Windows 10: Bluetooth keyboard and mouse disconnects when closing lid after update

Discus and support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse disconnects when closing lid after update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Lenovo Idealpad laptop no longer allows the bluetooth mouse and keyboard to work when the lid is closed. the current power option settings are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RussellFerreira1, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse disconnects when closing lid after update

My Lenovo Idealpad laptop no longer allows the bluetooth mouse and keyboard to work when the lid is closed.
    the current power option settings are listed as “do nothing” when lid is closed. For both power and battery mode.
    this was working fine prior to an update yeaterday.
    Not sure what else to try

:)

RussellFerreira1, Aug 12, 2020
  2. ee26 Win User

Bluetooth mouse & keyboard disconnecting repeatedly

Hi guys!

Over the last couple weeks I have been having an issue with my bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Both disconnect out of the blue and only work again upon rebooting my Laptop.

- My bluetooth is always on
    - My bluetooth states that both the mouse and keyboard are successful connected
    - My drivers are up to date for both bluetooth devices

Can't seem to find a solution.

Thank you for the help!

3. Windows 10 laptop does not wake with external keyboard and mouse when lid closed

I use a Windows 10 laptop connected to an external monitor, as well as a wireless USB keyboard and mouse. I have configured the laptops's lid so that is does nothing when opened or closed. However, I am unable to wake the computer from sleep using the external keyboard and mouse when the lid was already closed when going to sleep. That is,

• if I go to sleep with the lid open, then close the lid, then touch keyboard/mouse, it works just fine
    • if I enter sleep mode with the lid closed, the external keyboard and mouse will not work

Any idea? I have tried everything I have found on forums, but nothing works for me. I am using a Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air 13, which has a rather limited BIOS (hence changing BIOS settings does not seem an option for me).

Noel Arteche, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse disconnects when closing lid after update

Using laptop as desktop - can't wake it from sleep with wireless mouse or keyboard.

• I'm having a very difficult time following the narrative in your last five (5) replies.
    I've tried to be as clear and concise as possible.

• Have you or have you not installed Avast Free?
    I hadn't uninstalled it, only deactivated it; but just now I did uninstall it, then re-booted the laptop, put it to sleep and tried to wake it using the mouse. No luck.

• You just posted: "Just now, I disconnected the mouse, keyboard and monitor; manually put it to sleep using the Start Menu icons (because the lid action is still set to do nothing); closed the lid; and when I opened the lid it woke up."
    • So the Notebook PC (laptop) "wakes up" now as long as the external devices (i.e., mouse; keyboard; monitor) are not connected to the ASUS device, is that correct?
    Mouse and keyboard connected or disconnected doesn't have any effect on what happens:

- Opening the lid wakes the laptop.

- If the lid is already open and I put the laptop to sleep, pressing the power button wakes up the laptop.

- Lid open or closed, if I put the laptop to sleep and try to wake it using the mouse or keyboard, nothing happens.

eljaycanuck, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse disconnects when closing lid after update

1. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse disconnects when closing lid after update - Similar Threads - Bluetooth keyboard mouse

2. Turn Off Bluetooth When Laptop Lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn Off Bluetooth When Laptop Lid is Closed: Hello, I am trying to get my headphones to stop automatically connecting to my laptop when the laptop is not in use lid is closed and laptop is sleeping. I DO NOT want to remove the device headphones from my computer because I went through the long process of turning off...
  3. How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?: I set my laptop to stay on, when I close the lid. However with a closed lid, I am still able to use the mouse. I can even draw something in Paint although I don't see it, which is odd.I would like to disable some input devices, when the lid is closed and no external monitor...
  4. How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?

How to disable the mouse, when the lid is closed?: I set my laptop to stay on, when I close the lid. However with a closed lid, I am still able to use the mouse. I can even draw something in Paint although I don't see it, which is odd.I would like to disable some input devices, when the lid is closed and no external monitor...
  5. Bluetooth when Lid Closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth when Lid Closed: Question: I have a set of wireless Bluetooth earbuds. When my laptop lid is open, I would like the earbuds to connect to the laptop. However, when the lid is closed, often the earbuds will connect to the laptop. More info: Since the lid is closed, I am obviously not using the...
  6. Bluetooth when Lid Closed

Bluetooth when Lid Closed: Question: I have a set of wireless Bluetooth earbuds. When my laptop lid is open, I would like the earbuds to connect to the laptop. However, when the lid is closed, often the earbuds will connect to the laptop. More info: Since the lid is closed, I am obviously not using the...
  7. When lid closed

in Windows 10 Customization
    When lid closed: Hey Microsoft Community! I want to "Do nothing" when my laptop lid is closed. I was able to set this in Control Panel. I don't want to drain my battery, though, so I want it to hibernate about 5 minutes after there is not activity. Thank you!...
  8. Bluetooth mouse & keyboard disconnecting repeatedly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth mouse & keyboard disconnecting repeatedly: Hi guys! Over the last couple weeks I have been having an issue with my bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Both disconnect out of the blue and only work again upon rebooting my Laptop. - My bluetooth is always on - My bluetooth states that both the mouse and keyboard are...
  9. Bluetooth mouse & keyboard disconnecting repeatedly

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth mouse & keyboard disconnecting repeatedly: Hi guys! Over the last couple weeks I have been having an issue with my bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Both disconnect out of the blue and only work again upon rebooting my Laptop. - My bluetooth is always on - My bluetooth states that both the mouse and keyboard are...
  10. WiFi disconnects when I close lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi disconnects when I close lid: Hi, I've been having this problem where I close y laptop's lid, and when I go back to open it again, the WiFi is always disconnected and I always have to wait for it to connect again. I have tried many ways to prevent this (Disabling "Allow computer to turn off this device...