Windows 10: Bluetooth headset shows as "disconnected" in playback device manager under Sound options

Discus and support Bluetooth headset shows as "disconnected" in playback device manager under Sound options in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have these brand new Bluetooth headphones and I'm not having luck getting sound through them from my Acer laptop. I have Windows 10 Operating system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ZCasiano007, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Bluetooth headset shows as "disconnected" in playback device manager under Sound options

I have these brand new Bluetooth headphones and I'm not having luck getting sound through them from my Acer laptop. I have Windows 10 Operating system and have been wracking my tech savvy brain trying to resolve this.

The Bluetooth device is being recognized by the computer and installed correctly, however, under sound options the headset was shown as 'disconnected'. I'm guessing it has something to do with the driver(s) but not sure.

:)

ZCasiano007, Jan 10, 2019

2. My bluetooth headset isn't listed in the playback devices list.

Original Title: Bluetooth device in playback devices list Windows 10.

I want to connect my Bose headset to my computer. The Bluetooth device list show them as paired. However my headset isn't listed in the playback devices list; so, I my computer can't send sound to my headset. How can I get my headset added to the playback
    devices list?

Dan.Anderson.9308, Jan 10, 2019
  3. aikimich Win User
    Getting sound with bluetooth headset

HI, I have bluetooth Samsung Gear Circle headset and a SoundBlaster Jam bluetooth headset. Both pair fine, both connect fine. No sound. They do not show up in "Select Device Playback". (Speakers and USB headphones show up in that list). I know that
    they both worked at one time or another, but not this time. Am I missing a step?

aikimich, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Bluetooth headset shows as "disconnected" in playback device manager under Sound options

Bluetooth Disconnected in the Sound Playback Devices on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for updating the status of your issue.

I appreciate for trying troubleshooting steps.

Let’s us Set the Bluetooth service and check , Follow the below steps,

Start the Bluetooth service and set it to Automatic:

1. Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and press Enter.

3. Right click on Bluetooth support service and click on Properties.

4. Set the Startup type as Automatic and then click Start under Service status.

5. Click on OK.

This issue may cause when your device is not recognizing headphones.

So let us try to change Default format and check.

1. Right-click on the volume icon that appears in the system tray. A list of options appears from which you will have to click on Playback devices.

2. A Sound window appears which has four different tabs. Click on Playback tab. A list of playback devices appears. Your default playback device will be the one with a green tick on it. Double click on it.

3. A new window will popup. From there, click on advanced tab. Click to pull down the menu in the Default format section and select any one of them.(There is no specific one that can be mentioned because this differs from system to system). After you have selected
    any one, click on “test” button to see how perfectly the sound is coming.

And also I suggest you to try to Enable it manually in Sound Playback Devices.

Right click on device and click on enable.

Check if it helps.

If the issue still persists I request you to uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth device driver. Please follow steps below,

• Press Windows logo key + X
    • Click on Device manager
    • Expand Bluetooth
    • Right click on Device i.e Bose QueitComfort 35
    • And click on uninstall.
    Once you have finished uninstallation, Restart your computer it will automatically Reinstall the Drivers.

Reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17156/windows-10-connect-to-bluetooth-devices

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth headset shows as "disconnected" in playback device manager under Sound options

1. Bluetooth headset shows as "disconnected" in playback device manager under Sound options - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headset shows

2. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  3. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  4. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth speaker is connected but not showing up under playback devices

Bluetooth speaker is connected but not showing up under playback devices: Can someone please help? I have tried updating the drivers, removing the device and installing them. Nothing works. The bluetooth speaker was working a couple of weeks back and today it stopped showing as an audio device...
  6. Bluetooth headsets Paired but showing as "Disconnected" in sound settings.

Bluetooth headsets Paired but showing as "Disconnected" in sound settings.: My problem is this. I have paired a bluetooth headset successfully but when I go to sounds it shows as "disconnected". Right clicking and hitting connect does not work. Therefore i cannot play sound or use the headphones as a microphone. This issue impacts both my Bose...
  7. Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device

Bluetooth Headset Not Showing Up As A Playback Device: I just got a new LG HBS-SL5 bluetooth headset that connects to my PC but the PC does not seem to recognize them as an audio device. I cannot use them for audio or as a mic. I have tried updating the driver, unpairing and repairing, and rebooting both the headset and PC. I...
  8. Headset not showing as a Playback Device

Headset not showing as a Playback Device: Whenever I plug in my headset it's detected, but the only playback device that I can select is my laptop speaker, I've already checked if its disabled in the control panel. Overall I can't find any solution to this problem....
  9. Bluetooth Headset disconnected but appears in Sound Devices

in Windows 10 News
    Bluetooth Headset disconnected but appears in Sound Devices: [ATTACH] [IMG]Owning a Bluetooth headset is important for many Windows 10 users because these audio devices tend to lack wires. You see, wires can get entangled and break, and no one likes when their wired headphone is giving problems. With a wireless [...] This post...
  10. Bluetooth headset comes under "Other Devices" when connected and won't playback.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth headset comes under "Other Devices" when connected and won't playback.: Hello, My Bluetooth earbuds (Apple Airpods) used to work fine with my Windows 10 laptop. However when they are paired now, they show up under the "Other Devices" category in Bluetooth. The settings app show that they are connected, but the sound only comes through the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth headset shows as disconnected windows 10

2. bluetooth headphone playback device seems disconnected

3. windows bluetooth headset shown as disconnected

4. bluetooth speaker shows as disconnected,
  5. headset disconnected windows 10 on sound,
  6. windows 10 says bluetooth headset is disconnected,
  7. windows 10 headset disconnected,
  8. recording headset disconnected?,
  9. playback device is disconnected,
  10. bluetooth disconnected in playback devices,
  11. bluetooth device shows as disconnected,