Windows 10: Bluetooth keyboard repeating keys - tested different keyboards, updated drivers, need fix

Discus and support Bluetooth keyboard repeating keys - tested different keyboards, updated drivers, need fix in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had same issue with multiple bluetooth keyboards. Works fine briefly, then keys get stuck and repeat, which is extremely frustrating. I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lacey P, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Lacey P Win User

Bluetooth keyboard repeating keys - tested different keyboards, updated drivers, need fix

I have had same issue with multiple bluetooth keyboards. Works fine briefly, then keys get stuck and repeat, which is extremely frustrating. I then have to disconnect/forget the bluetooth keyboard, and reconnect, and then it temporarily works again, but issue returns.

These are both high-end Logitech and Bridge keyboards. Both have same issue.

I have all updated with my Windows, and all necessary drivers.

When I have my Microsoft surface keyboard physically attached, that keyboard works fine.

It seems to be a bluetooth issue with Windows or Surface.

I have seen similar posts with no resolve. Hoping for solution

:)

Lacey P, Feb 8, 2021
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Bluetooth keyboard drops out or key-repeats.

This?

Bluetooth keyboard repeating keys - tested different keyboards, updated drivers, need fix [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Feb 8, 2021
  3. b3nb123 Win User
    Bluetooth keyboard drops out or key-repeats.

I've got a weird bluethooth problem in windows 10.
    The keyboard seems to drop out and disconnet. It takes tons of button presses to get the thing to wake up. I had this issue with a Microsoft 'Designer' Keyboard, even with fresh batteries. To ensure it wasn't the keyboard getting old I recently spent considerable money on a Microsoft Surface keyboard but it still happens. With the brand new batteries it came with.
    Sometimes the keyboard will glitch and produce huge rows of repeated keypresses when I've only tapped a button.
    I've had to completely give up on using my bluetooth mouse, using a 2.4ghz wireless mouse so at least I still have control during these moments.

Wondering what I can try.
    I'm using the onboard bluetooth on my motherboard, an MSI H81M-P33.
    My device manager shows a lot of bluetooth items, however, wondering if I'm OK to remove some of these?

Bluetooth keyboard repeating keys - tested different keyboards, updated drivers, need fix [​IMG]

Lots of Bluetooth LE generic Attribute Service and Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator entries.

Any ideas guys? Any help appreciated! My computer is getting unusable at times!

b3nb123, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Bluetooth keyboard repeating keys - tested different keyboards, updated drivers, need fix

Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth keyboard repeating keys - tested different keyboards, updated drivers, need fix

1. Bluetooth keyboard repeating keys - tested different keyboards, updated drivers, need fix - Similar Threads - Bluetooth keyboard repeating

2. Keyboard randomly repeats keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard randomly repeats keys: Good morning,At random when I am typing my keyboard will randomly repeat letters that I am typing. It happens without any reason in any program and is not consistently the same key. A few pieces of information:1. The laptop is a new refurb from Dell. 2. I had a Logitech K270...
  3. Keyboard randomly repeats keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard randomly repeats keys: Good morning,At random when I am typing my keyboard will randomly repeat letters that I am typing. It happens without any reason in any program and is not consistently the same key. A few pieces of information:1. The laptop is a new refurb from Dell. 2. I had a Logitech K270...
  4. Keyboard randomly repeats keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. keyboard keys repeating

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard keys repeating: Using Updated Win 10 Pro Keyboard keys will not repeat unless re depressed. Is there a setting that effects this and how do I get to it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-repeating/2d321ffa-9364-4dfd-898e-d65bb02cd3e2
  6. Keyboard Repeating Keys Weirdly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Repeating Keys Weirdly.: When i hold down a single key, the key repeats but not just when typing, but also when gaming and everything else. It is really annoying. When i hold down 2 keys, it works properly, but not when holding 1 key. It's hard to explain....
  7. Keyboard keys repeating randomly

Keyboard keys repeating randomly: Hi I purchased a Microsoft sculpt comfort keyboard and randomly some keys will repeat continuously until I break the blue tooth connection which seems to be the only way to break the repeat cycle, it's easy to fix when it's just typing letters but when the delete key sticks...
  8. Bluetooth keyboard drops out or key-repeats.

Bluetooth keyboard drops out or key-repeats.: I've got a weird bluethooth problem in windows 10. The keyboard seems to drop out and disconnet. It takes tons of button presses to get the thing to wake up. I had this issue with a Microsoft 'Designer' Keyboard, even with fresh batteries. To ensure it wasn't the keyboard...
  9. Keyboard keys will not repeat.

Keyboard keys will not repeat.: Hello all, I have tried my hardest to look at articles and threads of this issue, however everything that I have tried to do is not working. I have an HP laptop and have turned on and off filter keys about 4 times restarting after each time. I also have tried holding the left...
  10. Bluetooth mouse & keyboard disconnecting repeatedly

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth mouse & keyboard disconnecting repeatedly: Hi guys! Over the last couple weeks I have been having an issue with my bluetooth mouse and keyboard. Both disconnect out of the blue and only work again upon rebooting my Laptop. - My bluetooth is always on - My bluetooth states that both the mouse and keyboard are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mx keys windows repeating keys

2. ergo k860 malfunction repeat key