Windows 10: Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio

Discus and support Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there! So i have recently connected my Sony WH-XB900N Headset to my laptop and it connected as a headphone, meaning that the mic that I was still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelKevin1, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio

Hi there!

So i have recently connected my Sony WH-XB900N Headset to my laptop and it connected as a headphone, meaning that the mic that I was still using was my laptop mic.

I was tinkering around with the settings by updating drivers and deleting the headset and trying to connect it again. But when I tried reconnecting, it didn't show up as a headset, but at other devices.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks! Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio 2194231c-46c4-4f89-ac80-5e71548af2e5?upload=true.jpg

:)

MichaelKevin1, Aug 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 cant see Bluetooth headset in Realtek aduio device list . Headset connects to Bluetooth can hear the "bleeps" no sound.

I have an Acer Aspire E1-571 running Windows 10.

I have BlueSolie Bluetooth dongle (5.4.277.0)

Realtek audio card (1.0.98.50629)

KSARCADE Bluetooth headset.

The problem is that the headset connects to Bluetooth I hear the "bleeps" and the 'properties' show a good to strong signal bar but the device dose not show up the Realtek audio card device list, ergo the audio card cannot establish a channel to the Bluetooth
    headset , so no sound.

Steps taken.

1) Created a restore point.

2)Downloaded the Realtek W10 Bluetooth driver.

3)Enabled and started the Bluetooth services (BthHSSrv Hands free, bthserv Support service)

4)Uninstalled and reinstalled the Hi def audio drivers.

5)Using the Action centre 'connect' has no effect. The action centre dose not show 'Bluetooth'

6) Contacted MS support could not fix it.

Any practical suggestions gratefully received.

clivegulliver, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Daniel Win User
    Bluetooth Headset will pair & connect, but wont turn into an Audio Device @ Windows 10

As you can see in the picture, Windows thinks that everything is "working correctly"

Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio MrAX0.png

And I definitly know that they did work a while ago, when I last worked with them, but now I can't get them to show up as Audio Device anymore.

I have tried everything, from reinstalling the drivers (official and non-offical ones), running the Windows Troubleshooter, replugging the dongle to another usb hub, enable/disable devices and restarting pc after every of those steps, but nothing helped.

Other Bluetooth Devices such as my Controllers do work on this Dongle/PC and the Headset will connect to other Devices (tested with my mobile and laptop), but i just cant get this Headset to work with this Dongle on this PC.

Daniel, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio

Bluetooth headset doesn't get detected as audio device automatically

Win10 Pro x64 1809
    Headset: August EP650 (Bluetooth v 4.2)
    Portable TV, Portable Freeview Digital TV, Handheld TV, Bluetooth Speakers, Bluetooth Headphones, Bluetooth Receiver, Bluetooth DAB Radio, Clock Radio, TV Aerial

Bluetooth dongle: MPOW MPBH079AB (Bluetooth v 4.0)
    Mpow ® | Match Your Smart Life

I've got the headphones paired via Bluetooth but when clicking on the sound icon in systray there's no option to quick switch.

To get audio through the headset I have to go to Devices and Printers, right-click the headset icon, select Control, then I get the following window:

Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio [​IMG]

I then have to choose Connect.

Only then does the option to switch audio appear in the sound pop-up

Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio [​IMG]

I'm not sure what is required to get the headphones detected automatically - is it a limitation of the headset or my Bluetooth dongle?

WastedJoker, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio

1. Bluetooth Headset showing up as Other Devices and not in Audio - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Headset showing

2. Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device: Hi.I'm using Windows 11. So, I just tried pairing my Airpods Pro 1st gen and they connect but they don't show up as an audio device neither as an output or input and it doesn't show "Connected audio" like it did before. Tried with a JBL Go 2, same issue. Bluetooth adapter is...
  3. Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth audio device not showing up as an audio device: Hi.I'm using Windows 11. So, I just tried pairing my Airpods Pro 1st gen and they connect but they don't show up as an audio device neither as an output or input and it doesn't show "Connected audio" like it did before. Tried with a JBL Go 2, same issue. Bluetooth adapter is...
  4. cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device: so I bought this cheap Bluetooth dongleand it shows up as a USB 2.0 audio device. it didn't come with the driver's cd what should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cheap-bluetooth-dongle-shows-up-as-an-audio-device/84696801-b973-4092-8f79-6592ce541ba6
  5. cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cheap Bluetooth dongle shows up as an audio device: so i bought this cheap Bluetooth dongle and it shows up as an usb 2.0 audio device. it didnt come with the driver cd what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cheap-bluetooth-dongle-shows-up-as-an-audio-device/84696801-b973-4092-8f79-6592ce541ba6
  6. bluetooth headsets are listed as other devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    bluetooth headsets are listed as other devices: I have 3 different Bluetooth headphones and none of them work. My pc was working perfectly, I went on vacation and now it doesn't work. I tried reinstalling drivers, I reinstalled windows tried older Bluetooth devices but none of them seem the help. In the devices section,...
  7. Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device': Hi, I've just bought a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania Wiress Headphones. I'm trying to connect them via Bluetooth to my Windows Surface 4. The headphones are connecting but as an 'Other Device' so I'm not able to use them as an audio device. How can I change this so...
  8. Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device

Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device: I just got a new LG HBS-SL5 bluetooth headset that connects to my PC but the PC does not seem to recognize them as an audio device. I cannot use them for audio or as a mic. I have tried updating the driver, unpairing and repairing, and rebooting both the headset and PC. I...
  9. Bluetooth Headset shows up as Bluetooth Headphones

Bluetooth Headset shows up as Bluetooth Headphones: I'm trying to connect my bluetooth headset in this case a pair of wireless earbuds,Cambridge Audio Melomania so that I can use it as both an audio receiver and a mic. This works fine when I connect to my phone. Whenever I try and connect them through windows settings, and...
  10. Bluetooth Headset not detected as audio device

Bluetooth Headset not detected as audio device: Hello, I recently purchassed an Sony WH-1000mx3 wireless headset. I am currently trying to use it as playback device on my PC via Bluetooth. The headset is currently paired and connected, but does not appear as a choice of playback device. What i did so far, in no...