Windows 10: Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After the last Windows update my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse keep freezing. I have to take out my USB mouse in order to click on the Bluetooth icon in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HelenBeckett374, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

After the last Windows update my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse keep freezing. I have to take out my USB mouse in order to click on the Bluetooth icon in the systray. This happens every few minutes. What can I do to solve this?

:)

HelenBeckett374, Nov 22, 2021

2. Mouse and keyboard freeze

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Welcome to Windows 10 family.

Please be noted that you have all the latest Windows Updates installed on your system. Please follow the steps to update your Bluetooth, keyboard and mouse drivers from Device Manager and check if the issue persists or not:

• Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X, click on
      Control Panel; select System and Maintenance.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, locate KEYBOARD and double-click to check if it’s working properly.
    • Go to Driver tab, then click on Update Driver. And follow the instructions.
    • Repeat step 3 and step 4 to update Bluetooth and mouse drivers.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Nov 22, 2021
  3. devcarpio Win User
    Bluetooth keyboard and mouse keeps freezing after latest Windows 10 update

After last Windows update, my bluetooth mouse and keyboard keep freezing. I have to pull out my USB mouse so I can click on the bluetooth icon on the system tray (lower right corner) then click "Show Bluetooth Devices". As soon as the "Bluetooth & other
    devices" window comes up, my mouse and keyboard start working again. (I don't have to turn Bluetooth off and on.)

This happens every few minutes.

What can I do to resolve this?

My OS build is 19041.572 installed automatically (on shutdown) on 10/17/2020.

devcarpio, Nov 22, 2021
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

Bluetooth mouse still freezes

Hello,

There are multiple possibilities why a Bluetooth mouse could act up. To assist you with your concern, you can try these following steps:

Method 1:

Check if the Bluetooth mouse and its Bluetooth adapter are working properly.

• Try installing fresh new batteries.
    • Try to unplug the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse and plug it back in.
    • Try connecting the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse to a different USB port.
    • Try to remove objects that can interfere with the signal of your Bluetooth adapter and mouse.

Method 2:

Check if you have installed all the updates on your computer. There are chances that you might get Bluetooth drivers through update:

• Go to the Start screen.
    • Type Windows update and click on it from the list of results.
    • Click on Check for updates on the left pane in the new window.

We also suggest that you try to contact the manufacturer of the Bluetooth mouse for other options.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

1. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Bluetooth keyboard mouse

2. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update: After the last Windows update my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse keep freezing. I have to take out my USB mouse in order to click on the Bluetooth icon in the systray. This happens every few minutes. What can I do to solve this?...
  3. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update: After the last Windows update my Bluetooth keyboard and mouse keep freezing. I have to take out my USB mouse in order to click on the Bluetooth icon in the systray. This happens every few minutes. What can I do to solve this?...
  4. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze after the latest Windows 10 update: After the last Windows update my bluetooth keyboard and mouse freeze. I have to pull out my USB mouse so I can click on the bluetooth icon in the systray and then click on "Show Bluetooth devices". As soon as the "Bluetooth and other devices" window appears, the mouse and...
  5. Keyboard and mouse not working after latest update

Keyboard and mouse not working after latest update: HiWhen powerin on my pc my keyboard and mouse work just fine but once windows loads up into the lockscreen they do not work what so ever.This issue has occured to me BEFORE and a system restore fixed it however, if you read on you will see i attempted this again without any...
  6. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse keeps freezing after latest Windows 10 update

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse keeps freezing after latest Windows 10 update: After last Windows update, my bluetooth mouse and keyboard keep freezing. I have to pull out my USB mouse so I can click on the bluetooth icon on the system tray lower right corner then click "Show Bluetooth Devices". As soon as the "Bluetooth & other devices" window comes...
  7. Windows 10 - Bluetooth keyboard and mouse randomly freezes

Windows 10 - Bluetooth keyboard and mouse randomly freezes: I have the Microsoft Modern keyboard and mouse and I am running Windows 10. Weekly, I run into an issue where one of the keys will act as if it is stuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. The keyboard becomes...
  8. Mouse and keyboard randomly freeze after latest Windows 10 update (version 1809, KB 4494441)

Mouse and keyboard randomly freeze after latest Windows 10 update (version 1809, KB 4494441): After recent Windows 10 update (I'm on version 1809, update KB 4494441) - occassionally, mouse and keyboard simultaneously freeze. The image keeps moving (e.g. mouse cursor is showing loading, or browser tab shows loading), but I cannot move/use either. I have looked at Event...
  9. Bluetooth keyboard + mouse freezing

Bluetooth keyboard + mouse freezing: I'm running Windows 10 on an HP Z2 Mini G4. I have a Microsoft Surface bluetooth keyboard and mouse. With both the keyboard and the mouse I'm having an issue where if I don't touch the device for a few seconds, it seems to go to sleep. That is: say I don't move the mouse...
  10. Wireless mouse freezing after latest windows 10 update.

Wireless mouse freezing after latest windows 10 update.: Anyone else experiencing this problem? Using Logitech wireless key board and mouse. Tried moving wireless transmitter to another USB port, deleting and re-installing drivers to no avail. The mouse pointer moves and then freezes for a few seconds then works again. Very...