Windows 10: Bluetooth low quality microphone

Discus and support Bluetooth low quality microphone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello i am using Windows 11 and the Sennheiser CX True Wireless Bluetooth HeadsetPlayback quality is ok, but i cannot use the microphone in a good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by hangrun, Jan 31, 2023.

1. hangrun Win User

Bluetooth low quality microphone

Hello i am using Windows 11 and the Sennheiser CX True Wireless Bluetooth HeadsetPlayback quality is ok, but i cannot use the microphone in a good quality. The recording quality is very bad not so on Android Smartphone or iPad - there ist perfectThe Recording tab on sound device manager shows only greyed, so not changeable :1 channel 16 bit 16000Hz How can I change that to get higher quality?

:)

hangrun, Jan 31, 2023

2. Blue Snowball microphone with low audio quality on Windows 10.

Hi Eoin,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change microphone or audio settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to check the issue by connecting with another microphone device on the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message on the computer when you use the Microphone?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article about sound related issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems

Please get back to us with an update on with low sound through Microphone, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 31, 2023
  3. Low quality audio in headset when microphone is activated

Anytime anything activates the mic (Discord, Skype, Webex, the recording tab in the sound part of the control panel) the audio quality in my headset is very low quality.

To Reproduce:

1. Play music of choice
    2. Press the windows key and type sound
    3. Click the Recording tab. Music will change to low quality
    4. Click the Playback tab your music should sound normal
    5. Rip hair out in frustration

Bill Young, Jan 31, 2023
  4. Bluetooth low quality microphone

Bluetooth Sound Quality is Terrible

thanks for @Maximus2016 on the
    lenovo support forums
    I've fixed my problem!

• Right click the speaker icon in the system tray by the clock
      • Click 'Playback devices'
    • Change the default to the 'headphones'

the lenovo support link has screen shots, fyi.

"Some bluetooth devices have
    2 modes: Regular listening device and a "handsfree" mode where you can use both the audio and microphone. If you somehow got switched to
    handsfree mode, then the audio quality will be much worse since some of the
    bluetooth bandwidth will be taken up for the microphone."

Mike DePouw, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

Bluetooth low quality microphone

1. Bluetooth low quality microphone - Similar Threads - Bluetooth low quality

2. Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones: Audio quality seems to be locked to "tape recorder quality", the headphones sound muffled because of this. I think that the problem is the fact that windows is recognising the headphones as a headset rather than headphones which locks the audio at tape recorder quality. I...
  3. Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low audio quality with bluetooth headphones: Audio quality seems to be locked to "tape recorder quality", the headphones sound muffled because of this. I think that the problem is the fact that windows is recognising the headphones as a headset rather than headphones which locks the audio at tape recorder quality. I...
  4. Bluetooth Sound Quality very low during calls/ using Microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Sound Quality very low during calls/ using Microphone: I run windows 11 on my HP Omen 15 Laptop. My issue is that whenever I use Bluetooth headphones the Audio Quality goes far down during calls on Discord or such. It is only when during a call. I am not aware of any Setting that I would find to fix this. Tried searching through...
  5. Bluetooth Sound Quality very low during calls/ using Microphone

Bluetooth Sound Quality very low during calls/ using Microphone: I run windows 11 on my HP Omen 15 Laptop. My issue is that whenever I use Bluetooth headphones the Audio Quality goes far down during calls on Discord or such. It is only when during a call. I am not aware of any Setting that I would find to fix this. Tried searching through...
  6. Bluetooth low quality microphone

Bluetooth low quality microphone: Hello i am using Windows 11 and the Sennheiser CX True Wireless Bluetooth HeadsetPlayback quality is ok, but i cannot use the microphone in a good quality. The recording quality is very bad not so on Android Smartphone or iPad - there ist perfectThe Recording tab on sound...
  7. Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality

Bluetooth speaker work only with Handsfree low quality: Hi Everybody, I'm asking for help since my Sony SRS-XB23 bluetooth speaker doesn't work properly. I first tried it on my Macbook Pro and it wasn't working properly, in the beginning i thought that there was some sort of interference between my devices and the Wi-fi since both...
  8. Windows 11 Bluetooth Low Audio Quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Bluetooth Low Audio Quality: In Windows 11...When connecting gaming headsets, and bluethoot headsets and even bt speakers I experience poor sound quality, I mean tape quality... however if I disable the recording in the old sound settings the quality is back, how to do I a fix? this this is a showstopper...
  9. Windows 11 Bluetooth Low Audio Quality

Windows 11 Bluetooth Low Audio Quality: In Windows 11...When connecting gaming headsets, and bluethoot headsets and even bt speakers I experience poor sound quality, I mean tape quality... however if I disable the recording in the old sound settings the quality is back, how to do I a fix? this this is a showstopper...
  10. USB Microphones Low Volume/Poor Quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Microphones Low Volume/Poor Quality: I have Samson, Snowball, and other USB microphones. They all sound GREAT on my older Win 7 Computer. On my high-end Win 10 computer, the volume is extremely low. I tried Equalizer APO with Peace equalizer, and they improved the volume, but the sound quality is not as good...