Windows 10: Bluetooth issues with bootcamp

Discus and support Bluetooth issues with bootcamp in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I run Windows 10 partitioned on a Macbook Pro. 99% of my work is tied to MacOS, so Apple is a necessity. I run a fairly decent setup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dannlea, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Bluetooth issues with bootcamp

Hey everyone,

I run Windows 10 partitioned on a Macbook Pro. 99% of my work is tied to MacOS, so Apple is a necessity. I run a fairly decent setup ('17 15" Macbook Pro i7, Radeon Pro video card) so I wanted to download W10 to enjoy some gaming. The only issue I'm facing is that the mouse I connect via Bluetooth only stays connected so long as the mouse is active. When I stop the mouse for a period of time, for example to type something, the mouse is disconnected when I go to move the cursor again.

When I open the Bluetooth menu and click "Add New Device" to see what's going on, I notice 2 things:

1. The mouse immediately (usually) starts working again without any additional input on my part
    2. The mouse says "Connected" and doesn't give any indication that it disconnected in the first place.

I've tried to go into Device Manager, Bluetooth Radio, Power Management to make sure the computer isn't putting it to sleep to save power (common solution), but the Power Management tab is non-existent on my computer.

I'm running Windows 10. This problem occurs regardless of the battery mode I've got it in, and even when I've got the computer plugged in. The only solution I've found is to use a USB mouse rather than a Bluetooth mouse.

Is there a way to fix this? Is there some kind of event viewer that I can watch to see what exactly is causing the disconnect?

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/dannlea
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dannlea, Nov 20, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Mac Bootcamp Windows 10 bluetooth issues - still!

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to follow the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click on the Windows icon on the taskbar and select ‘Device manager’.
    • Open Device Manager, expand the Bluetooth Radios subtree.
    • Right-click on ‘Apple Broadcom Built-in Bluetooth’ and choose ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ and click on ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer’.
    • Choose ‘Apple Inc.’ for Manufacturer, and ‘Apple Built-in Bluetooth’ for Model, and install it.

Close device manager, disconnect the device and reconnect.

Hope it helps.

Junaid_A, Nov 20, 2020
  3. MacBook Pro 15-inch 2017 Bootcamp Bluetooth not working

In that case I suggest you uninstall the Bluetooth device by follow the below steps.

Step 1:

Go to search box next to Windows icon and type Device Manager then click to open it.

Step 2:

Under Device Manager expand Bluetooth

Step 3:

Right-click on Bluetooth listed device and select Properties

Step 4:

Select the Drivers tab

Step 5:

Click on Uninstall Device

Step 6:

Restart PC and verify

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Bluetooth issues with bootcamp

Mac Bootcamp Windows 10 bluetooth issues - still!

Hi,

Seems like an issue with the power management.

Try the steps listed below and let us know if it works:

• Open ‘Device Manager’.
    • Right click on the ‘Bluetooth device’ and select ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Power Management’ tab and uncheck ‘Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power’.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth issues with bootcamp

1. Bluetooth issues with bootcamp - Similar Threads - Bluetooth issues bootcamp

2. Bootcamp windows issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootcamp windows issue: I have installed window 11 from my usb with all bootcamp drivers but there is a dark screen and brightness controls are totally ignored. I got a suggestion to delete moniter.sys file from window's driver folder and it worked. But after a day the black screen comes again . Can...
  3. Bootcamp windows issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootcamp windows issue: I have installed window 11 from my usb with all bootcamp drivers but there is a dark screen and brightness controls are totally ignored. I got a suggestion to delete moniter.sys file from window's driver folder and it worked. But after a day the black screen comes again . Can...
  4. BootCamp issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BootCamp issues: HI, i really need help i bootcamped my computer without saving anything to drive on my mac and need help starting a new mac im freaking out as i have school tommorow someone please help...
  5. Mac Bootcamp Windows 10 Bluetooth Issues 2020.

Mac Bootcamp Windows 10 Bluetooth Issues 2020.: Hello. I have been having some issues with connecting to Bluetooth. I know this is a known issue, but as far as I have seen, my issue is unique. That issue is that Bluetooth just isn't there. It is a thing in settings but in quick action manager, device manager, etc,...
  6. Bootcamp bluetooth

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bootcamp bluetooth: There is no Bluetooth on my Bootcamp version of windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootcamp-bluetooth/1cd47691-4a8b-44da-84f6-ddb8d2fdb8c2
  7. Bootcamp Windows 10 Bluetooth Issues and Disconnections

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bootcamp Windows 10 Bluetooth Issues and Disconnections: Hi, I recently downloaded bootcamp Windows 10 on my Mac Pro 2017, and I am still having disconnections and other bluetooth issues. The problem: After connecting a wireless mouse Magic Mouse 2, the mouse will randomly disconnect at certain times - the time it stays...
  8. Bootcamp bluetooth Mouse

Bootcamp bluetooth Mouse: Hello, I am running windows 10 bootcamp on a MacBook, and I've been trying to connect my Bluetooth mouse numerous times but failed. When I go on add a new device, it recognises that there is a mouse, but when I click connect, it says connecting but then just says try to...
  9. Bluetooth Audio issues in Windows 10 using Bootcamp

Bluetooth Audio issues in Windows 10 using Bootcamp: I Recently installed Windows 10 1909 via Bootcamp on my 2018 MacBook Pro. There is issues with the Bluetooth Audio stuttering. When I open Device Manager it shows the following drivers. I updated Windows fully and also the Bootcamp Drivers. When I try to install the Apple...
  10. Mac Bootcamp Windows 10 bluetooth issues - still!

Mac Bootcamp Windows 10 bluetooth issues - still!: Hello! I have a MacBook Pro 2016 running Windows 10 with BootCamp. Recently my bluetooth keyboard and trackpad have stopped working. When I connect them through the Windows bluetooth setup they say 'Connected' and will function for a very short time, and then not at all,...