Windows 10: "Bluetooth is not available on this device" after update

Discus and support "Bluetooth is not available on this device" after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently run an automatic Windows update (update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)) after which my Bluetooth has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by A Ekvik, Mar 8, 2019.

1. A Ekvik Win User

"Bluetooth is not available on this device" after update

I have recently run an automatic Windows update (update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4023057)) after which my Bluetooth has stopped functioning. I have tried the solutions suggested in previous discussions to no avail:

-- No Bluetooth listed on Network and Internet settings menu

-- Troubleshooter says "Device does not have Bluetooth"

-- Bluetooth and other devices menu visible, but no button to turn on Bluetooth; a message saying "Bluetooth is turned off" under every saved device

-- Driver update clients won't find Bluetooth-related drivers to update

-- Bluetooth Support Service enabled and running

-- Drivers listed in the Bluetooth folder in Device Manager: Device Identification Service; Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator; Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator; Qualcomm Atheros AR3012 Bluetooth 4.0. All appear as up-to-date when searching for updates. No Generic Bluetooth Adapter in sight.

:)

A Ekvik, Mar 8, 2019
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

bluetooth is not available on this device

Hi Alex,

The issue with Bluetooth driver not available on your PC may have happened if the driver is corrupted or it needs to get the latest updates. We suggest that you perform the following methods to help fix the issue.

Method 1:

Run Hardware troubleshooter that is built-in to your computer to find and fix the possible cause of the issue.

• Type Troubleshoot on the search box and press
      Enter
    • Select Bluetooth then Hardware and Devices under
      Find and fix other problems.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Check and install latest Windows updates:

• Go to Settings and choose Windows Update & Security
    • Click Check for updates.

If there are no updates available, go to your computer manufacturer's website and download the latest Bluetooth's driver.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Mar 8, 2019
  3. malware Win User
    Bluetooth Technology Gets Faster With Bluetooth 3.0

From its annual All Hands Meeting in Tokyo this week, the Bluetooth SIG formally adopted Bluetooth Core Specification Version 3.0 + High Speed (HS), or Bluetooth 3.0. This latest iteration of the popular short-range wireless technology fulfills the consumers' need for speed while providing the same wireless Bluetooth experience – faster. Manufacturers of consumer electronics and home entertainment devices can now build their products to send large amounts of video, music and photos between devices wirelessly at speeds consumers expect.
    Bluetooth 3.0 gets its speed from the 802.11 radio protocol. The inclusion of the 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL) provides increased throughput of data transfers at the approximate rate of 24 Mbps. In addition, mobile devices including Bluetooth 3.0 + HS will realize increased power savings due to enhanced power control built in.

"Like Ricky Bobby in Talladega Nights, this latest version was 'born to go fast,' said Mike's Blog, Ph.D., executive director of the Bluetooth SIG. "Utilizing the 802.11 radio was a natural choice as it provides efficiencies for both our members and consumers – members get more function out of the two radios they are already including in devices, and consumers with Bluetooth 3.0 + HS products will get faster exchange of information without changing how they connect. We are excited to expand the possibilities of the PAN."

This newest version of Bluetooth technology builds on the inherent qualities of the current 2.1 + EDR version, including Simple Secure Pairing and built-in, automatic security. And as with all versions of theBluetooth specification, v3.0 + HS provides developers, manufacturers and consumers with the benefit of backwards compatibility, enabling both the expansion and enhancement of this technology with every new specification release. Once products reach the market, the easiest way for consumers to learn which devices are compatible with other Bluetooth enabled devices is to visit the Bluetooth Gadget Guide.

Applications
    With the availability of Bluetooth version 3.0 + HS, consumers can expect to move large data files of videos, music and photos between their own devices and the trusted devices of others, without the need for cables and wires. Some applications consumers will experience include:
    • Wirelessly bulk synchronize music libraries between PC and music player or phone
    • Bulk download photos to a printer or PC
    • Send video files from camera or phone to computer or television
    Availability

The Bluetooth SIG's formal adoption of the specification is only the first step in the product lifecycle. News out today from wireless chip manufacturers and Bluetooth SIG member companies Atheros, Broadcom and CSR shows the second step – getting silicon solutions to device manufacturers – is already underway. End products for consumers are expected to be in the market in 9 to 12 months.

Technical Specifications
    This new specification release includes several major enhancements (learn more here - page requires member login):
    • Generic Alternate MAC/PHY (AMP)
    • 802.11 Protocol Adaptation Layer (PAL)
    • Generic Test Methodology
    • Enhanced Power Control
    • Unicast Connectionless Data
    Source: Engadget

malware, Mar 8, 2019
  4. "Bluetooth is not available on this device" after update

Trouble Connecting To Bluetooth Device

Hello,

Thank you for updating us with the issue.

I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Bluetooth drivers.

Follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver:

Step 1: Steps to uninstall the device:

• Press Windows key
      + R to open Run.

• Type devmgmt.msc and press
      Enter

• Locate Bluetooth Device.

• Right click on the device and select
      Uninstall.

• Also place a check mark beside the option
      “delete driver files for the device”.

• Restart the computer
    Windows should automatically try to find and install the appropriate driver on restart. In case if it fails to install the driver automatically. If that didn’t work try step 2.

Step 2: Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Go to the manufacture website and search for the latest Bluetooth drivers compatible with Windows 10 available for the device model and then install.

Hope the information helps. If you have any queries related to Windows. Feel free to post. We are here to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Mar 8, 2019
Thema:

"Bluetooth is not available on this device" after update

1. "Bluetooth is not available on this device" after update - Similar Threads - Bluetooth available device

2. Bluetooth not available on this device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth not available on this device.: I have two identical HP Pavilion dv7 laptops, both with Intel wireless cards and running the same BIOS versions and Windows 10. On one, Bluetooth works fine. On the other, Bluetooth is missing from Device Manager and there is no Bluetooth on/off slider in the control panel....
  3. Bluetooth not available on this device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth not available on this device.: I have two identical HP Pavilion dv7 laptops, both with Intel wireless cards and running the same BIOS versions and Windows 10. On one, Bluetooth works fine. On the other, Bluetooth is missing from Device Manager and there is no Bluetooth on/off slider in the control panel....
  4. Bluetooth not available on this device.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. bluetooth not available on this device

in Windows 10 Customization
    bluetooth not available on this device: hi, i'm running a windows 10 and suddenly my bluetooth toggle is gone. my speakers have never worked and always used bluetooth, so this is annoying for mei've tried device manager>bluetooth>bluetooth device>driver tab>uninstall device and restart, but it hasn't changed...
  6. bluetooth is not available on this device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bluetooth is not available on this device: Hello! Today while I was updating my drivers, the bluetooth suddenly disappeared. I got no way to activate it back. My bluetooth troubleshooter says "Bluetooth is not available on this device". The drivers aren't working even if I System Restore the hardware. The other fixes...
  7. Bluetooth is not available on this device

Bluetooth is not available on this device: Hi. i have a problem with my Bluetooth, like this person https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-is-not-available-on-this-device/e94b38d3-a9a0-4324-bcc0-2ba3f2d09a8a , I tried everything , absolutly everything that you will find in that link and it's...
  8. Bluetooth device is not available after an update.

Bluetooth device is not available after an update.: I am currently running on a laptop I recently bought and everything was fine but after an update my bluetooth just disappeared. So I tried everything I thought of and found on the internet but nothing seemed to help. Things I did: First of all I can't even run the...
  9. Bluetooth is not available on this device

Bluetooth is not available on this device: Hello all, last night, without any update or notice, my Bluetooth stop working on my Lenovo Vantage Lenovo ideapad 510-15IKB win 10. I read and tried everything on the web trying to fix it but with no help. there is no sign of it in the device manager and all other...
  10. "Bluetooth is not available on this device"

"Bluetooth is not available on this device": Recently, my computer has had periods of time in which Bluetooth is completely disabled. No option to turn it on, no way to connect to any devices. This problem went away after a while, but now it's back again, and I'm unable to fix it. When I tried the Bluetooth...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth not available on my device

2. bluetooth not available after latest windows uodate

3. bluetooth not available on this device after update

4. bluetooth is not available on this device