Windows 10: Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping

Discus and support Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For a long time, my headphones have worked just fine, until a couple weeks ago when randomly the mic would just stop working, if I restarted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisSettle, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping

For a long time, my headphones have worked just fine, until a couple weeks ago when randomly the mic would just stop working, if I restarted my headset, then it would work just fine again for the next few minutes. In the sound tab I can see my mic picking up audio and then it just stops, if I disconnect and reconnect the mic there, it works for a little while. I have checked the drivers, I have the mic enabled, I've tried it with other headsets and the same problem happens there. My apps can access the microphone, it's my default device and there is no hardware mute. In the properties tab, I've changed the levels trying to see if that worked, right now its at 100, nothing I did there seemed to help, no apps have exclusive control and no enhancements are enabled. Like I said, it works perfectly fine when it first turns on and then it randomly shuts off, best estimate for time is about 5 minutes for each headset.

:)

ChrisSettle, Nov 9, 2019

2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Nov 9, 2019
  3. KerooSeta Win User
    Bluetooth Headset Microphones Don't work with Windows 10

I cannot get any bluetooth headset microphone to work with Windows 10. I have tried three different bluetooth headsets, most recently a Corsair Gaming H2100. I have no problem getting the audio output to work just fine with any of them, but I cannot get
    it to recognize the microphone. I have followed all of the obvious steps:

• Uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the drivers
    • Restart my computer
    • Disable other microphones
    • Set the headset as the default recording device
    • Check the levels and set to 100
    • Remove the device with the device manager and reinstall
    • Unplug and plug back in my bluetooth antenna
    • Make sure that Windows is totally updated
    None of these steps has made any difference. I am able to get wired microphones to work, but this isn't ideal with my current set-up, as I sit about 10 feet away from my computer and use my 55" television as my monitor. So, I have a really nice webcam that
    I use as a microphone. It is fine, but I would really like to be able to use a bluetooth headset sometimes and not have to talk loudly to a microphone across the room.

Happy to have any help. Thanks.

KerooSeta, Nov 9, 2019
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping

1. Bluetooth Microphone working for a few minutes then stopping - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Microphone working

2. Windows 11 - Bluetooth microphone stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Bluetooth microphone stops working: Dell Latitude 7440 with Windows 11 23H2 - clean install and all Dell drivers up to date - no software installed. Intel AX211 Bluetooth adapter.Pair a Bluetooth headset and go to the microphone test in Settings and all is well - the VU meter goes up/down based on the volume of...
  3. Windows 11 - Bluetooth microphone stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Bluetooth microphone stops working: Dell Latitude 7440 with Windows 11 23H2 - clean install and all Dell drivers up to date - no software installed. Intel AX211 Bluetooth adapter.Pair a Bluetooth headset and go to the microphone test in Settings and all is well - the VU meter goes up/down based on the volume of...
  4. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10: Laptop Wifi stops working and will not reappear. I've already tried resetting and troubleshootingWifi will always return after rebooting/turning on but will disappear after a few minutes and won't come back without reboot....
  5. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10: Laptop Wifi stops working and will not reappear. I've already tried resetting and troubleshootingWifi will always return after rebooting/turning on but will disappear after a few minutes and won't come back without reboot....
  6. Wifi stops working after a few minutes windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Sound stops working after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stops working after a few minutes: Hi, I am having trouble with my laptops speakers. The sound just stopped working out of the blue. Its not physical damage and I have updated, rolled back, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and watched many many youtube tutorials but nothing seems to work. Sometimes when i...
  8. Sound stops working after a few minutes

Sound stops working after a few minutes: Hi, I am having trouble with my laptops speakers. The sound just stopped working out of the blue. Its not physical damage and I have updated, rolled back, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and watched many many youtube tutorials but nothing seems to work. Sometimes when i...
  9. Sound stops on bluetooth headset every few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stops on bluetooth headset every few minutes: Hi,I just got the 1more dual driver ANC Pro headphones to be used for Microsoft Team calls and to listen to Spotify on my Microsoft Surface Pro 5.On Microsoft Teams - the headphones keeps getting disconnected every 10mins or less and will need to change device on Device...
  10. Bluetooth stops working after a few seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth stops working after a few seconds: Hi all, Bluetooth is suddenly having this problem where it stops working after a few seconds. I can turn it off and on again, or restart the computer for it to work again for some only some seconds. Uninstalling and re-installing the bluetooth device/radio/drivers did not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 bluetooth headset disconnects microphone after 10 min