Windows 10: Bluetooth isn't working

Discus and support Bluetooth isn't working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my laptop restarted and my Bluetooth was automatically turned off and I tried to go onto device manager couldn't find Bluetooth or putting Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by geek1225, May 4, 2019.

1. geek1225 Win User

Bluetooth isn't working

my laptop restarted and my Bluetooth was automatically turned off and I tried to go onto device manager couldn't find Bluetooth or putting Bluetooth support on automatic or restarting the laptop itself , even download the latest Bluetooth from the Microsoft page however still couldn't fix the problem as it said that Bluetooth was turned off and to check Bluetooth capacity . Its a window 10 64 bit laptop if your wondering

:)

geek1225, May 4, 2019

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 4, 2019
  3. nick255 Win User
    Can't get Bluetooth working...

If your sure that its recognised properly then have a look on this links page http://www.holtmann.org/linux/bluetooth/

The only thing i can think of to fix if it isnt recognised by linux is the following:

Firstly you have to find out what chipset your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Secondly i think your going to have to basically compile your own kernel and include the module for the chipset that your bluetooth dongle uses.
    Thirdly depending on if you add it to the kernel or as like built in you will have to add the name of the module to a config file which is used when you boot linux.

If the kernel doesnt have support for your bluetooth dongle then you can either try and find a different copy of the kernel which does or try and find the driver for it.

To recompile your own kernel however requires a whole guide itself , plus different linux distro's will have different kernels with different options and slightly different config files.

Only thing i can suggest is going to www.gentoo.org and reading through their handbook, its basically step by step setting up linux manually, in the handbook there is a page or two on recompiling your kernel for your particular configuration.

nick255, May 4, 2019
  4. Bluetooth isn't working

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, May 4, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth isn't working

1. Bluetooth isn't working - Similar Threads - Bluetooth isn't working

2. Bluetooth isn't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth isn't working: I have tried just about everything I can find to try and fix my Bluetooth as it has been going on for months now. At this point, it seems like my computer likes seeing me struggle. Although last time this happened, I had ended up restarting my computer and I lost the...
  3. Bluetooth isn't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth isn't working: I have tried just about everything I can find to try and fix my Bluetooth as it has been going on for months now. At this point, it seems like my computer likes seeing me struggle. Although last time this happened, I had ended up restarting my computer and I lost the...
  4. Bluetooth isn't working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth isn't working.: I cannot turn on or use bluetooth. When i go into the device manager it says that windows has stopped it because of problems code 43. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-isnt-working/35f5646d-1df0-4984-a4ea-4e863ed8f851
  5. Bluetooth isn't working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth isn't working.: I cannot turn on or use bluetooth. When i go into the device manager it says that windows has stopped it because of problems code 43. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-isnt-working/35f5646d-1df0-4984-a4ea-4e863ed8f851
  6. Bluetooth isn't working.

7. Bluetooth isn't working

Bluetooth isn't working: This just started happening today. I tried connecting bluetooth earbuds to my computer and it connected for a few seconds, then disconnected and wouldn't connect back. I tried turning bluetooth on and off, many times, but that didn't work either. In fact, when I turned it off...
  8. Bluetooth isn't working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth isn't working?: [ATTACH] This just started happening today. I tried connecting bluetooth earbuds to my computer and it connected for a few seconds, then disconnected and wouldn't connect back. I tried turning bluetooth on and off, many times, but that didn't work either. In fact, when I...
  9. Bluetooth isn't working

Bluetooth isn't working: After one of the recent Windows updates both of my bluetooth adapters stopped working. I can't even enable bluetooth in settings because there's no longer an option to do so. I do see it in device manager, and it is listed in services as running, but I can't connect, as that...
  10. Bluetooth isn't working

Bluetooth isn't working: This problem has come up before but it somehow went away by itself, but now it has come back and is more annoying than ever. So I have a bluetooth mouse that I use and want to keep but the problem is that bluetooth is removed from the settings and also hidden in device...