listen stereo quality music and while call, I can hear other person clearly and use the mic also.

Problem appear when I connected headphone with my laptop through laptop's inbuilt bluetooth.

The problem is headphone is connecting in one of 2 ways: Headphone mode and Headset mode(with mic).

- When I select headphone mode, sound is great but I cannot use my mic.

- When I select headset mode(or handsfree mode), I continuously hear static and very poor audio quality but can use mic with this mode.

I already read to disable headset mode to get stereo quality but "this is not my purpose".

What I want is to use headphone with stereo audio and mic simultaneously.

Aman, Jun 7, 2023
  4. taward Win User

Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

All,

I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone).

I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they connect on the headphones (i.e. stereo audio only) is recognized as an audio device.

Normally Windows recognizes headsets like this as two separate devices - headphones for audio and headsets for calling. I can confirm that device manager sees them both as functioning normally. But, as shown below, the headset portion is showing as disconnected. But there is no way to connect it.

Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio 64556d1485963291t-bluetooth-headphones-connect-but-headset-portion-does-not-capture.png

I have uninstalled and deleted the device and re-paired it. Nothing works. Thoughts?

taward, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio

1. Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headset headphones&mic

2. Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headset headphones&mic connected, but no audio: Aw shoot, here we go again. YEAH MICROSOFT, YOU STILL DID NOT FIX IT!So recently I've updated my drivers and my by bluetooth headset failed to work. Before that, however I had to disable bluetooth, set my headset into pairing mode, and than turn bt on again - because if I...
  3. Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.: Hi, I am facing an issue regarding the connection of my mic. I am using headphones that have built in mic within them and the headphones use a 3.5 mm jack. Earlier when I used to connect them, my laptop asked me if I wanted to use them as a headphone or a headset and I chose...
  4. Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection issue in Headset/ headphones with mic.: Hi, I am facing an issue regarding the connection of my mic. I am using headphones that have built in mic within them and the headphones use a 3.5 mm jack. Earlier when I used to connect them, my laptop asked me if I wanted to use them as a headphone or a headset and I chose...
  5. Headset mic is replaying all audio for headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic is replaying all audio for headphones: Now, I want to make one thing clear. this is not an echo problem, and I don't have "listen to this device" enabled in control panel. This is literally any and all audio destined for my headset earphones is coming back into the computer through the mic. Even if I mute the side...
  6. Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working

Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working: Hi there I connected my Bluetooth headset to my windows 10 pc, its shows when connected " voice and music connected". But Bluetooth mic does not work. But my bluetoth mic works in friend's windows 10 desktop.Please helpthanks in advanced....
  7. Bluetooth Headset Audio and Mic Issue

Bluetooth Headset Audio and Mic Issue: I bought a bluetooth headphone MPOW X 4.0 and when I connected it to my Dell Computer, in the sound tab, I viewed two audios stereo and hands free when I chose stereo no sound was coming through the headphone and the mic was not working. And when I chose hands free audio, the...
  8. My bluetooth headset only connects as mic, and not audio

My bluetooth headset only connects as mic, and not audio: So today i booted up my pc and tried to connect my bluetooth headset to it, but, it connected as a mic, and not as a audio device. Yesterday it was working just fine! I really dont know what happened my headphones are WC-CH510, sony. [ATTACH]...
  9. Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headphones Mic - no audio output when mic is on: hey there!I'm having a hard time with windows 10 to configure my headphones (sony WH-CH500) which I connected with bluetooth. The mic is working, the output to the headphones is also working but as soon as the mic gets switched on the audio output is gone, so can't hear...
  10. Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working

Bluetooth headset connected but mic not working: [ATTACH][ATTACH] Hi there I connected my Bluetooth headset to my windows 10 pc, its shows when connected " voice and music connected". But every time i tried to use my mic the audio stops and mic works and same vice versa. I want to be able to speak and listen at the same...