Windows 10: Bluetooth keyboard stopped working.. wtf?

Discus and support Bluetooth keyboard stopped working.. wtf? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My Arteck bluetooth keyboard suddenly stopped working with my Dell XPS 17 and I'm not sure why. It still works when I connect it to my iPhone.. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wavehand, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Bluetooth keyboard stopped working.. wtf?

My Arteck bluetooth keyboard suddenly stopped working with my Dell XPS 17 and I'm not sure why. It still works when I connect it to my iPhone..

The keyboard appears to be pairing to my computer fine. The drivers seem to be up-to-date, thought tbh I'm not sure which driver it is. The Device Manager shows 3 keyboards:

-HID Keyboard Device

-HID Keyboard Device (it lists this twice)

-Standard PS/2 Keyboard

Any idea what the issue is? Any help would be muchhh appreciated.

submitted by /u/wavehand
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wavehand, Mar 1, 2021
  2. vmishka Win User

Keyboard stopped working under Windows 10

I have an iMac dual booting Mac OSX and Windows 10 under Bootcamp. I have the normal iMac wireless keyboard.

Windows has been running normally for several years since the day I got the computer. Windows 10 has been running normally since the day I was able to automatically download it in August.

Today, my keyboard stopped working under Windows 10. I am writing this from the Mac side. The keyboard works perfectly and the battery power is 100% under Mac OSX.

When I boot to my Windows partition (which is the default) I have to use the keyboard to sign-in under Windows. The keyboard works fine for sign-in! Then, as soon as I get to my desktop, the keyboard stops working entirely. No key produces a letter. The cursor doesn't move. I hear a click in my headset when a key is pressed, but nothing happens.

The mouse works. If I reach the hardware and devices portion of the control panel, as far as I can tell things the keyboard device says it is working properly. I remember a wireless keyboard listed and a bluetooth keyboard and something called an HID device. Windows reports that they are working properly. I managed to open the troubleshooter using the mouse only and it couldn't find a problem.

I have turned the computer off and on several times.

Would someone be so kind as to suggest how I can find and fix the problem.

Thank you.

vmishka, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Bluetooth not working

Hi,

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

Method 1:

• Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to open the Run.
    • Type services.msc and press the Enter.
    • Double-click the Bluetooth Support service.
    • Click the Start button if it is stopped
    • Select the Automatic from the Startup type list.
    • Go to the Log On tab.
    • Tick the Local System account.
    • Click OK.
    • Reboot the computer.

Method 2:

• Open Device Manager.
    • When Device Manager opens, locate your Bluetooth keyboard and double-click it.
    • When Properties window opens, navigate to Power Management and uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    • Now click on OK to save changes.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 1, 2021
  4. Bluetooth keyboard stopped working.. wtf?

keyboard bluetooth not work in windows 10

Hello Antonio,

Thank you for responding in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Steps to update the Bluetooth drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at the desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Bluetooth drivers.
    • Right on each of the Bluetooth drivers
      and click on Update driver software.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth keyboard stopped working.. wtf?

1. Bluetooth keyboard stopped working.. wtf? - Similar Threads - Bluetooth keyboard stopped

2. Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard stops working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard stops working on Windows 11: I have a Dell Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard combo. This combo has a USB dongle as well as 2 Bluetooth settings. I have the dongle plugged into my Windows 10 computer, and then use one of the Bluetooth settings on my Windows 11 device. Every so often, the mouse and keyboard will...
  3. Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard stops working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard stops working on Windows 11: I have a Dell Bluetooth Mouse/Keyboard combo. This combo has a USB dongle as well as 2 Bluetooth settings. I have the dongle plugged into my Windows 10 computer, and then use one of the Bluetooth settings on my Windows 11 device. Every so often, the mouse and keyboard will...
  4. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stopped working: My bluetooth stopped connecting to devices on Windows 7 - 64bit, and I suspect it's due to an update. I don't know which one it is and, even if I did, I wouldn't be able to uninstall it because recent updates aren't listed on the "uninstall updates" list...
  5. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth stopped working: My bluetooth stopped connecting to devices on Windows 7 - 64bit, and I suspect it's due to an update. I don't know which one it is and, even if I did, I wouldn't be able to uninstall it because recent updates aren't listed on the "uninstall updates" list...
  6. Bluetooth stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stopped working: Hi, so I've had my lenovo laptop running windows 10 for years now, has never let me down. However, I've noticed in the past few months that my bluetooth would randomly disconnect on occasion and the only way I could fix it was by restarting my laptop. Now its disconnected...
  7. designer keyboard stopped working and no longer visable in bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    designer keyboard stopped working and no longer visable in bluetooth: . Read previous posts re same issue however they were years old. designer keyboard and mouse have been working with surface pro 4 for past 3 months. Keyboard now not working. Changed batteries, uninstalled to then try and re pair, now bluetooth doesn't detect keyboard at all....
  8. Wtf is going on with my keyboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wtf is going on with my keyboard: I have a surface book 2, and was using it this morning until it froze up and I force restarted it. Now the keyboard mostly doesn't work, except for the trackpad and the function keys, like volume/brightness. Super weird, I can't even do ctrl alt delete or the windows key....
  9. Bluetooth keyboard and mouse stop working, cannot be removed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth keyboard and mouse stop working, cannot be removed: My Logitech MX Master mouse and K380 keyboard suddenly stop working. They still showed up in the Bluetooth settings, as "paired", but there was no possibility of reconnecting, even when turning Bluetooth off and on. Just "paired". Then I tried unpairing, so I could re-pair,...
  10. Default Keyboard REPEATING Feature / Function IS NO LONGER WORKING AT ALL-WTF???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Keyboard REPEATING Feature / Function IS NO LONGER WORKING AT ALL-WTF???: This is a simple question but nobody seems to even know what I am talking about. For the last 20+ years, I have always been able to hold down the spacebar or the "-" key and it will begin to repeat typing out the same character. THIS FUNCTION on my keyboard NO LONGER does...