Windows 10: Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update

Discus and support Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Asus T100 Chi tablet. My Bluetooth keyboard (Dock) periodically stops responding after I installed the October update. Sometimes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sterling R, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update

I have an Asus T100 Chi tablet. My Bluetooth keyboard (Dock) periodically stops responding after I installed the October update. Sometimes the keystrokes are "cached" and show up after several seconds. Other times I have to turn the Bluetooth radio off and on to get it back. However, I can continue to communicate with the touchscreen.

I've tried un-pairing and re-pairing with the same results. I've have the latest keyboard and Bluetooth drivers installed as far as I can tell. I've tried uninstalling the drivers and letting Windows reinstall them with the same results.

I'm also having problems waking the tablet once it goes to sleep. It won't respond to the touchscreen to wake on initial touch but will respond after a while, and the touches seem "cached". I have similar responses with the power button when trying to wake it. Sometimes I just have to hard reboot.

:)

Sterling R, Oct 5, 2018
  2. ghost1982 Win User

touchscreen keyboard not autohiding after creators update

The problem I have doing that is the installation media installs the wrong drivers for my device I lose the touchscreen, the ability to turn it on or off, the ability to charge my battery, the keyboard doesn't work (it's a 2 in 1), the list just goes on
    and on. Trying fix screen rotation issues at the suggestion of one of your guys I reset my device, using another computer to download drivers it took me three days to get full functionality back. I also tried updating directly from you guys it didn't help
    same problems. I am not going to go through that again just for the keyboard not auto-hiding. Any other suggestions? Merry Christmas

ghost1982, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Windows 10 - no keyboard after update 4/12

Hello,

If you're experiencing problems connecting your wireless keyboard to your laptop, we suggests running the Bluetooth troubleshooter by:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.
    If the Bluetooth troubleshooter doesn’t fix your problem, you can visit the article: Resolve Bluetooth
    mouse or keyboard failure to function
    . This article contains troubleshooting steps that you can perform to connect your wireless keyboard.

Should you need further assistance, don’t hesitate to reply to this post.

Jelo Sen, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update

Microsoft bluetooth keyboard / running Windows 10

Hello Betty,

The issue could possibly caused by software conflicts, outdated drivers and compatibility issues.

For us to better help you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the exact model of your Bluetooth keyboard?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested workarounds in this article
    to troubleshoot response failures in a Bluetooth keyboard.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update

1. Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update - Similar Threads - Bluetooth keyboard touchscreen

2. October update problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    October update problem: I just installed the windows 20hs and found out that the alarm that is on the computer can no longer get past the lock on screen. Therefor the alarm no longer wakes me. Is there a fix?...
  3. problems with keyboard settings after using bluetooth keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    problems with keyboard settings after using bluetooth keyboard: Hi i used the below b.tooth keyboard with my acerswift laptop czech laptop. using it has changed the keyboard operation of my laptop - keyboard now types with the characters in blue as a default see photo. i have to use the the blue Fn button to get the normal letter - i...
  4. Display problems after October update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display problems after October update: This problem only started after the October update (1809). It started immediately after the update, and is a consistent fault. When the display turns off (power plan) after 30 mins, I get the following problems: # Repeated dong-ding / ding-dong sounds, identical to...
  5. Media server problems after October update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media server problems after October update: Hello! I have been using my Win10 pc as a media server from my Sharp Smart tv. However since the October update my tv could not see the pc as a media server. I have just gone through the reset process on my pc, now I can see the pc as a "media server" from the tv. But I...
  6. october update problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    october update problems: after oct update installed: no notifications appear in action center, and "safely remove hardware" message not appearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/october-update-problems/9d4d8e22-3a83-40f7-abbb-2a683ab96689
  7. Bluetooth problem with Windows 10 October 2018 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth problem with Windows 10 October 2018 update: Since I installed the October Update, my bluethooth keeps stopping sporadically in using Bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Is this a known issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-problem-with-windows-10-october-2018/7491db0b-563c-41db-9b62-326c7a35dcdb
  8. After October Update Bluetooth Audio Dead

After October Update Bluetooth Audio Dead: My notebook cannot use Bluetooth audio to connect to my home theater after Windows 10 october update. Everything else works super fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-october-update-bluetooth-audio-dead/2c9168e3-2573-41f3-9ad6-84d51fd95424
  9. After October Update Bluetooth Audio Dead

After October Update Bluetooth Audio Dead: My notebook cannot use Bluetooth audio to connect to my home theater after Windows 10 october update. Everything else works super fine....
  10. Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth keyboard and touchscreen problems after October update: I have an Asus T100 Chi tablet. My Bluetooth keyboard (Dock) periodically stops responding after I installed the October update. Sometimes the keystrokes are "cached" and show up after several seconds. Other times I have to turn the Bluetooth radio off and on to get it...