Windows 10: Bluetooth is not detected by the device manager

Discus and support Bluetooth is not detected by the device manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A few days ago, my computer suddenly became unable to detect any Bluetooth devices. I didn't restart my computer, but the Bluetooth device just can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Niagora Lines, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Bluetooth is not detected by the device manager

A few days ago, my computer suddenly became unable to detect any Bluetooth devices. I didn't restart my computer, but the Bluetooth device just can't connect to my computer after I didn't use it for a while.

When I checked the notification center, the Bluetooth button just disappeared, looking like that the Bluetooth button never exists. At "Bluetooth and other devices setting", the switch for turning on/off Bluetooth also disappeared, so I can't switch it on again. At Device Manager, there is no Bluetooth being shown, unless I select "view -> show hidden devices". But even if I show "hidden devices" at Device Manager to show Bluetooth, I still can't connect to Bluetooth after I updated all Bluetooth related drivers. I also tried to look at the "Troubleshoot setting", and after scanning Bluetooth for a while the troubleshooter told me "Bluetooth is not available on this device". I also tried to restore some backup of registry that I backed up a few weeks ago, but it doesn't help.

Finally, to try to solve the problem, I upgraded my windows 10 from version 1903 to version 2004, but I still can't connect to the Bluetooth. The situation remains nearly same as above, except one thing: At the Device Manager, the Bluetooth now doesn't show up even if I select "show hidden device", which means the situation for version 2004 is even worse than when I was at version 1903.

Latest details of my OS:

- Windows 10 Home
    - Version 2004
    - OS Build 19041.329

Would you please help? Thanks.

:)

Niagora Lines, Jun 11, 2020

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Bluetooth device disappears from device manager after updating to windows 10

Hi Asim,

Thank you for responding.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with detecting the Bluetooth drivers in Device Manager.

As you have already tried with start the Bluetooth service, run troubleshooter and etc., I suggest you to try the below and check.

I suggest you to check for the HP utilities that are installed in your device and uninstall the one related to Bluetooth and check if it helps.

Steps: 

• Press Windows + x key to open a task list from the bottom left corner of the screen.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • Select for one of the utility from HP that is related to Bluetooth, right click on it and
      Uninstall.

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for any assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 11, 2020
  4. MadKc Win User

Bluetooth is not detected by the device manager

Internal Bluetooth detected in device manager,but cant install drivers

I have seen this problem come up a lot , but the problem still hasn't been solved .

My internal Bluetooth device shows up in my device manager under other devices , but i cant install any drivers . the driver it had was Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter , when trying to reinstall it it it shows the following

Bluetooth is not detected by the device manager [​IMG]

After running troubleshoot for Bluetooth i got this :

the problem started after the laptop crashed , i ran system restore and everything worked except the bluetooth .i have run multiple driver installers/updater's (Intel® Driver & Support Assistant , DriverPack-17-Online ) , and all of them say theirs no drivers for my device .

let me know if i'm short on information

thanks in advance

MadKc, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth is not detected by the device manager

1. Bluetooth is not detected by the device manager - Similar Threads - Bluetooth detected device

2. Bluetooth Device not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Device not detected: Cant detect my device, I tried everything from the troubleshooter to simply uninstalling the driver hoping it detects it on a restart, nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-device-not-detected/2f9adec6-46fb-4c45-8284-ae30d459788b
  3. Bluetooth Device not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Device not detected: Cant detect my device, I tried everything from the troubleshooter to simply uninstalling the driver hoping it detects it on a restart, nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-device-not-detected/2f9adec6-46fb-4c45-8284-ae30d459788b
  4. Bluetooth Device not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Device not detected: My Bluetooth has been working just fine for the past few months, suddenly windows told me it cant detect my device, I tried everything from the troubleshooter to simply uninstalling the driver hoping it detects it on a restart, nothing worked. So now my PC is without a...
  5. Bluetooth Device not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Device not detected: My Bluetooth has been working just fine for the past few months, suddenly windows told me it cant detect my device, I tried everything from the troubleshooter to simply uninstalling the driver hoping it detects it on a restart, nothing worked. So now my PC is without a...
  6. Bluetooth Will Not Detect Devices

Bluetooth Will Not Detect Devices: Hi Guys, I have Intel AX200 Bluetooth installed. Device manager shows that it is working properly. I have installed the latest drivers from Intel's website. When I try and pair a device, it doesn't detect anything at all. The computer does show up on my phones list of...
  7. Bluetooth not detecting devices

Bluetooth not detecting devices: My bluetooth used to work properly but after some windows updated it stopped detecting devices. I set bluetooth support to automatic, reinstalled the drivers but nothing is working can somebody help me?...
  8. Bluetooth detected by Device Manager but isn't working

Bluetooth detected by Device Manager but isn't working: I just realized that the Bluetooth is not working in my laptop. I tried to connect my Bluetooth headphones and it didn't find them. Then I tried to send files from the PC to my smartphone and vice versa, but neither detected each other. I uninstalled and re-installed the...
  9. Bluetooth Devices not detecting.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Devices not detecting.: [ATTACH] HelloI am using A lenovo g50-80 2.00ghz laptop for a while now. It used to detect bluetooth device such as smartphone,etc perfectly 6months before, but i havnt been able to get it to work since.I wanted to connect my Boat rockerz 510 headphones but i cant find it...
  10. Bluetooth not detecting devices

Bluetooth not detecting devices: I have problems with Bluetooth devices in Windows 10, my laptop can not detect my Bluetooth devices. When I try to connect a speaker, the headphones, just don't connect...