Windows 10: Bluetooth headset not working for some reason.

Discus and support Bluetooth headset not working for some reason. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It has worked for a good two-ish years, perfectly fine. But the problem isn't the headset itself. The mic is fine, windows just won't let me use it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeviPorton, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Bluetooth headset not working for some reason.

It has worked for a good two-ish years, perfectly fine. But the problem isn't the headset itself. The mic is fine, windows just won't let me use it anymore.

I've been using it for online classes. Just now I conducted an interview that I recorded with OBS, because OBS didn't find an audio track with my default recording device, I switched the OBS settings to use my built in mic because it worked and I needed a solution quickly.

I get back to my other call with my project group and all of the sudden they tell me my audio quality is bad, I run mmsys.cpl and see that the device Windows is forcing me to use as a default calling device is still turned on. So I turn it off.This has never in the last year of using it this way caused a problem; windows would go back to using my default device: the same headset but with propper audio quality settings, and keep using my headset microphone. it selected it as a playback device, but the microphone is somehow gone as a recording device connected to the default playback device. These might explain it better:

Bluetooth headset not working for some reason. c226c4af-e7df-415d-ae30-46152d8e3eb5?upload=true.png

Bluetooth headset not working for some reason. 40e7fce3-d6f3-49dc-b5dd-bed2b5670a24?upload=true.png

How do I make my headset mic work with my stereo headset profile like it used to?

:)

LeviPorton, Jan 6, 2021

2. bluetooth headset?

Hello,

Can you sugegst me which bluetooth headset i shd buy for any mobile? (at present i'm using nokia 5800)

jabra,plantronics,nokia,samsung,bluedio,other??

Code: http://shop.ebay.in/Bluetooth-Headsets-/119502/i.html[/quote] Plz check above eBay India listing and tell some good options within 1000/- INR.

thx..

freebird_9924, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Bluetooth headset is not working consistently

Dennis,

Thanks! again for the prompt response and i followed the suggested steps for WiFi issue but troubleshooter didn't report any problem, however the issue persists even as of now. After approaching you i shouldn't be interfering with your troubleshooting but
    it seems to me problem as a result of peculiar issue wrt OS, may be because it doesn't flush out the entries related to WiFi settings/system. Also, i was thinking solution must be readily available as Windows 10 team must have fixed issue over a period time
    as many users have reported exactly same issue. Sorry! again as i have crossed boundary by suggesting what i suspect. See if you can help as it is somewhat impacting work.

P.S. : For Bluetooth issue i have got a USB headphone and that i acting as a workaround for a while.

Best,

Adarsh

AdarshDogra, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Bluetooth headset not working for some reason.

Bluetooth headset is not working consistently

Thank you for giving us the information being requested. As our initial troubleshooting step, we recommend that you connect a different Bluetooth headset to your computer and try connecting your Bluetooth headset to a different computer to see how your headset
    will perform. Regarding your Wi-Fi issue, we recommend that you follow these steps:

• Press Windows and type "network troubleshooter".
    • Select Identify and repair network problems from the results.
    • Follow the instructions prompted and see if it will repair your Wi-Fi connectivity issue.

Update us on the status of the issue.

Dennis Mop, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth headset not working for some reason.

1. Bluetooth headset not working for some reason. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headset working

2. bluetooth on this macbook doesn't work for some reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth on this macbook doesn't work for some reason: https://i.imgur.com/uqp2Z6Y.pngHello, My late 2013 Macbook Pro was used to install Windows 10 via Bootcamp. And I ran into a problem. I can't use Bluetooth on the Windows 10 partition, while macOS doesn't cause any issues with using Bluetooth. I tried turning off Bluetooth on...
  3. bluetooth on this macbook doesn't work for some reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth on this macbook doesn't work for some reason: https://i.imgur.com/uqp2Z6Y.pngHello, My late 2013 Macbook Pro was used to install Windows 10 via Bootcamp. And I ran into a problem. I can't use Bluetooth on the Windows 10 partition, while macOS doesn't cause any issues with using Bluetooth. I tried turning off Bluetooth on...
  4. bluetooth on this macbook doesn't work for some reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I can't use any mic on board realtek, bluetooth headset, or wired headset for some reason...

I can't use any mic on board realtek, bluetooth headset, or wired headset for some reason...: Was here so I decided I might as well ask...so, yeah, this laptop has had this problem for about a year since I've got it. Basically neither wired headphone mics, the on board laptop mic realtek I believe, nor bluetooth headset mics appear to work on my laptop. I have...
  6. Bluetooth headphones/headset only work for some audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth headphones/headset only work for some audio: Hey all. I have a Yoga 720, Windows 10. Just got some new Bluetooth headphones with a microphone. I connected them to the laptop and made the headphones the default speakers and made the headset the default mic. I can hear music/audio from my computer Spotify, YouTube,...
  7. Bluetooth headset not working

Bluetooth headset not working: So I got a BT dongle for my BT headset and I activated BT found the headset, paired , connected, but it doesn't appear in sound tab to use [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-headset-not-working/25e374f6-2fc7-484f-836b-9e4efc2a8013
  8. Bluetooth headset not working

Bluetooth headset not working: Good evening, I'm experiencing issues with a bluetooth headset device, not working as device in a voip application, they are detected from device manager but the controller "needs a further installation". After uninstalling it from device manager and rebooting, the system...
  9. Bluetooth headset not working

Bluetooth headset not working: Hi, I am having weird problem connecting my bluetooth headphone/headsets with windows 10. Thought i am able to connect but couldn't do skype/teams/skype for business calls using BT headset unless i open the properties and untick Handfree telephony. So basically if i am...
  10. Bluetooth Headset not working on some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Headset not working on some games: Hi folks, I have a set of Swage 2 Bluetooth Headphones by Rokit Boost. They work great on most games, and on a few I just have to disable the mic in the game settings and then the audio will work wonderfully. However, there are a couple of games which don't play well...