Windows 10: Bluetooth Headset Switching to Headphone mode during a call.

Discus and support Bluetooth Headset Switching to Headphone mode during a call. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using some bluetooth headphones with my Windows 10 machine. They create two separate playback devices in the Sound list, Headphones and Headset.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Doc2197, Jan 21, 2019.

1. Doc2197 Win User

Bluetooth Headset Switching to Headphone mode during a call.

I'm using some bluetooth headphones with my Windows 10 machine. They create two separate playback devices in the Sound list, Headphones and Headset. Headphones is Stereo audio and set to Default device. Headset includes microphone recording audio as well and is set to default communications device.

The issue is when I'm in a call, non call audio (e.g. system notifications, program alerts, internet video) will play and switch my headphones from headset mode to headphone mode, and I lose my call audio. Obviously setting headset to default device and not just default communications device solves this issue, but I'm looking for a more automatic solution. I've tried setting Mute all other sounds in the Communications tab, but that hasn't helped.

Anyone have a way to automatically either disable the default device or mute all non call sounds to all playback devices when in a call?

Additional notes, that may or may not matter:

Headphones are Jabra Elite Active 65t (optimized for phone usage, not laptop usage)

Calling program is Skype for Business

:)

Doc2197, Jan 21, 2019
  2. caperjack Win User

bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Jan 21, 2019
  3. tsur1 Win User
    Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

I have the exact same problem with my Bluebuds X

Bluetooth Headset Switching to Headphone mode during a call. [​IMG]

I have tried to manually add a driver through windows driver update (you can choose a driver device from the list)
    but i'm not sure which one is compatible and had no luck getting the headset portion to work... *Sad

Please let me know if you have found a solution!

Thanks!

tsur1, Jan 21, 2019
  4. taward Win User

Bluetooth headphones connect but headset portion does not

All,

I have a surface pro 4, fully updated. I also have a pair of Revo bluetooth headphones. They also feature blutetooth calling capabilities (i.e. microphone).

I used to connect these without a problem. Recently something strange has been happening. Now when they connect on the headphones (i.e. stereo audio only) is recognized as an audio device.

Normally Windows recognizes headsets like this as two separate devices - headphones for audio and headsets for calling. I can confirm that device manager sees them both as functioning normally. But, as shown below, the headset portion is showing as disconnected. But there is no way to connect it.

I have uninstalled and deleted the device and re-paired it. Nothing works. Thoughts?

taward, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Headset Switching to Headphone mode during a call. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Headset Switching

2. Solution to Bluetooth headphones not working / headset to headphone mode / force A2DP /...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Solution to Bluetooth headphones not working / headset to headphone mode / force A2DP /...: Quick shout out to P.M.SALMAN KHAN for literally saving me from having to buy new headphones.Here's the original article: Fix For Low Bluetooth Audio Quality Due To Hands Free Telephony On - Microsoft CommunityBut just to reiterate:1. Go to more bluetooth settings2. Go to...
  3. Solution to Bluetooth headphones not working / headset to headphone mode / force A2DP /...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solution to Bluetooth headphones not working / headset to headphone mode / force A2DP /...: Quick shout out to P.M.SALMAN KHAN for literally saving me from having to buy new headphones.Here's the original article: Fix For Low Bluetooth Audio Quality Due To Hands Free Telephony On - Microsoft CommunityBut just to reiterate:1. Go to more bluetooth settings2. Go to...
  4. Bluetooth issue with headset/headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth issue with headset/headphones: Hello, I have a problem with Bluetooth headphones. I can't use any app for chatting Discord, Telegram, Zoom, etc and be able to simultaneously play any media in good quality including any game. Other users also report the same problem and so far there is no solution to it on...
  5. Bluetooth headphones turn off during video calls

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones turn off during video calls: Hello!I use the Bose QuietComfort 35 II as my main headphones, and often connect them to my Surface Laptop first gen. This generates two profiles: Stereo for listening only and Hands Free which engages the microphone and allows for pass-through audio.The Stereo profile works...
  6. Bluetooth Headphone switches to Headset Automatically When Starting game

Bluetooth Headphone switches to Headset Automatically When Starting game: So i had this issue where my one plus bullet wireless headphone connect normally to my laptop but when ever i start a game it automatically switches to headset audio output from headphone output which results in bad audio quality.When i close my game after few sec it reverts...
  7. Bluetooth problem when switching profile between Headset/Headphones

Bluetooth problem when switching profile between Headset/Headphones: I'm using an HP Elitebook 1040 G7; ever since I got that a couple of weeks ago, I have a problem with my bluetooth headsets no matter which. Every bluetooth headset is usually connected with two profiles, Headset for communications and Headphone for media, with stereo sound...
  8. Headset with no sound during calls

Headset with no sound during calls: Hi, I'm using the Sony WH-1000xm4 headphones, I run Win10 20H2 build 19042.630 last updated on a Razer Blade 15 2020. On a normal use there is NO PROBLEM at all, the sounds are great, I can hear everything and if I go to playback devices on sound settings I can see the...
  9. Bluetooth Headset Recognised as Headphone

Bluetooth Headset Recognised as Headphone: I try to connect to a new headset for the first time. There are 2 separate bluetooth drivers were installed when the device is connected, for headphone no microphone and for headset with microphone. The device is only recognised as headphone so the microphone is not...
  10. Bluetooth headphones connection - headset mode only

Bluetooth headphones connection - headset mode only: Hey, I've bought panasonic wireless headphones and I tried connecting them with my phone (S8) and it works perfectly. With my Lenovo laptop with windows 10 on the other hand it was a total disaster. I've been trying so solve the problem for a few weeks now. My headphones only...