Windows 10: Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping

Discus and support Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For a long time, my headphones have worked just fine, until a couple weeks ago when randomly the mic would just stop working, if I restarted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisSettle, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping

For a long time, my headphones have worked just fine, until a couple weeks ago when randomly the mic would just stop working, if I restarted my headset, then it would work just fine again for the next few minutes. In the sound tab I can see my mic picking up audio and then it just stops, if I disconnect and reconnect the mic there, it works for a little while. I have checked the drivers, I have the mic enabled, I've tried it with other headsets and the same problem happens there. My apps can access the microphone, it's my default device and there is no hardware mute. In the properties tab, I've changed the levels trying to see if that worked, right now its at 100, nothing I did there seemed to help, no apps have exclusive control and no enhancements are enabled. Like I said, it works perfectly fine when it first turns on and then it randomly shuts off, best estimate for time is about 5 minutes for each headset.

:)

ChrisSettle, Nov 9, 2019

2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Nov 9, 2019
  3. KerooSeta Win User
    Bluetooth Headset Microphones Don't work with Windows 10

I cannot get any bluetooth headset microphone to work with Windows 10. I have tried three different bluetooth headsets, most recently a Corsair Gaming H2100. I have no problem getting the audio output to work just fine with any of them, but I cannot get
    it to recognize the microphone. I have followed all of the obvious steps:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the drivers
    • Restart my computer
    • Disable other microphones
    • Set the headset as the default recording device
    • Check the levels and set to 100
    • Remove the device with the device manager and reinstall
    • Unplug and plug back in my bluetooth antenna
    • Make sure that Windows is totally updated
    None of these steps has made any difference. I am able to get wired microphones to work, but this isn't ideal with my current set-up, as I sit about 10 feet away from my computer and use my 55" television as my monitor. So, I have a really nice webcam that
    I use as a microphone. It is fine, but I would really like to be able to use a bluetooth headset sometimes and not have to talk loudly to a microphone across the room.

Happy to have any help. Thanks.

KerooSeta, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping

1. Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Microphone working

2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone suddenly stopped working: Hello guys, I have a headset that I am using for a long time in both Win10 and Android. As regular, when I plug the headset today i realized mic isn't working. I tried mic in my phone. It is working normally. I controlled all the settings I know. It seems that while I was...
  3. Microphone stops working

Microphone stops working: When ever i luanch a game my microphone stops working. It works perfectly fine when i dont luanch a game. I have tried uninstalling drives doesnt work. I dont know anything else to do....
  4. Microphone Suddenly Stopped Working

Microphone Suddenly Stopped Working: Hello, my microphone on my headset suddenly stopped working when I logged onto my computer. My audio is fine but my mic isn't working on my pc. I tried plugging in my headset to my phone and it works fine on there but not on the computer. Both jacks are in their correct ports...
  5. Security Essentials suddenly is stopping every few minutes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Essentials suddenly is stopping every few minutes: Been using Security Essentials, Windows 7, for several years, no problems. Today its behavior has changed. Every few minutes it goes from green to red, service has stopped. I restart, it restarts, goes back to green, life is good. For a few minutes. Then it stops again. I...
  6. Microphone Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Stopped Working: Out of nowhere my microphone stopped working on Windows 10. It was working without any problems, and then, it stopped. i didn't restarted the pc nor installed anything. Windows can recognize it, but no app will record the audio from it, and even the sound tab from Windows. It...
  7. Audio works for just a few minutes

Audio works for just a few minutes: down votefavorite I swapped my previous PSU since it had failed. I've been having this issue since then. I boot up the computer, start watching a video, after a few minutes the audio goes off completely and I start hearing that whizzing noise, though it's very quiet. Now,...
  8. USB Microphone cuts out every few minutes

USB Microphone cuts out every few minutes: Hello. I have a USB microphone for my computer. When I use it it will work for 5-15 minutes, before suddenly just recording nothing and displaying a 1 bar signal in my Recording Devices sound menu. Sometimes I can get it to work again if I unplug the mic and put it back in to...
  9. Windows stops listening to keyboard every few minutes...

Windows stops listening to keyboard every few minutes...: I am running resource monitor to see what is going on, as periodically my keyboard does not respond at all. I don't see errors in the event log, and I think I saw something like this when windows 10 first came out, and have reinstalled it over the weekend. There is a clue...
  10. Microphone stopped working

Microphone stopped working: So I have had this microphone since August 2015, and it has now stopped working? The Microphone is a Frisby FMC-220 Any ideas? I mainly bought this mic to use Cortana. 25741