Windows 10: Bluetooth is not an option in Device Manager; How do I add drivers?

Discus and support Bluetooth is not an option in Device Manager; How do I add drivers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a newly purchased desktop system from Lenovo (April 2019) running Windows 10 Pro. Unlike my Lenovo laptop, this system does not display the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by simon_xtian, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Bluetooth is not an option in Device Manager; How do I add drivers?

I have a newly purchased desktop system from Lenovo (April 2019) running Windows 10 Pro.

Unlike my Lenovo laptop, this system does not display the option in Settings (Bluetooth & other devices) to turn on Bluetooth. Nor does the Device Manager (with View > Show Hidden Devices) show any Bluetooth Drivers installed.

Whereas on my laptop Device Manager shows the following:

• Intel Wireless Bluetooth 2016-09-02, v19.10.1635.483
    • Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator, 2006-06-21, v10.0.17134.829
    • Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator 2006-06-21, v10.0.17134.1
    • HT371, 2006-06-21, v10.0.17134.829
    • HT371 Avrcp Transport Adapter, 2018-01-10, v10.0.17134.1

The Lenovo page for drivers & software for my pc shows the Intel driver, but not the other 4.

After installing the latest Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver (and restarting):

• Intel Bluetooth Driver for Windows 10 64-bit (Version 1809 or later) - Desktop, ThinkStation, 20.120.0.320 Mar 2019

The option to turn on Bluetooth is still unavailable.

I have a third-party USB Bluetooth transmitter which works on my Laptop to enable wireless headset.

What do I need to install to enable Bluetooth in Settings?

Please provide links.

:)

simon_xtian, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

WiFi and Bluetooth Options Disappeared from Device management

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Network Adapter troubleshooter.
    Step 2: You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Device Manager.

• Click on View.

• Click on Show
        Hidden Devices.

• Search for the Bluetooth device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Bluetooth Driver Disappears from Device Manager and Settings/Devices

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Drive. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

You may follow the steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue, as the device might be hidden.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Click on View.
    • Click on Show Hidden Devices.
    • Search for the Bluetooth device.
    • Right click on the Bluetooth device and click
      uninstall.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Arun B J, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Bluetooth is not an option in Device Manager; How do I add drivers?

bluetooth not showing after updating driver from device manager

Hello Srini,

As you are facing issues with accessing Bluetooth option after updating the drivers, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to incompatibility of the Bluetooth drivers for your device.

Try the below steps to rollback the drivers to previous version and check if it helps.

Step 1: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 2: Rollback the driver.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
      Device Manager.
    • If you are able to find the Bluetooth drivers, expand it.
    • Right click on driver, select Properties.
    • Go to Drivers tab, click on Roll Back driver.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth is not an option in Device Manager; How do I add drivers?

1. Bluetooth is not an option in Device Manager; How do I add drivers? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth option Device

2. Bluetooth dissapeared from device manager, how do i reinstall it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth dissapeared from device manager, how do i reinstall it?: I have had my desktop for about 2 months, and Bluetooth has been working perfectly until today. Out of the blue, the ability to turn it on just dissipated. I tried to run the Bluetooth troubleshooter, but it just told me that my device did not have the ability to use...
  3. Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager: Hello all,On windows 11, somehow in the last 24 hours I lost the ability to use bluetooth. I've seen it on other computers and have been unable to fix it. I have tried troubleshooting it with no resolution. The drivers are not found in device manager even after showing hidden...
  4. Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth drivers missing and not in device manager: Hello all,On windows 11, somehow in the last 24 hours I lost the ability to use bluetooth. I've seen it on other computers and have been unable to fix it. I have tried troubleshooting it with no resolution. The drivers are not found in device manager even after showing hidden...
  5. Bluetooth driver - can't find on device manager. How do I install it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth driver - can't find on device manager. How do I install it?: HP Envy with newly installed Windows 10. Trying to find bluetooth drivers.....HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-driver-cant-find-on-device-manager-how/09d00321-e22f-4230-a0ce-4e4a20c0401a
  6. I do not see the Bluetooth Driver after unhiding drivers in Device Manager

I do not see the Bluetooth Driver after unhiding drivers in Device Manager: Hi. My friend gave me her old laptop. It's an ASUS x553m. It's currently running Windows 10 Home Edition Updated Yesterday 5/5/2020. This laptop was sitting for a while and was not updated since 2019. Bluetooth options come up when searched on this PC but I do not have the...
  7. "Bluetooth" is not Showing in the Device Manager '' hidden device" option .

"Bluetooth" is not Showing in the Device Manager '' hidden device" option .: I cannot get the Bluetooth facility in my windows 10. I checked and found that "Bluetooth" is not Showing in the Device Manager '' hidden device" option . How I can solve this ?...
  8. No bluetooth driver in device manager

No bluetooth driver in device manager: I tried to turn Bluetooth on and off and then the switch icon was no longer there I looked in device manager even under hidden devices but there is no Bluetooth icons anywhere....
  9. Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings.

Bluetooth option missing in device manager, and in settings.: Hello, A while back, my laptop had bluetooth, it worked and everything was fine. I formatted my PC multiple times in the span of 2 years. I've had this issue ever since I formatted my PC for the 3rd time. The bluetooth option is completely gone. I researched quite a bit...
  10. How do i install drivers for these Devices in Device Manager?

How do i install drivers for these Devices in Device Manager?: I recently did a fresh clean install of windows 10 64 bit on my ASUS X550LC Laptop. SPECS: Processor - 4th Gen i5 4200U Graphic Card - Nvidia GT720M RAM : 4GB DDR3 OS : Windows 10 64 Bit I am having a smooth experience with the OS but im just curious how should i...