Windows 10: Bluetooth Mice Dropping Out After July Updates

Discus and support Bluetooth Mice Dropping Out After July Updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm experiencing issues with bluetooth mice on my surface laptop. Specs, symptoms, and troubleshooting I've performed so far are below. Specs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TurnerTomlinson, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Bluetooth Mice Dropping Out After July Updates

I'm experiencing issues with bluetooth mice on my surface laptop. Specs, symptoms, and troubleshooting I've performed so far are below.

• Specs
      • Laptop: grey surface 15", Ryzen 5 355U, 8GB Ram
      • OS: Windows 10 Home with current build: 19041.388 installed 7/25/20
      • Mice that I'm using
        • Surface Arc, grey, purchased new about 3 mo ago
        • Logitech MX Anywhere 2
    • Symptoms
      • First noticed this in July. I keep my computer up to date, so it could have been an update that caused it, but can't confirm correlation here
      • Neither mice had any problems before Jul '20
      • Both mice will drop out at the same time if both are connected so this makes it seem like it's a computer-side issue, otherwise the mice have a synchronized fail state which seems really unlikely
      • When the mouse connections drops, it seems to always last ~11/12 seconds. It never just blinks out - the courser on the screen stops responding for 11/12 seconds.
      • The dropping out doesn't seem to be at regular intervals, sometimes it happens a few times in a minute, other times it might be fine for 5 or 10 minutes, then reccur.
      • There is no bad behavior with bluetooth headphones - no dropping out or anything at all, so it's not the bluetooth going FULLY out, it's something about the bluetooth and computer and mice working together
    • Troubleshooting so far
      • Multiple restarts, checked for updates on laptop side, it's up to date
      • Checked for drivers on the mice, both are up to date
      • Both mice have fresh batteries and are reporting their battery percentages in the bluetooth menu.
      • I have run the bluetooth troubleshooter
      • I have re-paired the mice from scratch, forgetting their bluetooth settings, etc.
      • I have gone into devices and made sure that the bluetooth is not being power-managed off, I forget the right terms, but I disabled the option to allow power mgmt to manage the bluetooth connections
      • Testing with multiple bluetooth headphones and external speakers to confirm: when the mice drops out, audio to a speaker or headphones are unaffected

Really great laptop - hoping to get this sorted out without an RMA but using a mouse is critical for my workflow...

:)

TurnerTomlinson, Aug 3, 2020
  2. ZakkWylde Win User

Bluetooth Mice

What should i get for my lappy? Anyone have any experience with bluetooth mice? any suggestions would be appreciated. Thx

ZakkWylde, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Bluetooth Mice

bluetooth mice have far better range than RF ones - if you go cordless, bluetooth is the only way (most of logitechs high end stuff is bluetooth, its just 'transparent')

Mussels, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Tranbol Win User

Bluetooth Mice Dropping Out After July Updates

No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth Mice Dropping Out After July Updates

1. Bluetooth Mice Dropping Out After July Updates - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Mice Dropping

2. Bluetooth drops out on Surface Pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth drops out on Surface Pro 4: I am having the same issue as many others and to date haven't seen a reply that works. My bluetooth mouse Logitech M557 on my SP4 randomly stops working and Bluetooth has turned off. The only way to get it to work again is to restart the laptop and it will then be fine for an...
  3. MICE NOT WORKING AFTER DRIVER OR WINDOWS UPDATE

MICE NOT WORKING AFTER DRIVER OR WINDOWS UPDATE: AFTER AN DRIVER UPDATE MY MICE STOP WORKING BUT LIGHT IS COMEING AND IS NOT IN THE LIST AND AFTER SOME TIME IT CAME TO LIST AND WHEN I UPDATE AGIN IT GO AND NEVER COME BACK WHAT I NEED TO DO NOW...
  4. Bluetooth icon is missing after Windows update on Thurday 9th, July, 2020

Bluetooth icon is missing after Windows update on Thurday 9th, July, 2020: I am not able to see the bluetooth icon in Task bar. I can't enable it as there is no enable option in Bluetooth settings. The bluetooth icon came once from that day but gone again. I tried all possible solutions given online but could not fix it. There is one bluetooth...
  5. Bluetooth keyboard drops out or key-repeats.

Bluetooth keyboard drops out or key-repeats.: I've got a weird bluethooth problem in windows 10. The keyboard seems to drop out and disconnet. It takes tons of button presses to get the thing to wake up. I had this issue with a Microsoft 'Designer' Keyboard, even with fresh batteries. To ensure it wasn't the keyboard...
  6. Bluetooth Mice dont work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Mice dont work: I've updated all drivers on my 4g ram/ 64g storage variant of the surface go and I still have this issue where I can connect to a bluetooth mouse but it wont let me use it, it will show as connected and wont let me control the mouse with it, tried different mice and updating...
  7. Wifi Connections Drops out after 1903 update and rollback

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi Connections Drops out after 1903 update and rollback: Hi, im using a Realteak 8812AE Wireless LAN 802.11 AC PCI-E NIC to connect to my router. 2 days ago i updated to 1903, and startet to see connections drops. It always downloads with full speed, which i guaranteed by my ISP. For a split second the conenction drops to 0...
  8. Mysterious Bluetooth Chip Connection Drop Out

Mysterious Bluetooth Chip Connection Drop Out: Hello, So I've been generally unable to find anything on this specific issue online, so I'm making a post for it. Machine details: windows 10, asrock x470 mobo, rx580 gpu, ryzen 5 2600 cpu, 8gb ram, evo 970 m2 storage. The system was built in mid december of 2018 with all...
  9. Windows 10 Bluetooth Keeps Dropping Out

Windows 10 Bluetooth Keeps Dropping Out: I have an Intel 8265 Wifi/Bluetooth chip and after formatting and installing a fresh install of WIndows 10 a few weeks ago I've noticed that when listening to music on my bluetooth earbuds the sound drops in and out about every 10-20 seconds or so. I've already tried going...
  10. July Xbox Update Rolling Out Today

in Windows 10 News
    July Xbox Update Rolling Out Today: E3 may be in our rear view like a fall leaf in Forza Horizon 4, but we’ve been busy updating the Xbox experience and adding features that you’ve requested. The July Xbox Update adds features that make finding content even easier and offers a host of improvements to Mixer....