Windows 10: Bluetooth issues in Windows 10

Discus and support Bluetooth issues in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle plugged into a separately powered USB 3.0 hub, which is connected to the PC with a USB 3.0 cable into a USB 3.0... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SSShadii, May 9, 2020.

1. SSShadii Win User

Bluetooth issues in Windows 10

Hi, I'm using a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle plugged into a separately powered USB 3.0 hub, which is connected to the PC with a USB 3.0 cable into a USB 3.0 port (i.e. USB 3.0 the whole way to the PC). I'm getting terrible range though. My Xbox One controller starts to become unresponsive at about 8-10 feet. I have a cheap wireless keyboard and it starts to act up at the same distance. If I move them both like 1.5 feet forward, no problems.

I'm thinking about upgrading the Bluetooth adapter, but I'd like to be sure it would fix the problem first as a Bluetooth 4.0 dongle is supposed to get upwards of 30 feet. It doesn't sound like it is the dongle to me. Could this be a power thing, or a data transmission thing? USB 3 doesn't specify a maximum distance, but I believe my cable is within USB 2.0 max distance, so I don't see that being a problem either.

Also, the dongle to the couch is unobstructed. Any ideas how to fix this?

Not sure which computer specs are relevant, but:
    Windows 10 Pro: Most current build
    Ryzen 5 3600x
    ASUS Prime X570-P motherboard
    16 gb 3200 Hz ram
    Raedon 590

:)

SSShadii, May 9, 2020
  2. aasim1111 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, May 9, 2020
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

So I bought a new Bluetooth headphones the skull candy uproar since my old one isn't working. It came with only the headset and usb charging cable. The problem is I can't seem to pair it to my pc. I have windows 10 by the way. There is no Bluetooth on off button in windows settings. I went to device manager but there us no icon for Bluetooth. I did everything I knew but none of it worked.I can post pictures if anyone needs.An alternative might be a Bluetooth dongle but I m not sure I'd it would work plus I paid $50 so don't wanna spend more

I looked up on Internet and many people seem to have issues with windows 10 and Bluetooth. I thought of asking here knowing my UK friends are smart.

Anyone have any idea of how to get Bluetooth to work on my pc.

PS don't curse windows 10. I already know it's a mess and not a very good os.

aasim1111, May 9, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Bluetooth in windows 10

USB-BT211 Mini Bluetooth Dongle | Networking | ASUS Global

• Support A2DP for Wireless Stereo Music Playback
    Edit: This is a dongle with old BT version I see now, but I'm sure you can find a Asus BT4.0 version.

Edit2:

@aasim1111 I have this one, it doesn't show that it supports A2DP in the specs but I think it'll work, otherwise send a mail to Asus and ask.
    USB-BT400 | Networking | ASUS Global

P4-630, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth issues in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth issues

2. Bluetooth Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Issue: How do I prevent Windows from disabling the Bluetooth when the battery is low? I tried updating the driver and disabling the power management option which allows the computer to turn off the device. still no luck. Please suggest if you have experienced similar issues. OS Name...
  3. Bluetooth Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Issue: How do I prevent Windows from disabling the Bluetooth when the battery is low? I tried updating the driver and disabling the power management option which allows the computer to turn off the device. still no luck. Please suggest if you have experienced similar issues. OS Name...
  4. Bluetooth issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth issue: Noticed a yellow exclamation in 'Device Manager' under Bluetooth>Qualcomm Fastconnect 7800 Dual Bluetooth AdapterUninstalling it and reinstalling it did NOT resolve the issue after restart. Windows update was of no help either. What did resolve it was to 'Disable' the Windows...
  5. Bluetooth issue

Bluetooth issue: Noticed a yellow exclamation in 'Device Manager' under Bluetooth>Qualcomm Fastconnect 7800 Dual Bluetooth AdapterUninstalling it and reinstalling it did NOT resolve the issue after restart. Windows update was of no help either. What did resolve it was to 'Disable' the Windows...
  6. Bluetooth Issue After WIndows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Issue After WIndows Update: I recently upgraded my PC and re-installed windows. Had issues with bluetooth - couldn't find most of my devices and the ones I could find had limited audio connection and were breaking up. I fixed it by updating my motherboard BIOS. This was on Windoesn't 10. A new Windows...
  7. Bluetooth Issue After WIndows Update

Bluetooth Issue After WIndows Update: I recently upgraded my PC and re-installed windows. Had issues with bluetooth - couldn't find most of my devices and the ones I could find had limited audio connection and were breaking up. I fixed it by updating my motherboard BIOS. This was on Windoesn't 10. A new Windows...
  8. why i get issue on Bluetooth devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i get issue on Bluetooth devices?: i connected my Bluetooth headphone in my through the bluetooth adapter i listen media things by it but when i call some one by any social platform from my pc i am facing a problem ?...
  9. why i get issue on Bluetooth devices?

why i get issue on Bluetooth devices?: i connected my Bluetooth headphone in my through the bluetooth adapter i listen media things by it but when i call some one by any social platform from my pc i am facing a problem ?...
  10. Issues with Audio and Video Playback when Connecting to Bluetooth

Issues with Audio and Video Playback when Connecting to Bluetooth: I have issues with video playback when I connect my computer to a bluetooth audio output device. This happens in all browsers and across all applications. The following happens when:Audio or video playback is currently ongoing, but no bluetooth device is connectedWith audio...