Windows 10: Bluetooth mic making volume extremely quiet

Discus and support Bluetooth mic making volume extremely quiet in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I tried using the microphone on my Bluetooth headset Sony WH-1000XM4, the volume got super quiet and I could barely even hear it, even when I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Cross335, Jun 13, 2024.

1. Cross335 Win User

Bluetooth mic making volume extremely quiet

When I tried using the microphone on my Bluetooth headset Sony WH-1000XM4, the volume got super quiet and I could barely even hear it, even when I had the volume all the way up. And when I'm not using the mic the volume is fine. I know this started happening recently because when I used it less than a week ago the volume was fine. I believe it might be due to an update I installed a few days ago but I'm unsure.Thank you,

:)

Cross335, Jun 13, 2024

2. Mic volume extremely low

i need help ASAP. I have a headset with a mic, and it works fine on my laptop, my Xbox, my phone, everything. The mic is normal volume there. However, in Windows 10, it is extremely quiet, even though all my mic settings are turned to 100. Gain does not
    help, none of the other forums have solutions. No mic will work on Windows 10, I have to scream to get even a little volume. Please help!

Pandaparade�, Jun 13, 2024
  3. Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it.

So my mic that I use on my pc was working fine one day, and the next day for some reason it was incredible quiet. My friends told me when we we're in Discord that I was extremely quiet. I noticed it was also quiet in ever other place that used the mic; OBS, in proximity chat games, and also when I checked it in Settings as well. So it's not a certain app that's the problem, it's either the mic, computer, or Windows 11.

What I've already tried:

The input volume slider has always been at 100% and when I test the mic in Settings it only reports back 1-5% of the volume. I've checked for updates and it says I'm on the latest and best versions for my devices. I did the whole check Device Manager thing for new updates and got nothing. Windows 11 also has no "Recording Audio Troubleshooting" option in the troubleshoot section of Settings, but I found a roundabout way to do what seemed to be just that and it reported no problems. I've checked the mic permission in the Privacy section of Settings already and that didn't do anything. Windows 11 also has no "Enhance Audio" slider in any part of the Sound Settings, so turning that off won't help since it doesn't exist for me. I've tried restarting the Audio Services as well in the window that pops up with Windows+R.

The mic is ~2.5 years old now and is plugged into the 3.5mm jack in the pc. I've also tried plugging it into the L-in jack but that didn't change anything. The only that helped with increasing the volume was going into More Sound Settings, going to the mic, then Levels, and then boosting the volume. This made the mic louder but also made the quality of the mic drop pretty bad.

Is there any way to fix what's happening without having to ruin my mic quality? Any way to revert it to what it was like just a few days ago?

Brett Russell1, Jun 13, 2024
  4. Bluetooth mic making volume extremely quiet

why is my mic super quiet

if im trying to play a game with a freind or something and im trying to talk my mic is extremely quiet to the point where i have to yell for any noise to come through the other end i have maxed every input volume setting i can but it doesnt change anything

Squidward Tentacles, Jun 13, 2024
Thema:

Bluetooth mic making volume extremely quiet

1. Bluetooth mic making volume extremely quiet - Similar Threads - Bluetooth mic making

2. Bluetooth mic making volume extremely quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth mic making volume extremely quiet: When I tried using the microphone on my Bluetooth headset Sony WH-1000XM4, the volume got super quiet and I could barely even hear it, even when I had the volume all the way up. And when I'm not using the mic the volume is fine. I know this started happening recently because...
  3. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quiet Mic: My mic is working, just when I record myself, I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can but its not working. can someone please help find another solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quiet-mic/1d6e0992-df14-49c5-b077-2ae1eadfae28
  4. Quiet Mic

Quiet Mic: My mic is working, just when I record myself, I can barely hear. I've tried everything I can but its not working. can someone please help find another solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quiet-mic/1d6e0992-df14-49c5-b077-2ae1eadfae28
  5. Quiet Mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it.: So my mic that I use on my pc was working fine one day, and the next day for some reason it was incredible quiet. My friends told me when we we're in Discord that I was extremely quiet. I noticed it was also quiet in ever other place that used the mic; OBS, in proximity chat...
  7. Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it.

Mic is EXTREMELY quiet on pc computer. Only reports 1-5% of volume when testing it.: So my mic that I use on my pc was working fine one day, and the next day for some reason it was incredible quiet. My friends told me when we we're in Discord that I was extremely quiet. I noticed it was also quiet in ever other place that used the mic; OBS, in proximity chat...
  8. Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost

Mic is extremely quiet even with max boost: as title says Mic is basically not usable , both front and rear 3.5mm I tried, -uninstalling and installing it again -unplugging them from the motherboard uninstalling the driver and plugging them again -latest driver from the motherboard and realtek websites -older...
  9. Mic volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic volume extremely low: i need help ASAP. I have a headset with a mic, and it works fine on my laptop, my Xbox, my phone, everything. The mic is normal volume there. However, in Windows 10, it is extremely quiet, even though all my mic settings are turned to 100. Gain does not help, none of the...
  10. Microphone extremely quiet

Microphone extremely quiet: So for some odd reason, microphone input is really quiet. I'm using Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming as my board so the microphone is being plugged into that. I've tried putting microphone boost and levels to 100% but the input is still really really quiet, if you're lucky you...