Windows 10: Bluetooth issues with Windows 20H2

Discus and support Bluetooth issues with Windows 20H2 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,I've been tasked to check out what happens with Windows 20H2 and Bluetooth devices.The issue: Upon upgrading to 20H2 on many devices Laptops from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hetz Ben Hamo, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Bluetooth issues with Windows 20H2

Hi,I've been tasked to check out what happens with Windows 20H2 and Bluetooth devices.The issue: Upon upgrading to 20H2 on many devices Laptops from Dell, HP and Lenovo with Intel 10th gen CPU's as well as 2 no name desktops with Ryzen 7 5800X - I saw a similar issue:Basically, after the upgrade, the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar as well as Bluetooth settings on the Setting page are all there and working. However, depending on the internal mapping of the Bluetooth chip sometimes Wifi/Bluetooth chip - if the BT chip is mapped to the root of the tree, You won't see the issue. If it will be i

:)

Hetz Ben Hamo, Jun 1, 2021
  2. [Suejin] Win User

20H2 - no bluetooth?

Hello Franz_liszt,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor. I can see your device's Bluetooth has disappeared.

The most common and best way to resolve this is by visiting your device's manufacturer website and download the latest Bluetooth driver. Once downloaded, have it installed and check if it's going to work properly.

You can also start troubleshooting the Bluetooth via Device Manager.

1. Press Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc then hit Enter.

2. Click on Bluetooth.

2. Right-click on the Bluetooth driver.

3. Select Update this driver.

If updating doesn't help, click on uninstall this driver instead. Then restart your device and go back to Device Manager. Right-click on Bluetooth then select scan for hardware changes. It should automatically detect the Bluetooth driver and reinstall it.

Here's also a link for possible troubleshooting steps that may help you with the Bluetooth issue:

Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10

Since the issue appeared after installing an 20H2, please consider rolling back the update:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results

2. In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

3. Select Recovery > Open System Restore.

4. In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.

I hope this helps.

[Suejin], Jun 1, 2021
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Ian Ser Win User

Bluetooth issues with Windows 20H2

Bluetooth issues in windows 10

Hi Archie,

Please answer these questions below to better assist you with the issue you are experiencing with your Bluetooth connection:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • When did the issue start to happen?
    • Any further troubleshooting steps you've done aside from updating the drivers?

For now, we suggest following this article on how to fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10.

We look forward to your update.

Ian Ser, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth issues with Windows 20H2

1. Bluetooth issues with Windows 20H2 - Similar Threads - Bluetooth issues 20H2

2. Bluetooth not Detected on Windows 10 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth not Detected on Windows 10 20H2: I had issue with bluetooth in my laptop i'm using lenovo s340 .After update to windows 10 version 20H2 my bluetooth can't detected, i've been tryin to reinstall the bluetooth driver but its not working my bluetooth still can't detected.Anyone could help me?...
  3. 20H2 Bluetooth problem

20H2 Bluetooth problem: I can't connect my headphones even I tried discoverable mode The headphones im using is Beats Solo 3 wireless Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB Device ID 6297E596-0AD4-4CF7-AC6A-2EA4ED62D5FF Product ID...
  4. WIndows Update issues for 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows Update issues for 20H2: I've tried a number of times to install the latest feature update. I can also see where 2004 was never installed either. Every time that I try to install it, I get an error at the very end. It does the entire install - downloads, installs, reboots. But, when it comes...
  5. 20H2 issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2 issue: I have utilized a Windows Media Server to auto back up PCs on my home network for years. After updating to 20H2, I have tried to reinstall the WIndows Home Server Connector software. Now none of the PCs will allow the Connector software to connect to the server in order to...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 issues

Windows 10 20H2 issues: My PC forced an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro version 20H2 build 19042.804, with very negative results, some details below*. The immediate question is that it is now offering an additonal, optional upgrade upon shutdown, so should I take that or hesitate because it might just put...
  7. windows 20h2 sound issue

windows 20h2 sound issue: downloaded the updated 2 days later windows froze for a while then this Distorted sound or a shhhhh shush sound appeared an I can't make it go deleting drivers won't make it go and both wired or Bluetooth and headphone have the same sound but my laptop speakers are...
  8. Windows 10 20H2 Issue

Windows 10 20H2 Issue: Ever since I updated to Windows 10 20H2, I have been having issues with Windows Update. It is stuck on Please Wait while searching for the latest updates. Not only that, when I go to shut down the compupter, it is still giving me the option to update and shutdown or update...
  9. windows 20h2 update issue

windows 20h2 update issue: windows is trying to install update 20h2 , but that update has already been installed how do i stop windows from continuing to try to update ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-20h2-update-issue/49a10cb9-5aad-4892-8841-16eb56639b80
  10. 20H2 - no bluetooth?

20H2 - no bluetooth?: When 20H2 was installed, my bluetooth disappeared. It shows up in devices,. I have uninstalled the drivers, and re-installed. Any help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-no-bluetooth/dcad9cd2-12b7-48ad-b8d2-6b0ec6a46c0b