Windows 10: Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device

Discus and support Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just got a new LG HBS-SL5 bluetooth headset that connects to my PC but the PC does not seem to recognize them as an audio device. I cannot use them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RyanWhi, Oct 16, 2020.

1. RyanWhi Win User

Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device

I just got a new LG HBS-SL5 bluetooth headset that connects to my PC but the PC does not seem to recognize them as an audio device. I cannot use them for audio or as a mic. I have tried updating the driver, unpairing and repairing, and rebooting both the headset and PC. I need to use the headset for virtual meetings but I can't get it to work. The headset works just fine when paired with my iPhone. It shows a Microsoft driver version 10.0.18362.1 and date 6/21/2006. Is there some sort of trick to this that I am missing?

:)

RyanWhi, Oct 16, 2020

2. My bluetooth headset isn't listed in the playback devices list.

Original Title: Bluetooth device in playback devices list Windows 10.

I want to connect my Bose headset to my computer. The Bluetooth device list show them as paired. However my headset isn't listed in the playback devices list; so, I my computer can't send sound to my headset. How can I get my headset added to the playback
    devices list?

Dan.Anderson.9308, Oct 16, 2020
  3. aikimich Win User
    Getting sound with bluetooth headset

HI, I have bluetooth Samsung Gear Circle headset and a SoundBlaster Jam bluetooth headset. Both pair fine, both connect fine. No sound. They do not show up in "Select Device Playback". (Speakers and USB headphones show up in that list). I know that
    they both worked at one time or another, but not this time. Am I missing a step?

aikimich, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device

Bluetooth headsets paired but not connected, not in Playback Devices (Windows 10)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is connection issues with Bluetooth headset or Bluetooth driver is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to try to check if the headset devices is in disabled state.

1. Right click on sound icon which is present at the bottom right corner of the taskbar.

2. Then click on Playback devices.

3. Right click on empty space of sound setting Window, click on Show disabled devices.

4. Check if the devices is present in the list.

5. Right click on the headset device and click on enable.

Also I suggest you to update all the pending Windows Updates.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device

1. Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Headset Showing

2. Bluetooth Headphones and Headset both show up in Playback Devices, but only one connects.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headphones and Headset both show up in Playback Devices, but only one connects.: I have a Bluetooth headset that has worked fine until recently. When I try to connect it, it only shows "Connected Voice" and doesn't connect Music no matter what I try.I've restarted my computer as well as the headset, and tried unpairing and re-pairing it multiple times, to...
  3. Bluetooth Headphones and Headset both show up in Playback Devices, but only one connects.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Headphones and Headset both show up in Playback Devices, but only one connects.: I have a Bluetooth headset that has worked fine until recently. When I try to connect it, it only shows "Connected Voice" and doesn't connect Music no matter what I try.I've restarted my computer as well as the headset, and tried unpairing and re-pairing it multiple times, to...
  4. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices: My headphones SOny xm4 were working just fine. But the last few days, they connect to Windows just fine, and show up as connected devices. However, they are not available as a playback device. I have checked/unchecked/rechecked the 'audio sink' setting through Services. I...
  5. Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones connecting, but not showing up as playback devices: My headphones SOny xm4 were working just fine. But the last few days, they connect to Windows just fine, and show up as connected devices. However, they are not available as a playback device. I have checked/unchecked/rechecked the 'audio sink' setting through Services. I...
  6. Connected bluetooth headset is not listed in playback devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connected bluetooth headset is not listed in playback devices: I paired my newly bought bluetooth headset to my pc Windows 10. When I go to Settings>Devices>Bluetooth & other devices, It show my headset is already connected and paired. And all devices are up-to-date. I resetted my pc recently Although it shows my device is ready to...
  7. Bluetooth soundbar not showing in Playback devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth soundbar not showing in Playback devices: I connected my Bluetooth soundbar to my laptop and it shows "paired" and "connected", but when I click on the speaker icon, it's not listed under the playback devices. Only my laptop speakers. It should say "HT-S100F". Any help is appreciated. Thank you. Sammy [IMG]...
  8. Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device

Bluetooth headphones not showing up as a playback device: I have a new laptop with windows 10 and have Bose bluetooth earphones. I have confirmed they are conncted by bluetooth and are showing up as paired but are not showing up as a playback device so I cant hear computer audio through them. I have tried uninstalling the driver...
  9. Headset not showing as a Playback Device

Headset not showing as a Playback Device: Whenever I plug in my headset it's detected, but the only playback device that I can select is my laptop speaker, I've already checked if its disabled in the control panel. Overall I can't find any solution to this problem....
  10. Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices

Headsets showing up in Playback Devices but not Recording Devices: So I've troubleshooted with two headsets, both of them I'm getting output from, but neither microphones are working. I've uninstalled drivers, unplugged/restarted etc.. And one of them is a 3.5mm jack while the other is USB so it's not a port issue either. Would anybody...