Windows 10: Bluetooth LE mouse fails to reconnect

Discus and support Bluetooth LE mouse fails to reconnect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I started having this issue on my newly built PC where my Logictech MX Master 2S mouse fails to reconnect automatically after the PC restarts/wakes up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tom_90, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Tom_90 Win User

Bluetooth LE mouse fails to reconnect

I started having this issue on my newly built PC where my Logictech MX Master 2S mouse fails to reconnect automatically after the PC restarts/wakes up from sleep.

I use a generic usb bluetooth dongle and I have disabled the option of allowing the computer to turn off the usb to save power. All other bluetooth device that uses non LE versions of bluetooth have no issues reconnecting on waking up or restarting the PC.

The mouse works fine on my laptops. The mouse has a feature of switching through connected devices it can connect upto 3 devices and I can switch to my other Windows 10 laptops fine and connect without any issues. When I switch it to the PC connect or wake up the PC from sleep, it fails to reconnect. The device will be listed as paired not connected in the device list. The only difference I can see in this mouse compared to other Bluetooth device is that this uses a Bluetooth LE version.

I tried changing the bluetooth dongle as well but that didn't help. Any help would be much appreciated.

My PC is on Windows 10 Pro 2004 build 19041.450 and my laptop on which the mouse works fine is on Windows 10 Home 1909 build 18363.1016

:)

Tom_90, Aug 26, 2020

2. Bug in windows bluetooth le GetGattServicesAsync method

The problem description:
    Sometimes it is not possible to get some response from the method GetGattServicesAsync with the parameter BluetoothCacheMode.Cached or BluetoothCacheMode.Uncached. Only the windows restart helps to reconnect the le device and to get the services from the le device.

We use Windows.Devices.Bluetooth.dll with .Net Framework 4.6.1 to build the class library.
    The Windows PC shall connect the Bluetooth le device.

Steps for the problem reproducing:

1. Discovery the devices with the determined service
    2. Call the method FromBluetoothAddressAsync with the Bluetooth address of LE device
    3. BluetoothLEDevice is found
    4. Pair the LE device with desktop:

5. Check the connection status. If the status connected, call the method GetGattServicesAsync(BluetoothCacheMode.Cached)
    6. Sometimes is not possible to get the response from GetGattServicesAsync. After 30 seconds we cancel the task, dispone BluetoothLEDevice, unpair and try to reconnect le device. The reconnection is failed and only the Windows restart helps to establish the connection to the le device.

PC:

• Dell Precision 5530
    • Bluetooth adapter Qualcomm QCA6174A
    • Windows 10 Enterprise (1803)
    • Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134.590

LE Device:

• Bluetooth 4.2

Yury Kalinin, Aug 26, 2020
  3. Microsoft Bluetooth mouse fails to reconnect on windows 10

Probably there are different errors out there.

I have problems to reconnect a Bluetooth mouse after my computer comes back from a sleep.

I have windows-7 Enterprise, Service Pack 1, 64 bit

Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R), driver version 17.1.1407.474 (latest version, dixit windows)

Power Management disabled (“Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” is unchecked).

I have two Bluetooth mice

• A Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse. This mouse works fine. No connection or reconnection problems, working since years.
    • As I do not like the Touch path of the Sculpt Touch Mouse, I recently bought a Microsoft BluetoothMouse 3600. This mouse normally works fine; I am also not losing connection after a few minutes of inactivity (I had this problem years ago with a - now retired
      - Microsoft Bluetooth mouse 5000, hence Power Management is disabled).

However, the annoying problem is that my BluetoothMouse 3600 does not reconnect after my computer comes back from a sleep. Neither automatically, nor does it come back if I push the button on the mouse (whether on/off, or 3 seconds for reconnecting). I can
    only reconnect my mouse by initiating a pair sequence using the “Add a device” from the “Show Bluetooth Devices” window and going through the whole process of adding a new device.

No problem to reconnect after switching mouse off and on, while the computer is awake.

Also the Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse reconnects without even ‘blinking’.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Michael

MichelJonker, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Neil1020 Win User

My Bluetooth LE devices aren’t reconnecting as expected after installing the Creators Update

I had the same problem with my Designer Mouse freezing every hour or so for a few seconds.

What I found in Device manager under most of the Bluetooth device events was it "requires further installation" and the only drivers for me are built in to Windows 10.

What I did was to go to Device Manager > Bluetooth and remove all instances of my Designer mouse, Bluetooth LE Attribute Service (you'll loose your mouse while you do this) and all other Bluetooth devices.

Reboot

Then head to Settings > Bluetooth & other device and redetect the mouse.

Now the problem came back once and then I redetected the mouse once more (now shows two mice) and now this only happens maybe once a week for less than a sec.

Hope this helps!

Neil1020, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth LE mouse fails to reconnect - Similar Threads - Bluetooth mouse fails

2. Bluetooth LE mouse doesn't reconnect after Windows wakes up again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth LE mouse doesn't reconnect after Windows wakes up again: Hi, First time poster here. This post is actually a continuation of a now locked thread by someone else on the same subject. A lot of the newer Bluetooth mice sold today allow the user to connect to two Bluetooth channel types: The regular Bluetooth version and a...
  3. Bluetooth mouse failing to reconnect after restarting laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth mouse failing to reconnect after restarting laptop: Hi I have a bluetooth mouse. It works ok once I have paired it with my laptop. If I restart my laptop it will not work even though it is switched on and the bt on my laptop is on. To solve this I have to remove it and go through pairing again. I have tried windows bt...
  4. Bluetooth Mouse does not reconnect automatically

Bluetooth Mouse does not reconnect automatically: Hello everyone, I have a Logitech MX Master 3, currently connected to my Dell Latiutde 7480. Whenever I wake up the computer from a deep sleep or I turn off the mouse and turn it on again, it does not reconnect to my laptop unless i select the connect button in the action...
  5. Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 mouse won't reconnect

Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 mouse won't reconnect: Got this mouse, paired it, and it worked fine for a while, but then it started not responding when left idle for a while, and the only way to get it to work again was to remove the device and re-pair it. I did this about 3 times while looking for a solution, but then it...
  6. Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device

Failed to connection to unpaired bluetooth LE device: Hi, Win 10 Creator Update add feature to support unpaired Bluetooth LE Device connectivity (https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2017/P4178). I download "Bluetooth LE Explorer" from Microsoft Store and run it. On "Discover and Pair", I can find the designated device...
  7. The Microsoft Bluetooth mouse does not reconnect

The Microsoft Bluetooth mouse does not reconnect: The Microsoft Bluetooth mouse does not reconnect He got this mouse, matched it and it worked fine for a while, but then it started not responding when it was inactive for a while, and the only way to get it working again was to remove the device and re-pair it. I did this...
  8. Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 mouse won't reconnect

Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 mouse won't reconnect: Got this mouse, paired it, and it worked fine for a while, but then it started not responding when left idle for a while, and the only way to get it to work again was to remove the device and re-pair it. I did this about 3 times while looking for a solution, but then it...
  9. Bluetooth mouse loses connection and won't reconnect

Bluetooth mouse loses connection and won't reconnect: Hi, just looking for some help with windows. I recently completed a bootcamp install of Windows 10 Education on my Macbook Pro 2016. The issue i am having is with my bluetooth mouse. The first time i started it up, it connected (after a bit of effort as i'm not used to...
  10. Microsoft Bluetooth 3600 mouse won't reconnect