Windows 10: Bluetooth inactivity duration before disconnect?

Discus and support Bluetooth inactivity duration before disconnect? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop connects to my stereo via Bluetooth when not at the desk but It used to stay connected to the stereo for hours even if the laptop had no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MetalBassFingers, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Bluetooth inactivity duration before disconnect?

My laptop connects to my stereo via Bluetooth when not at the desk but It used to stay connected to the stereo for hours even if the laptop had no sound going and Since I upgraded the hard drive and put a fresh windows 10 on it the sound now disconnects after maybe 10 min and goes back to the laptop speakers. How do it change this to stay connected till I stop the connection and not have it time out after 10 min? All other devices that connect stay connected but this laptop now.

submitted by /u/MetalBassFingers
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MetalBassFingers, Mar 17, 2020

2. How to disconnect and reconnect bluetooth devices in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Pair the Bluetooth device to the system.
    • Right click on the Speaker icon in the System tray and select
      Playback Devices.
    • Select the device and click on the drop down list next to Set default button.
    • Select the option to connect and disconnect from the device.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Not Happy Win User
    Streaming music on bluetooth disconnects wifi

Having upgraded form 8.1 to Windows 10 I now find that streaming music on bluetooth disconnects wifi. It does this every time within a few minuets. (Bluetooth and Adapter drivers are up to date.) I have changed the virgin super hub from channel 1 to 12 but problem remains)
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Jake

Not Happy, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Bluetooth inactivity duration before disconnect?

Bluetooth speakers - how to stop from disconnecting.

Hello,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you uninstall the Bluetooth adapter and
    reboot the machine so that it will be reinstalled.

After reboot, follow these steps:

• Go back to Device manager.
    • Click on the Bluetooth drop down.
    • Right-click on your Bluetooth Adapter choose Properties.
    • Go to the Power Management Tab.
    • Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jay Jap, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth inactivity duration before disconnect?

1. Bluetooth inactivity duration before disconnect? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth inactivity duration

2. Bluetooth Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Disconnecting: I have a PC that has a addon Wi-Fi/Bluetooth. Around every 10-15 minutes my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard disconnect. At first I thought that updating the drivers will help, but windows says that they are already all updated. I even check on the website and the drivers that I...
  3. Bluetooth Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth Disconnecting: I have a PC that has a addon Wi-Fi/Bluetooth. Around every 10-15 minutes my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard disconnect. At first I thought that updating the drivers will help, but windows says that they are already all updated. I even check on the website and the drivers that I...
  4. Bluetooth disconnection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth disconnection: My Bluetooth has a strange behavior. It will disconnect from time to time and it will not stay. I have my mouse with Bluetooth connection and in the middle of me doing some work the pointer will stop. I check that the Bluetooth turns off then I need to turn it back on for me...
  5. Bluetooth disconnection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth disconnection: My Bluetooth has a strange behavior. It will disconnect from time to time and it will not stay. I have my mouse with Bluetooth connection and in the middle of me doing some work the pointer will stop. I check that the Bluetooth turns off then I need to turn it back on for me...
  6. Bluetooth disconnects.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disconnects.: Hello, I am using Windows 10 Pro and while my PC is connected to both bluetooth, my bluetooth sometimes disconnects, but when I am not using my bluetooth does not disconnect. First I thought that maybe it was due to a faulty bluetooth adapter, so I bought a new one, but the...
  7. Bluetooth issue - Headset disconnection for "inactivity" - Part 2

Bluetooth issue - Headset disconnection for "inactivity" - Part 2: Hi,I was unable to unmark the previous post which didn't lead to a resolution and no more answer is given so I make a new one. Sorry if it's not the right way.The previous thread allowed to corner the issue : my headset with microphone has 2 audio modes Stereo microphone not...
  8. Bluetooth issue - Headset disconnection for "inactivity"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth issue - Headset disconnection for "inactivity": Hi,My headset keep disconnecting after running exactly 1 hour. It corresponds to the automatic disconnection feature if no activity detected music, mic, games, etc....- I have bought 2 pairs of the same headset because of poor autonomy. Both desengage after 1 hour and a quick...
  9. Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard bluetooth constantly disconnects on sleep or inactivity

Microsoft Surface Ergonomic Keyboard bluetooth constantly disconnects on sleep or inactivity: Hi Support, I am having an issue that several people seem to have had before me. There are relevant threads at "Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard bluetooth constantly disconnecting" and at "Bluetooth will not connect when the PC wakes up from sleep on Windows 10". Those...
  10. Bluetooth Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Disconnecting: Hello, I have a new Alienware Aurora R8 about 5 months old. Since owning the Bluetooth drivers will constantly be uninstalled from the computer. Dell has tried everything, replacing the wireless card 3x, motherboard 2x and GPU 1x. The last wireless card replacement was a...