Windows 10: Bluetooth Issues, BSODs repeatedly + Other issues

Discus and support Bluetooth Issues, BSODs repeatedly + Other issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've come to Microsoft before about these issues, but nothing was fixed. Here's a basic run down of my issues: -Multiple BSODs: Turning Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ToastieMachine, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Bluetooth Issues, BSODs repeatedly + Other issues

I've come to Microsoft before about these issues, but nothing was fixed. Here's a basic run down of my issues:

-Multiple BSODs:

Turning Bluetooth on and off or even flight mode on and off from the notification window gives me BSODs. I had a different stop code before but I've forgotten what it was, the one I'm getting now however is IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. The BSOD will also get to 100% and then do nothing meaning I just force shut it down.

I tried the BSOD troubleshooter in Windows but it didn't come up with anything.

-Bluetooth issues:

Until about 2 hours ago my Bluetooth adaptor was working fine. It will turn on when the PC is booted (either from restart or power up), but if you turn it off it'll remain off. What I mean by that is, even if I go into my Bluetooth settings and switch it to on, all the devices will say "Bluetooth is turned off" and wont connect any of them.

When my Bluetooth headphones (Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless) connect automatically when the PC is turned on, all the audio will become stuttered and inaudible. The headphones work fine on everything else.

I tried the Bluetooth troubleshooter in Windows but it just gave me the issue I had and couldn't resolve it. I also tried to uninstall the adapter from device manager, and when booting up the PC again it started re-installing all the devices. But it still isn't working.

Other issues:

Computer sometimes stutters to a halt (extreme audio stuttering + lag) and then the screen will become black but not off. The hard drive activity light becomes orange. However, my laptop is running SSD/HDD combination and Windows is loaded into the SSD, so I'm assuming me moving the laptop isn't affecting anything since the light becomes orange when the laptop detects movement, presumably some kind of damage protection for the HDD? So I'm not really sure why it becomes orange since it's most likely an SSD issue???

Computer won't restart/shut down:
    More recent, but my computer gets stuck when trying to shut down or restart, meaning I have to hold down the power button to shut it off. The most common thing I get when shutting down is "Preparing to configure Windows... Please do not turn off the PC." and it won't do anything. Restarting just sits there and gets stuck. It's really annoying.

My PC is completely up to date with updates. I have no big programs installed, only some visual things such as Classic Shell and Rain Meter, but I've had these installed on PCs before with no issues like this. I had these issues even without these installed though so I know it's not these causing any problems. I installed Classic Shell about month ago and Rain Meter like, yesterday.

I've lost all sorts of work and important things from this. It's driving me crazy, I can always guess when my PC is about to BSOD too. This has been going on for months now, since around May 2018.

I have an HP ENVY x360. It is refurbished and when I got it I actually had to install Windows again as the inital setup didn't go right lol (black screen). Otherwise it works fine, I'm really upset and I just need an answer for these issues. My only other option I suppose is doing a fresh install of Windows but I'm hoping I don't lose anything from it.

Sorry this is quite long, if you can even answer one issue on this I'd be really grateful.

Thanks! Bluetooth Issues, BSODs repeatedly + Other issues :)

:)

ToastieMachine, Oct 22, 2018

2. Bluetooth audio syncing issue

Hi,

There are a lot of factors that can cause the issue about your Bluetooth such as incompatible drivers, hardware issues, and more. We suggest that you go to this

link
    which lists all troubleshooting steps for Bluetooth issues.

Regarding your question about locking Windows Anniversary update, it is possible to postpone an update but it cannot be stopped.

Update us on the status of the issue.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Oct 22, 2018
  3. sygnus21 Win User
    Bluetooth issues

My initial reply to the OP I linked to a review with specs showing the notebook supporting Bluetooth 2.1...

Also if you click the more product details link on your linked page and scroll up, you'll see this...

Bluetooth Issues, BSODs repeatedly + Other issues [​IMG]

Which also lists Bluetooth.

sygnus21, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Bluetooth Issues, BSODs repeatedly + Other issues

Bluetooth issues in windows 10

Hi Archie,

Please answer these questions below to better assist you with the issue you are experiencing with your Bluetooth connection:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • When did the issue start to happen?
    • Any further troubleshooting steps you've done aside from updating the drivers?

For now, we suggest following this article on how to fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10.

We look forward to your update.

Ian Ser, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth Issues, BSODs repeatedly + Other issues

1. Bluetooth Issues, BSODs repeatedly + Other issues - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Issues BSODs

2. Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!: Hello,I have a recently-built PC running Windows 11 - specs are as follows:MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wifi MotherboardAMD Ryzen 5 7600X CPU MSI Coreliquid 240K V2 CPU Cooler64 Gb RAM - 2x "Crucial 32GB memory kit - identical kits installed.Corsair 850HX PSU2x Western Digital Black...
  3. Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Repeated BSOD issue long-term, please help!: Hello,I have a recently-built PC running Windows 11 - specs are as follows:MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk Wifi MotherboardAMD Ryzen 5 7600X CPU MSI Coreliquid 240K V2 CPU Cooler64 Gb RAM - 2x "Crucial 32GB memory kit - identical kits installed.Corsair 850HX PSU2x Western Digital Black...
  4. Help with repeated BSOD issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with repeated BSOD issues: Hi there. I've had three recent BSOD issues with my Surface Pro 7, which I just bought in March this year. Each one is different. Today's was SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION with Win32kbase.sys quoted. The previous one was KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and before that FAULTY HARDWARE...
  5. Help with repeated BSOD issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with repeated BSOD issues: Hi there. I've had three recent BSOD issues with my Surface Pro 7, which I just bought in March this year. Each one is different. Today's was SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION with Win32kbase.sys quoted. The previous one was KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED and before that FAULTY HARDWARE...
  6. Repeating BSOD issue with one particular game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeating BSOD issue with one particular game: Hey all,I'm getting regular bluescreens when playing Star Wars Squadrons. I'm using more peripherals than usual but they're essential ones joystick, Azeron Controller - both connected via USB. No problems with other games.Specs:Processor IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz...
  7. Repeated BSOD and Windows Activation Issues Windows 10

Repeated BSOD and Windows Activation Issues Windows 10: Hello, My computer runs on Windows 10 and for the past month I have been getting frequent BSODs at random times. They typically happen a few times a night. I have seen errors such as: CRITICAL PROCESS DIED, STORE EXCEPTION, SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION. I have tried scanning my...
  8. Bluetooth toggle missing and other issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth toggle missing and other issues: Occasionally my Bluetooth toggle disappears from settings, however, it usually appears after restarting my computer. It has been gone for 3 days now and I ran a troubleshooter and it said that my device does not have Bluetooth, which it most certainly does because I have used...
  9. Repeated BSOD ntoskrnl.exe driver issue?

Repeated BSOD ntoskrnl.exe driver issue?: I have been getting daily crashes, but now my computer crashes either immediately upon startup or up to several hours after minimal use. BSOD either very briefly displays at 0% and then restarts or the screen goes black and restarts. I did catch one BSOD that lasted for a...
  10. Repeated Audio issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated Audio issues: After updates the sound has started giving problem Winver 1809 OS build 17763.195 Windows10 64bit Have tried updating/uninstalling/reinstlling Realtek driver multiple times but unable toresolve the issue Also tried deleting user and creting new user Troubleshooting only...