Windows 10: Bluetooth missing after most recent update on multiple computers in office

Discus and support Bluetooth missing after most recent update on multiple computers in office in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; the option to toggle it on or off is simply missing. these pcs all had bluetooth capabilities a while ago. I've tried a ton of dism/sfc, deleting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sloooop, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Bluetooth missing after most recent update on multiple computers in office

the option to toggle it on or off is simply missing. these pcs all had bluetooth capabilities a while ago. I've tried a ton of dism/sfc, deleting device manager drivers, updates, rollbacks, etc.

Is anyone else suffering here too?

submitted by /u/Sloooop
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sloooop, Jan 5, 2021

2. Office & Bluetooth problems

Hi Steuart,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• When do you exactly get the error 'TosBtAPI.dll' is missing? Is it when you try to pair/connect a Bluetooth device?

• Have you made any changes to the Bluetooth driver/settings prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below help article and check if it helps.

Fix connections to Bluetooth audio devices and wireless displays

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...audio-devices-and-wireless-displays#v1h=tab01

For further queries about Office programs and applications, I suggest you to post your query in Office Forums.
    We have a dedicated team with advanced tools and permissions to help you with this type of issues. I suggest you to post the same query in Office Forum for further assistance with this issue.

Office

Results in Microsoft 365 and Office - Microsoft Community

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Recent update has caused issues with bluetooth

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your computer?
    I suggest you to check the status of Bluetooth in device manager.

Method 1: Check Device Manager.

• Press Windows + X, click on Device Manager.

• Check for any exclamation marks in there.
    If exclamations mark are there on any device name, try to update them by right clicking on them.

Method 2: Follow below steps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

• Press Windows + W, Type troubleshooting.

• From the search list, click on troubleshooting

• On the left pane, click on view all.

• From the list click on hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Follow on screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting.

Method 3:

I suggest you to uninstall the Bluetooth driver from the device manager and install the latest driver for the device from the manufacturer website.

Step 1: Uninstall and Reinstall Bluetooth Driver.

Please follow the steps given here to uninstall and then reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

a) Press Windows key +X
    key when you are at desktop.

b) Select Device Manager.

c) Find and double-click Bluetooth driver from the left panel to uninstall

d) Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

e) Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK
    to remove the driver.

f) After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.

Step 2: Install the Bluetooth driver from the manufacturer’s website.

You can logon to the manufacturer website and install the driver latest drivers in compatible mode.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jan 5, 2021
  4. Bluetooth missing after most recent update on multiple computers in office

Bluetooth icon missing

Hi Peter,

The issue is quite unclear and incomplete for us to determine. We’d like to request for a clarification from your concerns for us to understand you better. To help us provide you an accurate answer, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Is the Bluetooth icon missing in the Action Center?
    • Is your Bluetooth device currently inserted?
    • Can we have a screenshot of the interface where your Bluetooth went missing?
    • Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error messages?

In addition, you can read our forum guidelines here:
    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums
    to help you phrase and compose your concerns in complete detail to our community.

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth missing after most recent update on multiple computers in office

1. Bluetooth missing after most recent update on multiple computers in office - Similar Threads - Bluetooth missing recent

2. Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update: I was prompted to download and install the new Windows 11, version 22H2 and now my computer appears to be unusable.It took more than 3 hours of updating before giving me a blue screen with two options: Troubleshoot or Turn Off the PC. None of the default repair options do...
  3. Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update: I was prompted to download and install the new Windows 11, version 22H2 and now my computer appears to be unusable.It took more than 3 hours of updating before giving me a blue screen with two options: Troubleshoot or Turn Off the PC. None of the default repair options do...
  4. Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.: Hello,My desktop icons and my recycle bin are no longer on my desktop. I just saved a word document and it does not save to my desktop when I save it to there. How do I get my icons and recycle bin back to my desktop?And, how I do I get documents, such as Word, to actually...
  6. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.: Hello,My desktop icons and my recycle bin are no longer on my desktop. I just saved a word document and it does not save to my desktop when I save it to there. How do I get my icons and recycle bin back to my desktop?And, how I do I get documents, such as Word, to actually...
  7. Desktop Icons missing after most recent update.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  9. Computer will not accept the most recent update

Computer will not accept the most recent update: My computer will not accept the newest windows 10 update. It will not apply it and backs out of it every time. Is there anything I can do to allow this update to load?...
  10. Computer will not boot after most recent update

Computer will not boot after most recent update: My computer was stuck on the automatic repair loop after an update overnight and now it will not boot at all. I have downloaded windows 10 onto a usb and I’m ready to install it, but the bios screen confuses me. However, i took a chance and plugged in the usb, chose install,...