Windows 10: Bluetooth headset only works when I have the Sounds Settings panel open

Discus and support Bluetooth headset only works when I have the Sounds Settings panel open in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a really strange issue. In order to use my bluetooth headset to listen to audio coming from my web browser Chrome predominantly but also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SebJB152, May 17, 2020.

1. SebJB152 Win User

Bluetooth headset only works when I have the Sounds Settings panel open

This is a really strange issue. In order to use my bluetooth headset to listen to audio coming from my web browser Chrome predominantly but also others, I need to have the "Sound" settings panel open. It specifically has to be the "Sound" panel - if I click through so any other settings panel - including clicking through anything on the "Sound" settings panel - it mutes the sounds.

I can use the headset without a problem for other audio Skype, VLC etc.

Any help much appreciated!

Headset: Jabra Voyager 5200 UC

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9360

Thanks!

:)

SebJB152, May 17, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Bluetooth headset only works when I have the Sounds Settings panel open :p

cadaveca, May 17, 2020
  3. aikimich Win User
    Getting sound with bluetooth headset

HI, I have bluetooth Samsung Gear Circle headset and a SoundBlaster Jam bluetooth headset. Both pair fine, both connect fine. No sound. They do not show up in "Select Device Playback". (Speakers and USB headphones show up in that list). I know that
    they both worked at one time or another, but not this time. Am I missing a step?

aikimich, May 17, 2020
  4. Bluetooth headset only works when I have the Sounds Settings panel open

Bluetooth headset is connected and paired but shows as disconnected in Sound setting

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when the Bluetooth headset is pairing but not connecting to the PC. Thanks for the information provided by you on the post.

While working on this issue, we couldn’t find any relevant article which confirms that this particular headset can be used on a Windows PC from the manufacturer website.

However, we would like you perform this steps and check if it fix the issue.

1. Pair the Bluetooth headset to the PC.
    2. Press Windows + I key on your keyboard and select
      Devices.
    3. Select Bluetooth & other devices from the left pane, then click Sound settings from the right pane.
    4. If you see the Jabra Elite 65t listed under
      Choose your output device, then click on Troubleshoot tab.
    5. Select Headset Earphone- Jabra Elite 65t and click next.
    6. Follow the onscreen steps to finish the process.
    7. Check if the issue persist.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth headset only works when I have the Sounds Settings panel open

1. Bluetooth headset only works when I have the Sounds Settings panel open - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headset works

2. Microphone only works when Sound settings is “on“

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone only works when Sound settings is “on“: I have recently got an issue that the microphone, on any headsets I have tried multiple only works when the application Sound settings is on see picture. The program can also not be minimised into the background since it pauses the program. I am trying to follow this...
  3. Microphone only works when Sound settings is “on“

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone only works when Sound settings is “on“: I have recently got an issue that the microphone, on any headsets I have tried multiple only works when the application Sound settings is on see picture. The program can also not be minimised into the background since it pauses the program. I am trying to follow this...
  4. No sound from Bluetooth headset unless I disable its microphone in Sound control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from Bluetooth headset unless I disable its microphone in Sound control panel: Hi, Windows 10, 64-bit, 2004 Dell laptop, with latest drives I recently connected my Aukey Bluetooth earbud to my PC. In Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback has 2 devices - Headset Free AG Audio as the default communication device. Test is audible but garbage -...
  5. Bluetooth headset and headpones in Sound control panel

Bluetooth headset and headpones in Sound control panel: Hi, Windows 10, 64-bit, 2004 I recently connected my Aukey Bluetooth earbud to my PC. In Control Panel -> Sound -> Playback has 2 devices - Headset Free AG Audio as the default communication device. Test is audible but garbage - Headphoens Stereo as the default...
  6. Bluetooth Headset - no sound in Teamspeak joine only if I set hands to standard?

Bluetooth Headset - no sound in Teamspeak joine only if I set hands to standard?: Hello I bought 2 headsets from different manufacturers When I use both in Teamspeak 3 Joine, the sound just goes away under Systemstress was HandsFree on (default communication device) and the stereo on both stops (default) I've tried it around but with stereo...
  7. Sound stops working with bluetooth headset when i go into a game.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound stops working with bluetooth headset when i go into a game.: I bought a blue headset for the sole reason of not having to have a wire in the way. Everytime i load a game in, the sound stops working. I noticed that there are two "headsets" in the sound control panel-- one is a hands-free the default communications device and one is a...
  8. Bluetooth controller will only connect when i open settings > devices

Bluetooth controller will only connect when i open settings > devices: same issue as an individual posted about here some time ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-devices-only-connecting-when-settings/d2a1c576-343d-4a5c-9617-a83320482606 I am on a fully updated windows 10 with the newest bluetooth drivers for my...
  9. Not able to open sound settings in control panel

Not able to open sound settings in control panel: I recently built a new computer and I have windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.267. It lets me open the control panel but when I click on sound settings, a message appears on the screen that says "This app can't run on your PC" and under it, it says :To find a version for...
  10. Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.

Sound ICON in Control panel will not open sound settings.: Control panel will open, but when I click on sound, It errors with [ATTACH] This has been bugging me for awhile now, and I have struggled trying to fix it... I need to boost the mic I use for skype as the volume is too low. Windows 10 64 bit OS Several other Icons in...