Windows 10: Bluetooth inoperable after update

Discus and support Bluetooth inoperable after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; An update ran this morning and disabled my bluetooth. I found it in the hidden devices of the device manager, but it says I have to reconnect the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ron Hanson, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Bluetooth inoperable after update

An update ran this morning and disabled my bluetooth. I found it in the hidden devices of the device manager, but it says I have to reconnect the hardware.

:)

Ron Hanson, Sep 17, 2019
  2. WhoLou Win User

Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable

Pardon,
    I say hopelessly more as sign of my frustration than anything to do with hardware or configurations.

Let me explain: At one point it worked: All my attempts at pairing were successful, ie. Rift Sensors, external audio buds, peripherals mouse, keyboards, etc.

At some point, can't pinpoint, but months, a year, after above, was unable to pair anything from BT speaker to BT headphones, BT printer, etc.: The various set-up options within BT just repeatedly dotted across the screen. Should mention that all previously paired accessories remained listed and paired and functioning. Also the new peripherals easily paired with other BT equipped assets.

Here is what I tried: following a number of You Tube vids, I made sure drivers were fresh and up-to-date. At one point I accessed regedit to alter an entry suggested by a poster, changing 6.3 to C.2 (don't at moment recall specifics, anyway changed it back). Also by the same poster, fiddled with BT Services menu options which also were non-effective.

Now this morning realizing I have two (?) listings under Bluetooth in Device Manager (Dell Wireless 1706 Bluetooth and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator), I disabled one than the other thinking it may be a matter of conflict of interest, but, alas, none of what I attempted has had any effect.

I would deeply appreciate any ideas or suggestions which may jolt this misbehaving component into compliance. Thank you.

WhoLou, Sep 17, 2019
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Sep 17, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Bluetooth inoperable after update

Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth inoperable after update

1. Bluetooth inoperable after update - Similar Threads - Bluetooth inoperable update

2. Bitlocker inoperable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker inoperable: <removed> I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the phone and chat I received no resolution. <OT removed>...
  3. Bitlocker inoperable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker inoperable: <removed> I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the phone and chat I received no resolution. <OT removed>...
  4. Updates make my three computers inoperable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updates make my three computers inoperable: For many months now, I have dreaded and avoided Microsoft Windows updates on my three computers -- one desktop and two laptops -- because I can guarantee that the updates will be make them inoperable for at least several hours. My partner says that Windows Explorer is...
  5. Updates make my three computers inoperable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates make my three computers inoperable: For many months now, I have dreaded and avoided Microsoft Windows updates on my three computers -- one desktop and two laptops -- because I can guarantee that the updates will be make them inoperable for at least several hours. My partner says that Windows Explorer is...
  6. update, the printer is inoperable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    update, the printer is inoperable: Dear Readers!I found an article that after the June 15, 2020 win 10 update, some printers don’t print, unfortunately my printer doesn’t print either. With a USB connection, though, it was still operating normally in early 2020.How can an purchased device / driver become...
  7. taskbar lock inoperable

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar lock inoperable: I have the lock the taskbar checked. However, without my doing anything, the taskbar will double or triple in height. I need to unlock the taskbar to reduce it's height, then I lock it again. This has been happening for a couple of weeks. The taskbar is at the bottom of my...
  8. Microsoft Office is inoperable

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office is inoperable: Completed August update. Now most programs and files report. Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item, C:\Program Files\WindowsAppsMicrosoft.Office.Desktop.Word_16051.13209.20308.0x86. I am...
  9. Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable: Pardon, I say hopelessly more as sign of my frustration than anything to do with hardware or configurations. Let me explain: At one point it worked: All my attempts at pairing were successful, ie. Rift Sensors, external audio buds, peripherals mouse, keyboards, etc. At...
  10. Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth hopelessly inoperable: Pardon, I say hopelessly more as sign of my frustration than anything to do with hardware or configurations. Let me explain: At one point it worked: All my attempts at pairing were successful, ie. Rift Sensors, external audio buds, peripherals mouse, keyboards, etc. At...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The bluetooth mouse disapeared in the device listings; how to get it back?