Windows 10: Bluetooth icon (& driver?) missing

Discus and support Bluetooth icon (& driver?) missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm Juel. I have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10. My laptop is in a situation where its Bluetooth icon is missing from the action center and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Juel_07, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Juel_07 Win User

Bluetooth icon (& driver?) missing

Hi,

I'm Juel. I have a Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10.

My laptop is in a situation where its Bluetooth icon is missing from the action center and Taskbar. But the BlueTooth Adapter is present in the Device Manager. I even tried updating the adapter, but it said the lastest one was already installed.

Bluetooth icon (& driver?) missing 45f58633-43f5-4060-8906-d7c612e0cc74?upload=true.png

When I ran the troubleshooter for Bluetooth, however, it said it had no capability for BT:

Bluetooth icon (& driver?) missing 7534ffbb-b296-41f3-90b1-566db5bda2c6?upload=true.png

So I'm really confused. I tried the amateur's way and shut my laptop on/off. That did not work either.

Please suggest a solution(s)

:)

Juel_07, Sep 9, 2019

2. Bluetooth icon missing

Hi Peter,

The issue is quite unclear and incomplete for us to determine. We’d like to request for a clarification from your concerns for us to understand you better. To help us provide you an accurate answer, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Is the Bluetooth icon missing in the Action Center?
    • Is your Bluetooth device currently inserted?
    • Can we have a screenshot of the interface where your Bluetooth went missing?
    • Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase and compose your concerns in complete detail to our community.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Tusan13 Win User
    Bluetooth driver and icon missing from whole PC - tray icon, device manager, program files?

Dear Michael Gall,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I'm answering your questions below,

• Are you using a built-in or dongle Bluetooth?
      • Built-in Bluetooth with my laptop.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • No major changes (updates/software installations etc.) were done recently.
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
      • Firstly tried to search the .exe file or any other related file associated with Bluetooth through windows search.
      • Secondly, tried to install bluetooth driver provided by lenovo in my driver folder, which indicates missing hardware (2nd image).
      • Thirdly, via "services.msc" tried to automatically run the bluetooth service, but nothing happened!
    That's all.

Tusan13, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Bluetooth icon (& driver?) missing

Bluetooth driver error 10 when converted to Windows 10

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Error code 10 is a driver error, as you have already tried to install the drivers I would suggest you to un-install and re-install drivers and check.

Try the following steps:

Follow the steps mentioned below:

• Right on the start icon and click on device manager

• Select Bluetooth adapter, right click on it and click on un-install.

• Restart the computer,

• Now, install the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth icon (& driver?) missing

1. Bluetooth icon (& driver?) missing - Similar Threads - Bluetooth icon driver

2. bluetooth icon missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth icon missing: I use a Lenovo ThinkPad x131e. it's a second-hand device I bought with windows pre-installed. I can't turn Bluetooth on it seems to be missing. When I go to the action centre the bluetooth option is missing. there is a connect option but when i click that it says it can't...
  3. bluetooth icon missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth icon missing: I use a Lenovo ThinkPad x131e. it's a second-hand device I bought with windows pre-installed. I can't turn Bluetooth on it seems to be missing. When I go to the action centre the bluetooth option is missing. there is a connect option but when i click that it says it can't...
  4. bluetooth icon missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Bluetooth icon missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth icon missing: I accidentally deleted Bluetooth from my device. Now I can't see Bluetooth on/off icon anywhere on my pc. I was trying to connect my Bluetooth mouse watching a video on the internet. I am tired of doing everything. Please help me....
  6. Bluetooth icon missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth icon missing: I reinstalled Windows 10 and then when I tried to use Bluetooth, I spectated that the Bluetooth icon is missing and when I searched it everywhere I didn't find it. Then when I ran the troubleshoot for Bluetooth, it displays that Bluetooth is not available on my device. But...
  7. Bluetooth Icon and Driver missing

Bluetooth Icon and Driver missing: Hello, so my bluetooth icon went missing from the settings and the quick launch icons as well. And i couldnt find it in the device manager as well and then i tried restarting the bluetooth support service in windows.msc and everything and also installed latest drivers from...
  8. Missing Bluetooth Driver

Missing Bluetooth Driver: my device didnt come with bluetooth drivers and ive searched all over the web looking for where to download it from please I need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-bluetooth-driver/64d10d9c-f59d-4b68-81b2-835de2686fb6
  9. Missing bluetooth and icon

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing bluetooth and icon: My bluetooth went missing last month from windows 10. Even in the control panel, no sign of bluetooth. Must be corrupted.How do I solve this problem? Thank you....
  10. missing bluetooth icon

missing bluetooth icon: Missing bluetooth icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-bluetooth-icon/ff4101cc-199a-499b-83d8-9313e84042ec