Windows 10: Bluetooth is gone from my MSi GE40 laptop

Discus and support Bluetooth is gone from my MSi GE40 laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have been struggling with this problem for a couple of months now but cannot find a solution that works. I have a MSi GE40 laptop that used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JKH 13H, Dec 5, 2019.

1. JKH 13H Win User

Bluetooth is gone from my MSi GE40 laptop

Hi,

I have been struggling with this problem for a couple of months now but cannot find a solution that works. I have a MSi GE40 laptop that used to have Bluetooth. Somewhere between the 1903 and 1909 updates, it disappeared. It is still visible in Device Manager if I View Hidden Devices. The Bluetooth adapter is a Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter. I researched drivers on this and found that the driver necessary is at least 1.5.1012. My driver was below that so updated and now have 1.5.1012.3003.

Bluetooth only appears under the Hidden Devices area of Device Manager. When I go to Windows Settings/Devices/Bluetooth, there is no switch to turn on Bluetooth. When I try to add a device, I get an error message that says the computer is not equipped with Bluetooth.

I currently am running Windows 10 1909 Build 18363.426. I ran SFC /Scannow with no problems being identified. I ran DISM and found that it could repair problems. Ran it again and it said it repaired problems with the startup image.

Can anyone help with other options to get this running again?

Thanks

:)

JKH 13H, Dec 5, 2019
  2. xorbe Win User

MSI Ships GE40, the New Standard in High Performance Portable Gaming

What else is there in the 14" category with non-gloss 1600x900 and decent dedicated graphics? I might be up for replacing my laptop soon. This GE40 is on my short list already.

xorbe, Dec 5, 2019
  3. MSI Ships GE40, the New Standard in High Performance Portable Gaming

well, there is the alienware m14x, though i wouldnt recommend it, as it overheats and only has half the gpu power of the ge40. i heard gigabyte was bringing out a 14 inch gaming laptop as well, but i havent seen it. the only other one that is avaliable, AFAIK, is the 14 inch razer edge. seems like msi hit the perfect spot here. there are not really any alternatives, with the razer being $600 more expensive, and the alienware having throttling issues, and lenovo's y480 having stuttering issues with sli.

TheinsanegamerN, Dec 5, 2019
  4. Bluetooth is gone from my MSi GE40 laptop

Bluetooth is gone

I'm not sure if this was because of a recent update, but I was using my bluetooth for audio in one moment and the next it wouldn't connect. Upon further inspection, it appears my Bluetooth is gone.

Symptoms: Running WIndows 10

• Bluetooth does not show up in device manager
    • Troubleshooter tells me there is no Bluetooth capability on my laptop (there is and I use it frequently)
    • It's as if it just disappeared from my laptop

I have tried:

• Making sure My Windows is up to date (it is)
    • Installing drivers from the manufacturer's site
    • sfc/scannow

I can't seem to get my laptop to realize it has Bluetooth no matter what I have tried so far. Does anyone have any voodoo I can try next?

LeviHenley, Dec 5, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth is gone from my MSi GE40 laptop

1. Bluetooth is gone from my MSi GE40 laptop - Similar Threads - Bluetooth gone MSi

2. Bluetooth on my laptop is GONE!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth on my laptop is GONE!: Bluetooth on my laptop is GONE! It quit working & completely disappeared while in use. Why? And how can I get it back? My hand can't handle the on-screen keyboard much longer....
  3. Bluetooth on my laptop is GONE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth on my laptop is GONE!: Bluetooth on my laptop is GONE! It quit working & completely disappeared while in use. Why? And how can I get it back? My hand can't handle the on-screen keyboard much longer....
  4. Bluetooth on my laptop is GONE!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Bluetooth is gone from computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth is gone from computer: Last night I opened a game and my Bluetooth audio started to sound really bad, when I went to go reconnect it I just couldn't, and now the toggle switch for Bluetooth is gone and the troubleshooter says that my computer does not support Bluetooth and in device manager...
  6. Bluetooth is gone from computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth is gone from computer: Last night I opened a game and my Bluetooth audio started to sound really bad, when I went to go reconnect it I just couldn't, and now the toggle switch for Bluetooth is gone and the troubleshooter says that my computer does not support Bluetooth and in device manager...
  7. Bluetooth gone from my computer completely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth gone from my computer completely: For the past few months my Bluetooth would randomly shut off and disappear usually I would fix this with resetting my computer but one day resetting it wouldn't fix the problem so I went and followed all the tips and tricks to get it to work again. I did device manager...
  8. Bluetooth suddenly is gone from my computer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth suddenly is gone from my computer?: my Bluetooth came with this laptop and 1 day I decide to use it and it says Bluetooth disabled and I was like what? So when I tried to find the on-off button it was not there and it's not in the command center and it's not also in the device manager it's like my Bluetooth...
  9. My Bluetooth is gone!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Bluetooth is gone!: My bluetooth suddenly disappeared. I updated driver and everything I could think of but nothing. Please help! Error 10-06-2020 20:51:56 Kernel-PnP 411Ninguno Nombre de registro:Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Origen: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Fecha:...
  10. BSOD errors after anniversary update on MSI GE40 Dragon Eyes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD errors after anniversary update on MSI GE40 Dragon Eyes: I am getting some BSOD errors on my GE 40 especially since the anniversary update which I did several weeks ago. I am now beyond the point of reverting to the earlier version, I think. It has been happening more often. The computer starts up and shuts down fine. The only new...