Windows 10: Bluetooth headset keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after a period of no sound

Discus and support Bluetooth headset keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after a period of no sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since I've bought my new laptop specs below, I keep getting this issue with my bluetooth headset. I don't know the exact timing, but after a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JorisDecraecker, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Bluetooth headset keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after a period of no sound

Since I've bought my new laptop specs below, I keep getting this issue with my bluetooth headset.

I don't know the exact timing, but after a while when there is no sound on the laptop, the headset will automatically disconnect. After about 3 seconds, the headset will automatically reconnect.

This will continue as long as there is no sound on the laptop.

So let's say I play a song, then the headset will automatically reconnect if disconnected due to this issue and it will keep working. The moment I stop the sound again, a few seconds later it will just happen again.

Things I've tried

1. I went to Device Manager and located the bluetooth adapter which is a Realtek Bluetooth Adapter. In energy management I adjusted the settings Bluetooth headset keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after a period of no sound e8f74c6a-8054-4b9b-ab73-09845908814e?upload=true.png
    2. I went to services.msc and I changed the Bluetooth Support Service startup type to Automatic Bluetooth headset keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after a period of no sound b6771dfe-9b7b-44c0-832d-7607c82b5292?upload=true.png
    3. In msconfig I turned off every single non-microsoft service and in taskmanager I turned off every single startup. After a reboot, still the same.
    4. In the Bluetooth settings I completely removed the connected device and re-paired it.
    5. installed all updates
    6. Removed the Bluetooth driver from the device manager > Realtek Bluetooth Driver > properties > drivers > Remove device. After a reboot, still the same.
    7. Tested it on a Macbook pro and the issue doesn't occur there. I don't have another Windows 10 to test it on.
    8. I tried to use the system recovery tool, but the only point I had, didn't give me the result I wanted.

Specs

Laptop:

- Lenovo L340-17IRH

- i5 9300 @ 2.4Ghz

- 16GB RAM

- Windows 10 Home version 1909, 64bit

- GTX 1650

Bluetooth headset:

- Beats by Dre - Beats Solo³ Wireless

- Fully charged

If there is anything else I'm forgetting to write here, feel free to ask and I'll add the details asap.

And I'd rather not do a full reset of the Windows 10, as it seems to much.

:)

JorisDecraecker, Jun 5, 2020

2. Bluetooth headphones "disconnected" and will not reconnect

I recently bought new sony bluetooth headphones and they were working great (besides the fact that i had to go out and buy a dongle) until today when i noticed that only the "headset" would connect and there was not an option to input "headphones" like there
    was before. So then i went to "playback deceives and noticed that it listed "headphones" as disconnected. i right clicked on it and clicked "connect" but it didn't do anything. I disconnected and reconnect my "headset" to test if it was something with my
    Bluetooth but it disconnected and reconnect fine.

please help

Matthew2847, Jun 5, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Bluetooth headset keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after a period of no sound :p

cadaveca, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Bluetooth headset keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after a period of no sound

Bluetooth headset keeps disconnecting

I got a headset as a present at work and gave it to my girlfriend, but it seems she has issues playing songs thorough Bluetooth. Headset keeps turning off after a couple of songs.

This is the headset I got: Fresh n Rebel Bluetooth Caps Headphone - Cupcake: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics (ugly, IK, no matter they gave it away for free).

Her PC is old so I bought a USB hub + BT adapter.

Delock Products 61772 Delock USB 2.0 Bluetooth Adapter V3.0 + EDR
    Tracer

Also she is running latest W10 Creator Preview.

Any idea what might be the cause of this issue?

doriandiaconu, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth headset keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after a period of no sound

1. Bluetooth headset keeps disconnecting and reconnecting after a period of no sound - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headset keeps

2. USB Wireless Headset Keeps Disconnecting & Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Wireless Headset Keeps Disconnecting & Reconnecting: I use my Logitech H600 wireless headset with my Windows 11 HP Laptop. The headset keeps getting disconnected and reconnected even when it's not in use. I tested the headset with a Windows 11 Asus PC and it works fine. Apparently, the issue is with my laptop....
  3. USB Wireless Headset Keeps Disconnecting & Reconnecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Wireless Headset Keeps Disconnecting & Reconnecting: I use my Logitech H600 wireless headset with my Windows 11 HP Laptop. The headset keeps getting disconnected and reconnected even when it's not in use. I tested the headset with a Windows 11 Asus PC and it works fine. Apparently, the issue is with my laptop....
  4. Bluetooth headset disconnects and reconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headset disconnects and reconnects randomly: Hi,I recently bought a new bluetooth headset JBL Quantum 610, it works perfectly but the device disconnect and reconnect itself every 10-15 minutes, randomly.I looked again and again any issues on the net because it seems that the problem is really current and the tech...
  5. Bluetooth headset disconnects and reconnects randomly

Bluetooth headset disconnects and reconnects randomly: Hi,I recently bought a new bluetooth headset JBL Quantum 610, it works perfectly but the device disconnect and reconnect itself every 10-15 minutes, randomly.I looked again and again any issues on the net because it seems that the problem is really current and the tech...
  6. My Mic, Headset, and Keyboard keep disconnecting and reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Mic, Headset, and Keyboard keep disconnecting and reconnecting.: My Mic, Headset, and Keyboard keep disconnecting and reconnecting along with the fan lights in my PC. The Computer does NOT restart though, it is about a 10 second event.I've tried a new power supply 1200w and also turning off "Allow the computer to turn off this USB device...
  7. My Mic, Headset, and Keyboard keep disconnecting and reconnecting.

My Mic, Headset, and Keyboard keep disconnecting and reconnecting.: My Mic, Headset, and Keyboard keep disconnecting and reconnecting along with the fan lights in my PC. The Computer does NOT restart though, it is about a 10 second event.I've tried a new power supply 1200w and also turning off "Allow the computer to turn off this USB device...
  8. bluetooth headset doesn't play game sounds after reconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth headset doesn't play game sounds after reconnect: the issue i am having is that when i disconnect, and then reconnect my skullcandy crusher wireless headset, some, if not all games stop playing sound, with games like minecraft dissapearing from the volume mixer completely, is this a known issue? and what could possibly cause...
  9. Reconnecting Bluetooth Headset

Reconnecting Bluetooth Headset: Hello, I recently just removed my Bluetooth headphones device from settings, to reconnect them just after. But then when I put my Bluetooth headset in pairing mode, my PC windows 10 won't find the device anymore. I have absolutely no idea how this easy thing can be so...
  10. Bluetooth headset keeps disconnecting

Bluetooth headset keeps disconnecting: I got a headset as a present at work and gave it to my girlfriend, but it seems she has issues playing songs thorough Bluetooth. Headset keeps turning off after a couple of songs. This is the headset I got: Fresh n Rebel Bluetooth Caps Headphone - Cupcake: Amazon.co.uk:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my headphones disconnect after there is no sound