Windows 10: Bluetooth Hidden in Device Manager

Discus and support Bluetooth Hidden in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, About a few months ago, my Bluetooth stopped functioning on my computer. After a bit of digging today, I found out that my computer does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Amaan Naqvi, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Bluetooth Hidden in Device Manager

Hello all,

About a few months ago, my Bluetooth stopped functioning on my computer. After a bit of digging today, I found out that my computer does not detect Bluetooth capabilities anymore, but it does indeed have them. When trying to troubleshoot, it says "This device does not have Bluetooth capabilities. Please use a Bluetooth adapter" or something of the sort.

Well, after clicking show hidden devices in Device Manager, Bluetooth is available. All my Bluetooth devices are greyed out, however, and I cannot update any of them. Any help would be appreciated, as this severely cripples my PC.

Thank you :

:)

Amaan Naqvi, Mar 17, 2020

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Bluetooth is hidden in device manager?

Had you seen it in Device Manager before so you know where it's listed there?

Hidden devices are revealed on the View tab in Device Manager.

If not try Scan for Hardware Changes on Action Tab.

Go to the Support Downloads webpage for your PC or bluetooth device make/model to instal the latest driver.

Check that there isn't an Fkey or other switch for your model PC Bluetooth.

Feel free to ask back any questions and let us know how it goes.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Bluetooth Hidden in Device Manager

Bluetooth Driver Disappears from Device Manager and Settings/Devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Drive. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Show Hidden Devices.
    • Search for the Bluetooth device.
    • Right click on the Bluetooth device and click
      uninstall.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth Hidden in Device Manager

1. Bluetooth Hidden in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Hidden Device

2. bluetooth device hidden in the device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth device hidden in the device manager: somehow the bluetooth disapear from my quick panel settings and device manager i tried update my window and tried alot of method still doenst work can someone help me how to fix it...
  3. bluetooth device hidden in the device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth device hidden in the device manager: somehow the bluetooth disapear from my quick panel settings and device manager i tried update my window and tried alot of method still doenst work can someone help me how to fix it...
  4. Bluetooth Drivers are hidden in Device Manager and Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Drivers are hidden in Device Manager and Settings: This has happened many times, I had updated my laptop last month and the Bluetooth was working fine but since last weekit just decides to disappear and appear randomly. I have tried restarting my laptop, restarting the Bluetooth Support Service,ran a System File Checker but...
  5. Bluetooth Drivers are hidden in Device Manager and Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Drivers are hidden in Device Manager and Settings: This has happened many times, I had updated my laptop last month and the Bluetooth was working fine but since last weekit just decides to disappear and appear randomly. I have tried restarting my laptop, restarting the Bluetooth Support Service,ran a System File Checker but...
  6. Bluetooth Drivers are hidden in Device Manager and Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth on and off is gone and it is in hidden device manager. Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth on and off is gone and it is in hidden device manager. Help!: Hi all. I would like to seek your assistance with the problem im having. Bluetooth is gone and i dont know how i can retrieve it. Please help asap. Sorry guys i just need a help Thankyou submitted by /u/youngcocosh [link] [comments]...
  8. Bluetooth Not Appearing in Device Manager Even in Hidden

Bluetooth Not Appearing in Device Manager Even in Hidden: Hi there, I can't seem to activate my Bluetooth on my Windows 10 PC Update 2004; Desktop Ryzen 3700x, ASRock B550i Phantom Gaming MoBo. I don't know what happened, but it suddenly isn't available anymore. Things I have tried: 1. Check if Hidden. It is not there....
  9. Bluetooth is completely missing from device manager (even hidden devices)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth is completely missing from device manager (even hidden devices): So I upgraded my desktop I built myself from Windows 7 in December to win10 pro 64 bit and I hadn't actually tried to use Bluetooth until recently. I have both an intel wireless adapter card with BT and a USB Azio Bluetooth dongle. My internet with the wireless card works...
  10. "Bluetooth" is not Showing in the Device Manager '' hidden device" option .

"Bluetooth" is not Showing in the Device Manager '' hidden device" option .: I cannot get the Bluetooth facility in my windows 10. I checked and found that "Bluetooth" is not Showing in the Device Manager '' hidden device" option . How I can solve this ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. acer 4750 no Bluetooth icon in device manager

2. bluetooth is showing in hidden devices

3. bluetooth hidden in device manager