Windows 10: Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio

Discus and support Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use my computer in my car for work. I have previously been able to use the Ford SYNC Bluetooth to Windows Bluetooth connection to play audio from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Justin_791, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio

I use my computer in my car for work. I have previously been able to use the Ford SYNC Bluetooth to Windows Bluetooth connection to play audio from my computer to the car stereo. I was issued a new vehicle and attempted to connect to the new Bluetooth. The connection works, but Windows doesn't recognize the car stereo as an output device. I connected my AirPods to see if another connection works, and those work fine. The image uploader isn't working here, so here is a link to the screenshots https://imgur.com/a/5OWkFYs

:)

Justin_791, Nov 28, 2023

2. bluetooth headphones connecting as microphone but not audio

After a driver updated my bluetooth devices connect as voice but not as audio I have tried to:

• Connect it manually in the sound managment (nothing happen, it doesn´t connect)
    • Uninstall and install drivers (nothing happen)
    • Return to the previous version (nothing happen)
    • Trobleshooting (it can´t start because it is not connected as an audio device)
    • Updated to windows 11 (the problem is still there)

Adrian Pastoriza, Nov 28, 2023
  3. Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio :)

GiancarlosGarza, Nov 28, 2023
  4. Tobbe Win User

Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio

Can't select paired bluetooth speaker as sound output (Windows 10)

I just got a new bluetooth speaker, an Urbanears Stammen (concrete grey)

I can connect to it from my phone, using Bluetooth, and play back sound no problem. But I can't get my Windows 10 laptop (Dell XPS 15) to use it as a playback device.

I can connect and pair to it no problem, as you see in the screenshot below

Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio ehlZX.png

It also shows up under bluetooth in the device manager. It's not listed under "Audio inputs and outputs", which I thought it should be, but I can see it under "Sound, video and game controllers".

Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio d4Fvh.png

But I can't select it as a playback device Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio :(

Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio DNCNI.png

I found this relevant superuser question: Windows 10 computer paired w/ bluetooth speaker, but doesn't send music to speaker

And I tried the suggested steps listed there, but nothing helped Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio :(

Any further ideas I could try?

Tobbe, Nov 28, 2023
Thema:

Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio

1. Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio - Similar Threads - Bluetooth connected doesn't

2. Win 11 doesn't connect to audio on Bluetooth earphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 doesn't connect to audio on Bluetooth earphones: Hi, I have 48000Hz earphones when I open the case they connect to Bluetooth automatically but it says connected mic not Connected mic, Audio , There is no audio in the earphones. So I have to disconnect them manually and connect them again until it says Connected mic, Audio...
  3. Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio

Bluetooth is connected but doesn't play audio: I use my computer in my car for work. I have previously been able to use the Ford SYNC Bluetooth to Windows Bluetooth connection to play audio from my computer to the car stereo. I was issued a new vehicle and attempted to connect to the new Bluetooth. The connection works,...
  4. Any bluetooth device that is connected to my PC doesn't play audio, even though they play...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any bluetooth device that is connected to my PC doesn't play audio, even though they play...: I tried unpairing and pairing the devices in question, I updated all the drivers I could but it still doesn't work. Please help I don't know what else to do, I worry that I will need to factory reset my computer....
  5. Any bluetooth device that is connected to my PC doesn't play audio, even though they play...

Any bluetooth device that is connected to my PC doesn't play audio, even though they play...: I tried unpairing and pairing the devices in question, I updated all the drivers I could but it still doesn't work. Please help I don't know what else to do, I worry that I will need to factory reset my computer....
  6. bluetooth headphones connected but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth headphones connected but not playing audio: i connected my bluetooth headphones to my laptop but they arent connected to audio or playing sound. i tried connecting them to my phone and it worked. are my headphones broken or is it my computer.im using a mpow 059 for headphones and a HP Laptop 17-by2xxx notebook pc...
  7. Bluetooth audio doesn't play on all programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio doesn't play on all programs: I've had a wireless bluetooth headset for a while now. Very often, only some programs output sound when they're connected. For example, skype, zoom or any other sort of video / voice chat program only outputs sound from that program, and other programs such as chrome of a...
  8. Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no audio plays.

Bluetooth Headphones Connected but no audio plays.: I have a pair of Mee BTX2 bluetooth earphones that work normally on my phone but not on my laptop Asus Zephyrus GA502DU. I can pair and connect to the earphones and they play audio only when the hands-free device is selected as the playback device, not the stereo mode which...
  9. Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth Pairs and Connects but won't play audio: Hello all, The basic info: I have a Dell XPS-15 running Windows 10, a Denon AVR-S710W receiver and Google Wifi. The receiver is hardwired to one of the Google Wifi pucks. Through iTunes, I'm able to use Apple Airplay to play my music library through my receiver and...
  10. Bluetooth Device Connected But Doesn't Appear As Audio Output

Bluetooth Device Connected But Doesn't Appear As Audio Output: I have a Insignia NS-SB216 soundbar. This morning it was connected and working fine. Then for whatever reason my PC crashed and I had to restart. Now the soundbar is connected but it doesn't appear as a sound output device so I have no sound. How can it be connected but not...