Windows 10: Bluetooth headset works but i can't use Windows volume to control it

Discus and support Bluetooth headset works but i can't use Windows volume to control it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Sony Gold Wireless headset and it works perfectly fine, the only issue is that the windows volume Control (the slide in the task bark)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alaslipknot, May 11, 2017.

1. Bluetooth headset works but i can't use Windows volume to control it

Hi,

I have a Sony Gold Wireless headset and it works perfectly fine, the only issue is that the windows volume Control (the slide in the task bark) doesn't affect it at all. So in order to change the volume i have to either use the built-in buttons of the headset, or whatever software am currently using, this is not a critical issue but am very used to the volume buttons i have in the keyboard (specially the "Mute" button).

What i tried so far :
    Making it the default playback device :

Bluetooth headset works but i can't use Windows volume to control it [​IMG]

Enabling bluetooth services :

I also tried using the "troubleshoot tool" and updating the driver, nothing solved this issue, because like i said, the headset is playing Sound correctly, its just that somehow it overwrite windows sound control or something.
    I also did some comparison with my Razer headset and i noticed something a bit weird,

In my other Windows-10 pc, when playing AC/DC - Highway to hell solo on full volume, the playback device volume bars looks like this :

Playing the exact same song from the exact same source (Spotify) with full volume and also with the Razer headset, the volume bars don't get passed "4-5 bars" even thought that in my ears it's as loud as the other computer :

And for the sony Headset, it shows the same result in the "bad" and "good" PC (can't pass 4-5 bars)

I have no idea if this can help or even if it has any meaning but I just noticed that its kinda weird, even when i use the speakers the volume bars are always limited to "4-5 bars".

But again, my main issue is that i want this slider to work :

Cause even that its set to Mute, Windows is still doing a tons of Sound.

Edit :

Another thing that i forgot, using the volume mixer has some strange results too, changing the volume of an individual software works perfectly, in this screenshot

I was able to reduce Spotify volume to ~30%.

Then i took it back to match main system volume (100%) and then reduced the whole System volume

and as always, absolutely no effect, even when its muted.

Thank you

:)

alaslipknot, May 11, 2017

2. Lumia 920 low call volume in bluetooth headset.

I have low volume during calls in my bluetooth headset Nokia BH-310 connected to Lumia 920 even on maximum 10/10 volume. I realize that the problem is not in headset (headset is much louder when is connected to Nexus 5) so the problem must be in the phone.
    This headset has not separate volume control and the volume is controled only from the phone. Is there a vay to increase bluetooth headset volume on Lumia 920?

I have Nokia Black update installed in the phone.

Petr1234---01, May 11, 2017
  3. N8: Bluetooth volume problem

Hey, the phone is quite big and I understand that a Bluetooth headset is important. I am using a Bluetooth headset too and keep my phone in my Laptop bag. Anyway, I also noticed the same as you did but it is not a problem with the phone.
    It is just a feature which is based on a logic that if one is pairing a Bluetooth headset would obviously not hold the phone as the purpose of using Bluetooth is mainly to avoid that. The technical reason is, that Bluetooth does not only relays the sound but
    also the access to Volume controls that your Bluetooth Headset supports. So, if you some day purchase and pair a Bluetooth Headset with no Volume controls, your phone controls would remain active. Addressing to the problem that you mentioned about the high
    volume when navigating can be adjusted by going in to Options on the left side of the map screen. Hope that helps you.

ShafiHusain, May 11, 2017
  4. Bluetooth headset works but i can't use Windows volume to control it

bump...

My main headset (razer) got broken today, and am gonna have to use the Sony wireless one, can anyone please help here ?

alaslipknot, Dec 7, 2017
Thema:

Bluetooth headset works but i can't use Windows volume to control it

1. Bluetooth headset works but i can't use Windows volume to control it - Similar Threads - Bluetooth headset works

2. Volume control doesn't work on headset after re-connecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume control doesn't work on headset after re-connecting.: Windows 11 OS Build 22621.1105 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0First of all, I tried to submit this using the Feedback feature on Windows Desktop, and I was getting a perpetual loading circle-spiral-thing.My actual issue is with using a pair of...
  3. Volume control doesn't work on headset after re-connecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume control doesn't work on headset after re-connecting.: Windows 11 OS Build 22621.1105 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22638.1000.0First of all, I tried to submit this using the Feedback feature on Windows Desktop, and I was getting a perpetual loading circle-spiral-thing.My actual issue is with using a pair of...
  4. Bluetooth volume control issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth volume control issues: I have an "ortho remote" https://teenage.engineering/products/orthoremote Bluetooth audio control controlling volume, play/pause, etc from teenage.engineering. In Windows 10 21H1 19043.1110, changing the volume on the remote is unpredictable; when I change the volume it...
  5. Problem with volume control while using Bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with volume control while using Bluetooth headphones: Adjusting the master volume doesn't change how strong the sound is, at all. To actually change the volume I have to do so from the volume mixer for each individual application. Any feedback? submitted by /u/mr-Ze [link] [comments]...
  6. Bluetooth Headset volume cant be changed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Headset volume cant be changed: Hi guys, i have a jbl t500bt headset and for some reason i cant control the volume using windows volume slider or my keyboards control( it does show that the sound level has changed but i see no change) and weirdly enough the sound level changes when i use my headsets built...
  7. Audio volume control on Bluetooth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio volume control on Bluetooth: While the missing function of Bluetooth volume control, in the Task Bar Volume Control, may be replaced by a similar function in the App or Software this is frequently untrue for audio commentaries in web browsers leaving the choice of be deafen by full volume or not listen....
  8. When the screen locked, bluetooth headset control not working

When the screen locked, bluetooth headset control not working: My Bluetooth headset cannot pause, play or change tracks when the screen goes to lock mode. However when the system is unlocked, these functions work fine. I checked this issue with multiple Bluetooth headsets and think it is connected to Windows 10. My PC runs Windows 10...
  9. Bluetooth headset controls not working while screen is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth headset controls not working while screen is locked: Hello, I am using the latest (Oct 2018, build 1809) version of Windows 10 Pro. The problem I have is that whenever my screen times out and goes to lock mode, the Bluetooth headset is unable to pause/play or change tracks. When the system is unlocked, these functions work...
  10. Windows 10 bluetooth speaker volume control is not working

Windows 10 bluetooth speaker volume control is not working: hi, i have successfully paired my PC with Anker bluetooth speaker (A3143 stereo) but the Windows volume cannot adjust the volume (except for mute) Please advise...