Windows 10: Bluetooth headset initially only connects to voice and I have to disconnect and reconnect...

Discus and support Bluetooth headset initially only connects to voice and I have to disconnect and reconnect... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a HyperX Cloud headset and recently bought a new computer. The bluetooth works perfectly on my windows 10 laptop. On the desktop the bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Joseph Melton, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Bluetooth headset initially only connects to voice and I have to disconnect and reconnect...

I have a HyperX Cloud headset and recently bought a new computer. The bluetooth works perfectly on my windows 10 laptop. On the desktop the bluetooth headset when turned on only automatically connects as "voice" in the bluetooth options menu. I have to manually disconnect and reconnect the device from that menu in order for it to connect to "music" and actually play sound. Then, when the audio is connected, the sound is very delayed even though I do not have this problem on my laptop.

I have updated the drivers, run the bluetooth troubleshooter and the audio troubleshooter and they did not work. I have also tried completely removing the headset from bluetooth and repairing it multiple times.

:)

Joseph Melton, Jul 28, 2020

2. Bluetooth headphones "disconnected" and will not reconnect

I recently bought new sony bluetooth headphones and they were working great (besides the fact that i had to go out and buy a dongle) until today when i noticed that only the "headset" would connect and there was not an option to input "headphones" like there
    was before. So then i went to "playback deceives and noticed that it listed "headphones" as disconnected. i right clicked on it and clicked "connect" but it didn't do anything. I disconnected and reconnect my "headset" to test if it was something with my
    Bluetooth but it disconnected and reconnect fine.

please help

Matthew2847, Jul 28, 2020
  3. JustAFoxx Win User
    Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice"

My blue-tooth headset was working fine for a few days, but after I ended the call with some of my friends, I could no longer hear sound. I heard my friends talking perfectly fine, then went to watch YouTube but there was no sound. I tried disconnecting
    then reconnecting but it keeps saying it's connected as "Voice" when it usually said something like "Audio and Voice." (I never paid attention to that though, as it worked fine. In both voice and audio.) I tried to remove the device then re-add it but it's
    been stuck at "Removing Device" for about 20 minutes. Help?

It's a JLabs Neon Bluetooth Headset. I've had it for a few days, and used it on both my phone and laptop. Each time I had it connected to my phone then reconnected it to my laptop it worked fine, and vice versa.

To make sure it wasn't because my headset died, I connected it to my phone and played a song. It worked fine. I don't know if this is a Windows problem or a JLabs problem buuuuuut, I really don't know what else to do.

JustAFoxx, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Bluetooth headset initially only connects to voice and I have to disconnect and reconnect...

Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice"

I've had these bluetooth headphones for about 2 years, they ahve been working fine until the last week or so. Whenever i connect them via bluetooth to my laptop, they only connect for voice, not audio and voice as it used to do. It's not the headphones
    as i don't have this problem when using them with my phone, i tried using the solutions from this post: Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice".
    But none of those worked for me. I can still hear audio, it's just really quiet and low quality. If it matters, the headphones are skullcandy's grind wireless headphones.

GamingBro21YT, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth headset initially only connects to voice and I have to disconnect and reconnect...

1. Bluetooth headset initially only connects to voice and I have to disconnect and reconnect... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headset initially

2. Bluetooth headset disconnects and reconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headset disconnects and reconnects randomly: Hi,I recently bought a new bluetooth headset JBL Quantum 610, it works perfectly but the device disconnect and reconnect itself every 10-15 minutes, randomly.I looked again and again any issues on the net because it seems that the problem is really current and the tech...
  3. Bluetooth headset disconnects and reconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headset disconnects and reconnects randomly: Hi,I recently bought a new bluetooth headset JBL Quantum 610, it works perfectly but the device disconnect and reconnect itself every 10-15 minutes, randomly.I looked again and again any issues on the net because it seems that the problem is really current and the tech...
  4. Bluetooth Headset connecting as Voice only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headset connecting as Voice only: As so many have had issues over the years I am having an issue with my bluetooth headset Open Run by Shokz connecting to my PC for music/stereo.It will only connect as 'voice' and is horrible quality audio and only 1 channel.As per a previous thread, I have followed all step...
  5. Bluetooth Headset connecting as Voice only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headset connecting as Voice only: As so many have had issues over the years I am having an issue with my bluetooth headset Open Run by Shokz connecting to my PC for music/stereo.It will only connect as 'voice' and is horrible quality audio and only 1 channel.As per a previous thread, I have followed all step...
  6. Bluetooth Headset connecting as Voice only

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth Headset only connecting to music not voice

Bluetooth Headset only connecting to music not voice: I have been using Redmi Earbuds for a long time. It was working fine with microphone as well. But today when I connected it to my pc it was connecting to only music not voice. Please tell a solution to it....
  8. Bluetooth headset connects only as "music", not "voice"

Bluetooth headset connects only as "music", not "voice": Hi there, I have tried with multiple Bluetooth devices with mic, but Windows connects to them only for output, not input. In this example, Mpow Bluetooth 5.0 headset is connected for music only, although the icon shows headset- [ATTACH] and even the control panel...
  9. Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice"

Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice": I've had these bluetooth headphones for about 2 years, they ahve been working fine until the last week or so. Whenever i connect them via bluetooth to my laptop, they only connect for voice, not audio and voice as it used to do. It's not the headphones as i don't have this...
  10. Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice": Bluetooth Headset will only connect as "Voice" Our Computer connects only to Voice on BlueTooth. We have already tried these steps below but No Success. 1. Run Troubleshooters for Bluetooth and Hardware & Devices Type troubleshoot in Windows Starts Search box (Cortana) >...