Windows 10: Bluetooth Low Energy, GattCommunicationStatus.AccessDenied

Discus and support Bluetooth Low Energy, GattCommunicationStatus.AccessDenied in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I have suddenly started getting GattCommunicationStatus.AccessDenied when accessing a BLE device's Services/Characteristics using Bluetooth Low... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jihoal, May 8, 2019.

1. Jihoal Win User

Bluetooth Low Energy, GattCommunicationStatus.AccessDenied

Hi

I have suddenly started getting GattCommunicationStatus.AccessDenied when accessing a BLE device's Services/Characteristics using Bluetooth Low Energy on Windows 10. To make sure that the issue is not in my main application, I created a simple test application based on the UWP Bluetooth system running in Console Application.

This issue appeared recently (within a month, maybe two), and I cannot for the life of me to figure what is causing it. Everything was working perfectly, and I don't recall making any changes except for updating Windows to newer version.

When Reading Services and Characteristics for the first time from the devices, I get GattCommunicationStatus.Success.

After that accessing them gives GattCommunicationStatus.AccessDenied. This does not happen to all Services/Characteristics, but it happens to the ones I'm interested in.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, updating drivers, restarting Bluetooth services, a few different Bluetooth dongles, different computers, restarting computer and devices, but nothing helps.

There are no changes in the devices and I haven't updated firmware.

How test application works roughly like this:

1. Start BluetoothLEAdvertisementWatcher to find out nearby devices.

2. Create BluetoothLEDevice with FromBluetoothAddressAsync

3. Stop BluetoothLEAdvertisementWatcher

4. Connect/Request access to the device using RequestAccessAsync

5. Get Services using GetGattServicesAsync

6. Get Characteristics using GetCharacteristicsAsync

7. Test Writing to writable Characteristic using WriteValueWithResultAsync

First time doing steps 4-7 in the test application works with GattCommunicationStatus.Success, but after that I get GattCommunicationStatus.AccessDenied in GattCharacteristicsResult every time. Also, step 7 does not actually work in the first time, but the GattWriteResult.Status is GattCommunicationStatus.Success.

I'm running up-to-date Windows 10 Pro x64, version 1809.

I can access devices on Mac, so I know that the devices are working fine.

Any help would be appreciated, I have been trying to figure this out for too long already.

:)

Jihoal, May 8, 2019
  2. LarsHarms Win User

Bluetooth Low Energy Windows 10

Hello,

i have a strange Problem with my Windows PC. The list of my Bluetooth low energy device is growing and i am unable to remove them.

When i try to remove them in the device Manager, they appear back after a restart.

On initial bonding the device was asking for a passkey and everything was fine. After a reboot the device was listed in the device Manager with Status_power_failure and i am unable to remove them. And Pairing with this device is impossible.

Updating the drivers, switching of WLAN and BLuetooth and then remove the devices does not work.

I tried this with different Bluetooth sticks (CSR, Intel and Broadcom). Every stick has the same behaviour.

Anyone an idea on how to solve this ?

best regards

Lars

Bluetooth Low Energy, GattCommunicationStatus.AccessDenied b2b23994-2f50-4806-9127-8c8995b32c86.jpg

LarsHarms, May 8, 2019
  3. dw.ma Win User
    Problem with Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device (Code 10)

I've already tried it - doesn't work.

I don't have Delete the driver software for this device option when removing
    Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device.

dw.ma, May 8, 2019
  4. Bluetooth Low Energy, GattCommunicationStatus.AccessDenied

Lumia 830 Bluetooth Low-Energy Support?

Oh oh. I bought a Lumia 830 because the specs says it supports Bluetooth 4.0 which I thought meant it support Bluetooth Low-Energy (aka "BLE" and "Smart Bluetooth").

But I'm trying to pair a heartrate monitor to it and I get a "couldn't connect" message after 30 seconds of it trying to pair.

Doesn't the 830 support BLE? If not, is there an update planned to add support? What is that update and when is it being released?

OrangeFarmer, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth Low Energy, GattCommunicationStatus.AccessDenied

1. Bluetooth Low Energy, GattCommunicationStatus.AccessDenied - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Low Energy

2. Windows Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth. Is the Bluetooth protocol Classic or Low Energy?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth. Is the Bluetooth protocol Classic or Low Energy?: Wondering which Bluetooth protocol is used in the hotspot share function. Is it using Bluetooth Classic or Bluetooth Low Energy protocol? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mobile-hotspot-via-bluetooth-is-the/a10a91ad-dec4-4d99-a2b4-c1364a40f611
  3. Windows Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth. Is the Bluetooth protocol Classic or Low Energy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mobile Hotspot via Bluetooth. Is the Bluetooth protocol Classic or Low Energy?: Wondering which Bluetooth protocol is used in the hotspot share function. Is it using Bluetooth Classic or Bluetooth Low Energy protocol? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-mobile-hotspot-via-bluetooth-is-the/a10a91ad-dec4-4d99-a2b4-c1364a40f611
  4. Bluetooth low energy GATT compliant HID device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth low energy GATT compliant HID device: Hello,I have been having problems using my controller and have tried updating the drivers with no luck. I noticed there is a problem with Bluetooth low energy GATT compliant HID device This device cannot start. Code 10 A non constant main item was declaired without a...
  5. Bluetooth low energy GATT compliant HID device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth low energy GATT compliant HID device: Hello,I have been having problems using my controller and have tried updating the drivers with no luck. I noticed there is a problem with Bluetooth low energy GATT compliant HID device This device cannot start. Code 10 A non constant main item was declaired without a...
  6. Bluetooth low energy GATT compliant HID device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth Low Energy GATT component HID.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth Low Energy GATT component HID.: Device driver been showing a yellow triangular sign ever since PC been upgraded to windows 10 version 19041.450 in late July. In events tab: This device cannot start Code 10. An internal error occur. Description: Device deleted, Device configured hidbthle.inf, Device...
  8. Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device Code 10

Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device Code 10: Hello, I have a Microsoft ArcTouch SE Bluetooth mouse. I've been using it with my Alienware 15 for 3+ years now and only discovered a problem today. I followed some of the suggestions in this thread:...
  9. Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device

Bluetooth Low Energy GATT compliant HID device: I also have problems with this device however I have no previous version of the driver to roll back to. I have just purchased and AirTurn Pedal and it will not function on any of the 2 laptops that I have access to. All get the same "Device cannot Start (Code 10) error. Do...
  10. Skip driver installation for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices

Skip driver installation for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices: Hello, I have following problem: I want be able to connect heart rate sensors via BLE to my windows 10 pc. Not all at the same time device, but one after another. Every customer brings his own sensor. Windows always needs to install drivers if a device is first...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. problem: 0xa problem status: 0xc00000b9 bluetooth gatt low energy hid

2. access denied GattCharacteristicsResult

3. bluetooth low energy gatt compliant hid error code 10