Windows 10: Bluetooth keyboard and mouse stop working, cannot be removed

Discus and support Bluetooth keyboard and mouse stop working, cannot be removed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Logitech MX Master mouse and K380 keyboard suddenly stop working. They still showed up in the Bluetooth settings, as "paired", but there was no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nousoul, Dec 14, 2018.

1. nousoul Win User

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse stop working, cannot be removed

My Logitech MX Master mouse and K380 keyboard suddenly stop working. They still showed up in the Bluetooth settings, as "paired", but there was no possibility of reconnecting, even when turning Bluetooth off and on. Just "paired". Then I tried unpairing, so I could re-pair, but unpairing keeps failing. Even in Control Panel > Devices > Hardware, no way to unpair. Then after a restart, the Bluetooth tile in the notification pane completely disappeared, and in the Bluetooth settings menu the option to turn Bluetooth on and off was totally missing. The only fix I've found is to just keep re-pairing the devices each time they disconnect, adding duplicates to the "paired devices" list.

:)

nousoul, Dec 14, 2018

2. wireless mouse stopped working

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why your wireless mouse has stopped working is due to a driver or software conflict. Since you have already tried some troubleshooting steps, we would suggest you to follow the methods provided on this

support link
    on how to Resolve Bluetooth mouse or keyboard failure to function.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Dec 14, 2018
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse stop working, cannot be removed

bluetooth keyboard and mouse

i have the mirosoft bluetooth keyboard / mouse and i cant use it untill windows boots up meaning i have to plug up a corded keyboard to get to the bios durins stratup or post

does anyone know about this is there a fix tried searching myself no luck

tony929292, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth keyboard and mouse stop working, cannot be removed

1. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse stop working, cannot be removed - Similar Threads - Bluetooth keyboard mouse

2. Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly: I don't know how and when this problem started but my usb mouse and keyboard stop working completly and i need to reboot my pc to temporaly fix the problem,the screen still work properly, before the mouse and keyboard stopped there will be a stuttering when i move my mouse....
  3. Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard stops working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard stops working on Windows 11: I have a Dell Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard combo. This combo has a USB dongle as well as 2 Bluetooth settings. I have the dongle plugged into my Windows 10 computer, and then use one of the Bluetooth settings on my Windows 11 device. Every so often, the mouse and keyboard will...
  4. Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard stops working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard stops working on Windows 11: I have a Dell Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard combo. This combo has a USB dongle as well as 2 Bluetooth settings. I have the dongle plugged into my Windows 10 computer, and then use one of the Bluetooth settings on my Windows 11 device. Every so often, the mouse and keyboard will...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard just stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and Keyboard just stopped working.: I have a Asus TUF Gaming FX505DY Laptop. It had Windows 11 on Beta Version. A few days ago I had an external USB mouse connected, when I booted up the mouse just didn't work. I thought it was some Driver Issue, So I rebooted. Didn't work. I tried deleting Mouse, USB Root Hub...
  6. Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard and mouse intermittently stop working: I have an ASUS UX430UAR I purchased in 2018. I'm having issues with the keyboard and mouse randomly bugging. When the problem occurs: neither my wireless keyboard, my laptop's physical keyboard or the windows virtual keyboard function. Also, the problem forces my wireless...
  7. Bluetooth mouse and keyboard stopped pairing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth mouse and keyboard stopped pairing: So I've had issues with Bluetooth for a while now, where my Bluetooth mouse and keyboard would disconnect after my laptop woke from sleep. So when I saw the latest intel Bluetooth drivers (22.20 I think) I was ecstatic to see they had this issue fixed in their patch notes. I...
  8. Keyboard and mouse stop working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse stop working randomly: Hi Microsoft, For the past week or so I've been having an issue where my wireless keyboard and mouse stop working at random moments. When the computer starts up everything works fine, and after half an hour or so the input device suddenly becomes unresponsive. Peculiar...
  9. bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working: Windows 10 Pro x64 Logitech M535 mouse My mouse stopped working while using my computer. (Yes, I changed the battery just in case.) In the process of troubleshooting and several failed attempts to restore use of my mouse, I noticed a few noteworthy things: 1) Bluetooth is...
  10. bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working: Windows 10 Pro x64 Logitech M535 mouse My mouse stopped working while using my computer. (Yes, I changed the battery just in case.) In the process of troubleshooting and several failed attempts to restore use of my mouse, I noticed a few noteworthy things: 1) Bluetooth is...