Windows 10: Bluetooth keyboard drops out or key-repeats.

Discus and support Bluetooth keyboard drops out or key-repeats. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got a weird bluethooth problem in windows 10. The keyboard seems to drop out and disconnet. It takes tons of button presses to get the thing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by b3nb123, Jan 21, 2020.

1. b3nb123 Win User

Bluetooth keyboard drops out or key-repeats.

I've got a weird bluethooth problem in windows 10.
    The keyboard seems to drop out and disconnet. It takes tons of button presses to get the thing to wake up. I had this issue with a Microsoft 'Designer' Keyboard, even with fresh batteries. To ensure it wasn't the keyboard getting old I recently spent considerable money on a Microsoft Surface keyboard but it still happens. With the brand new batteries it came with.
    Sometimes the keyboard will glitch and produce huge rows of repeated keypresses when I've only tapped a button.
    I've had to completely give up on using my bluetooth mouse, using a 2.4ghz wireless mouse so at least I still have control during these moments.

Wondering what I can try.
    I'm using the onboard bluetooth on my motherboard, an MSI H81M-P33.
    My device manager shows a lot of bluetooth items, however, wondering if I'm OK to remove some of these?

Bluetooth keyboard drops out or key-repeats. [​IMG]

Lots of Bluetooth LE generic Attribute Service and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator entries.

Any ideas guys? Any help appreciated! My computer is getting unusable at times!

:)

b3nb123, Jan 21, 2020

2. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Repeating Keys don't repeat

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2.Try updating the latest keyboard devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Keyboard driver.

c. Right-click on the HID Keyboard Device and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 21, 2020
  4. Swandy Win User

Getting "special" keys on Apple Bluetooth Keyboard to work with Win 10

I have Windows 10 (upgraded from Win 7.1) installed on an iMac on a Bootcamp partition. When I was running Windows 7.1, all the function keys (to control brightness, volume, music playing) worked perfectly. Now under Windows 10 none of them work. And yes, I did go into the setup and try turning on and off the check box for whether or not the keys performed as Function keys with and without holding the FN key.
    Any ideas/suggestions? If I go into Bluetooth devices, the keyboard is shown properly as an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard.
    Thanks.

Swandy, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth keyboard drops out or key-repeats. - Similar Threads - Bluetooth keyboard drops

2. Keyboard randomly repeats keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard randomly repeats keys: Good morning,At random when I am typing my keyboard will randomly repeat letters that I am typing. It happens without any reason in any program and is not consistently the same key. A few pieces of information:1. The laptop is a new refurb from Dell. 2. I had a Logitech K270...
  3. Keyboard randomly repeats keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard randomly repeats keys: Good morning,At random when I am typing my keyboard will randomly repeat letters that I am typing. It happens without any reason in any program and is not consistently the same key. A few pieces of information:1. The laptop is a new refurb from Dell. 2. I had a Logitech K270...
  4. Keyboard randomly repeats keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. keyboard keys repeating

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard keys repeating: Using Updated Win 10 Pro Keyboard keys will not repeat unless re depressed. Is there a setting that effects this and how do I get to it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-repeating/2d321ffa-9364-4dfd-898e-d65bb02cd3e2
  6. Keyboard keys repeating randomly

Keyboard keys repeating randomly: Hi I purchased a Microsoft sculpt comfort keyboard and randomly some keys will repeat continuously until I break the blue tooth connection which seems to be the only way to break the repeat cycle, it's easy to fix when it's just typing letters but when the delete key sticks...
  7. Windows 10 connectivity repeatedly drops out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 connectivity repeatedly drops out: HI, I'm wondering if there's anyone that can help. I have a HP Envy laptop with Windows 10 (about 4 years old) and over the past 2 or 3 months I keep losing my connection to wifi an the internet. The connection seems to drop in and out - around a dozen times during the...
  8. Keyboard keys will not repeat.

Keyboard keys will not repeat.: Hello all, I have tried my hardest to look at articles and threads of this issue, however everything that I have tried to do is not working. I have an HP laptop and have turned on and off filter keys about 4 times restarting after each time. I also have tried holding the left...
  9. Internet repeatedly dropping out - W10 - 1803

Internet repeatedly dropping out - W10 - 1803: Hi, my ISP has done various tests on my line etc and says the issue is not down to them. Unfortunately I'm not confident enough to continue with the suggestions emanating from Microsoft chatbot (am elderly disabled). Can anyone assist please?...
  10. Internet became unstable and repeatedly dropped out

Internet became unstable and repeatedly dropped out: Yesterday, I was prompted to Upgrade from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10. The upgrade took about 35 minutes and seem to go smoothly. Today I tried to access the Internet BT Broadband. The first time I connected, the connection stayed up for two minutes and dropped straight...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. TOOTH KEYBOARD DROPS O UTCITRIX