Windows 10: Bluetooth icon missing and no On/Off button in Bluetooth setting

Discus and support Bluetooth icon missing and no On/Off button in Bluetooth setting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear/Sir/Madam, I have problem for bluetooth function as the icon is missing and there is no on/off button for me to click in setting. Below is my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CF2276, Aug 31, 2020.

1. CF2276 Win User

Bluetooth icon missing and no On/Off button in Bluetooth setting

Dear/Sir/Madam,

I have problem for bluetooth function as the icon is missing and there is no on/off button for me to click in setting. Below is my laptop model.

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro

Model: HP Compaq CQ20-213TU

Chipset: Intel GM45/47

Southbridge: Intel 82801IM ICH9-M

BIOS: Version 68PHU Ver.F.05

I have tried to install drivers below but also failed / unable to install.

BT_21.50.0_64_Win10.exe

broadcom_bluetooth_6_5_1_5800_driver

broadcom_bluetooth_12_0_0_9580

This issue makes me headache and unable to connect bluetooth device such as bluetooth speaker for online class. :

Need urgent help. Thanks in advance.

NOTE: Please send me an solution to my mailbox *** Email address is removed for privacy *** as well. Thanks for help!

Regards.

:)

CF2276, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Try3 Win User

No button for bluetooth in action center

Joe,

Assuming that you have a Bluetooth card, run these checks -

Do you have a Bluetooth entry in Settings, Devices?

Bluetooth icon missing and no On/Off button in Bluetooth setting [​IMG]

If not then Windows does not think you have a Bluetooth card. Check Device manager for a Bluetooth group.

1. If neither of these is there then you do not have a Bluetooth card or you have disabled Bluetooth in the BIOS. You should check your BIOS for a relevant entry but BIOSes vary so I cannot suggest where such a setting might be. You could seek advice from your computer maker or their user forum.
    2. If one is there but not the other then you might be able to get it working correctly by reinstalling the driver from your Computer / Bluetooth card maker's website.

You can customise the items shown in Action center but Bluetooth, if it is enabled, is generally put there by default. As explained above, you can customise what is shown by playing around with Settings, System, Notifications. You can add more entries or you can drag off existing entries or you can drag existing entries around to get them in the layout you prefer.

Denis

3. JoeDuarte Win User
    "Bluetooth Settings" is missing and not showing

Hi Antonio – I had the same issue last week and fixed it. Forget about Services settings or the Programs list in Control Panel.
    1. Open Device Manager (right-click on your Start button, then in the pop-up menu click on Device Manager)
    2. In Device Manager, double-click on Bluetooth – it's the second item listed, right after Audio Inputs...
    3. Now you'll see a list of items under Bluetooth. Your Bluetooth adapter/card will be in this list, and its name will be company that makes it. e.g. Intel Wireless Bluetooth. Ignore the other items listed under Bluetooth, the Microsoft stuff and any Bluetooth devices that you see in the list, like mice or headphones. If you don't know who makes your Bluetooth card, this info will be in your paperwork, and on the PC-maker's website. It's often Intel, so if you see Intel Wireless Bluetooth, just double-click on it. If your supplier is different than click on them instead.
    4. Look at the initial screen that pops up. Under Device Status, it will say "The device is working properly", or is not working properly. If it says it's not working properly, open the Driver tab in this window, and click the Enable button.

That should fix it. Might need a reboot, but I don't remember. Go into Settings --> Devices, and Bluetooth should be back.
    Later,
    Joe Duarte
    On Twitter: ValidScience

JoeDuarte, Aug 31, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth icon missing and no On/Off button in Bluetooth setting - Similar Threads - Bluetooth icon missing

2. Bluetooth button missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth button missing: i was connecting my wireless earphones with my laptop, but it was not connecting for some reasons, so i switched it on and off, but then the button went missing. I think my bluetooth driver is the problem but when,i installed driver...
  3. The Bluetooth icon is missing and Bluetooth can't be turned on or off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Bluetooth icon is missing and Bluetooth can't be turned on or off.: The Bluetooth icon is missing or Bluetooth can't be turned on or off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-bluetooth-icon-is-missing-and-bluetooth-cant/252c3127-5177-4fe8-8365-73bb7e517d4b
  4. The Bluetooth icon is missing and Bluetooth can't be turned on or off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Bluetooth icon is missing and Bluetooth can't be turned on or off.: The Bluetooth icon is missing or Bluetooth can't be turned on or off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-bluetooth-icon-is-missing-and-bluetooth-cant/252c3127-5177-4fe8-8365-73bb7e517d4b
  5. bluetooth turn on and off button missing, bluetooth is also missing in device manager.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    bluetooth turn on and off button missing, bluetooth is also missing in device manager.: wanted to connect my headphones to my pc but it said i needed to turn bluetooth back on, but the toggle was missing. checked device manager > hidden devices, it was there but nothing needed an update or anything, how do i turn it back on. submitted by /u/keliodas17...
  6. Bluetooth On and Off Button Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth On and Off Button Missing: When I tried to use my Bluetooth mouse today I was unable to due to my Bluetooth suddenly turning off. Thus I went to settings > Bluetooth and other devices to turn it back on, however the toggle button for this is missing. I then went to device manager to look for a driver...
  7. Bluetooth "On/Off" button missing from settings every morning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth "On/Off" button missing from settings every morning: [ATTACH] Hi all, I am using Windows 10 on a brand new Dell XPS 13 Laptop. Lately when I come to my computer in the morning, my headphones don't show up in the sound settings. I check the Bluetooth settings, and each of my BT devices says "bluetooth is turned off". But the...
  8. Bluetooth icon/ Bluetooth on/off setting not showing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth icon/ Bluetooth on/off setting not showing.: So im in windows 10 and fully updated but my on/off bluetooth setting is not there. I go to action center and expand and its not there. I click edit then add but I can't add bluetoothits not an option. So I go to bluetooth and other devices in my settings and its not a...
  9. Bluetooth button is missing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth button is missing: The Bluetooth button is missing in the tiles and settings. I am not aware what could have happened. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-button-is-missing/507db835-5a28-4eb0-8ebd-c9e3e8688640
  10. Missing Bluetooth ON/OFF icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Bluetooth ON/OFF icon: I am using Windows Home (32 bit) on my machine. I were able to connect my external speaker with my machine via Bluetooth before. For some unknown reasons, the Bluetooth ON/OFF icon suddenly gets disappeared from "Settings | Bluetooth & other devices" page today. May I...