Windows 10: Bluetooth is gone, Unknown USB device?

Discus and support Bluetooth is gone, Unknown USB device? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had bought a Skytech Archangel gaming PC about a month ago and I've been enjoying it. As I was playing a game on Steam, my computer crashed, giving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Daniel45428, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Bluetooth is gone, Unknown USB device?

I had bought a Skytech Archangel gaming PC about a month ago and I've been enjoying it. As I was playing a game on Steam, my computer crashed, giving me the error IRQL_not_less_or equal. At first I thought it was nothing, until I saw that Bluetooth was completely missing from my PC. I couldn't turn it on, nor was it giving me an option to. I downloaded the feature update, thinking it would resolve the issue, but Bluetooth was still gone. On top of this, in my list of devices, there now appears to be something that says: "Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed". What frustrates me the most is that when I ran the Bluetooth troubleshooter, it told me that Bluetooth was not even compatible with the PC I was using, despite the PC having Bluetooth embedded into it and the fact that it was working fine for a month. I can no longer use Bluetooth, and every time I plug something into my USB ports, I get a tooltip saying: "driver error". If someone out there could help me solve this difficult issue, I would greatly appreciate it. :

:)

Daniel45428, Dec 31, 2020
  2. Burgi Win User

Unknown USB Device - Bluetooth Dongle

I have a generic bluetooth dongle that I got several years ago. I tried to use it today on my Windows 10 PC and I got an error saying it wasn't able to install the drivers.

The device manager says it cannot find the device descriptor.

Bluetooth is gone, Unknown USB device? Au7yP.png

I've tried different USB ports (USB 2 and USB 3) with the same result. I ran SFC which returned no issues. I have also updated the drivers for my motherboard with the same result when I plug the dongle in. On a whim I even tried it in another Windows 10 PC where it worked immediately.

So to summarize:

• Worked in previous versions of Windows (XP and 7)
    • Works on other Windows 10 PCs
    • Works in Ubuntu and OSX
    • Totally generic, no manufacturer or model number on the casing

This question appears similar but provides no actual solution. I am completely baffled, any suggestions?

EDIT

To throw another spanner in the works, I just plugged it into the USB port the side of my screen and it worked immediately. I would still like to know the reasons why it still won't work in the original ports.

Burgi, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Tranbol Win User
    No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Elias35 Win User

Bluetooth is gone, Unknown USB device?

Bluetooth disappered from device manager with "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" -error

Thank you for the response, but I followed those steps and I still can't find Bluetooth on device manager, Bluetooth switch on settings and the "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" error is still
    there. Any other methods?

Elias35, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth is gone, Unknown USB device?

1. Bluetooth is gone, Unknown USB device? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth gone Unknown

2. unknown usb device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unknown usb device: unknown usb device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unknown-usb-device/98b3560d-7dd4-4b49-9156-f074adc42492
  3. Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device: okay I am really frustrated I have tried everything on the internet said to do but it didn't work!! I am getting the error Unknown USB Device I don't know what to do next!! Help please!...
  4. Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown USB Device: okay I am really frustrated I have tried everything on the internet said to do but it didn't work!! I am getting the error Unknown USB Device I don't know what to do next!! Help please!...
  5. Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unknown USB Device: Hi,I use Windows 10 official with latest updates.I have no USB device connected but Something keeps connecting and disconnecting to my laptop every few seconds.Device manager says "Code 43" Unknown Device Not connected....
  6. Unknown USB Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown USB Device: Hi,I use Windows 10 official with latest updates.I have no USB device connected but Something keeps connecting and disconnecting to my laptop every few seconds.Device manager says "Code 43" Unknown Device Not connected....
  7. Unknown usb device

Unknown usb device: So when i first got my pc everything was fine then suddenly my keyboard and mouse wouldnt work in any of the usb ports except 1. I did every fix possible expect updating my bios. So my question is i were to update it from the default bios my board came withasrock b450 pro4 to...
  8. Unknown USB Device

Unknown USB Device: I got a new Windows 10 update, after installing it I noticed that my microphone doesn't get detected. I uninstalled the update and went back to the version where my microphone still worked. I've tried uninstalling the drivers for it but it still doesn't work. Everything I've...
  9. Unknown USB device

Unknown USB device: For a couple of months my usb port has been acting weird. So i bought a new mouse. However it did not work. Multiple mouses have not worked on my laptop but strangely an apple mouse works. Is there a fix to this issue?...
  10. unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) Bluetooth

unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) Bluetooth: I have gotten the error message The last USB Device you connected to this computer malfunctioned. and Windows does not recognize it. my Bluetooth headphones disconnected from the computer I checked settings and it said that Bluetooth is turned off I then went to device...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asrock unknown usb device issue