Windows 10: Bluetooth Missing/Disappears from my system's settings or Why I've Learned to Hate Windows...

Discus and support Bluetooth Missing/Disappears from my system's settings or Why I've Learned to Hate Windows... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I use a Areoplex bluetooth listening device and periodically my bluetooth appears to completely be unable to work. This has been a periodic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DantheParadox, Jul 25, 2021.

1. Bluetooth Missing/Disappears from my system's settings or Why I've Learned to Hate Windows...

Hi there, I use a Areoplex bluetooth listening device and periodically my bluetooth appears to completely be unable to work. This has been a periodic problem and screamingly frustrating because it seems after every major windows update I have to figure out how to fix what the update has done to my bluetooth. I am posting this link: Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows microsoft.com for context of everything I have tried. I have:-Reset my laptop, -Checked that OS is updated, and it is. -Attempted to reset the bluetooth from the Device Manager Yes, the drivers are hidden-Tried to use the Blueto

:)

DantheParadox, Jul 25, 2021
  2. Tranbol Win User

No bluetooth after system restore

Thank you for your reply.

I mean I have used a Windows system restore point. I tried restoring bluetooth with commands in CMD (sfc/scannow; DISM /Online.....) and by updating and uninstalling devices in the device manager. Update did not work. Uninstalling bluetooth devices made Bluetooth disappear out of the hidden devices list.
    All my steps I took worked but did not change anything in my bluetooth device list.

I am using the bluetooth of my mainboard. MSI Z370M Gaming Pro AC
    My guess would be, that disabling the bluetooth network adapter before using a system restore point, disabled Bluetooth after using the system restore point.

In the device manager I get this message in the USB Device list for a unknown USB Device:
    Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

Tranbol, Jul 25, 2021
  3. Bluetooth in settings has disappeared

Hello,

To better assist you, we suggest that you start the Bluetooth service and set it to
    Automatic. Here are the steps for you to follow:

• Press Windows key + R on the keyboard.
    • Type Services.msc without quotes and press
      Enter
    • Right click on Bluetooth Support Service and click on
      Properties.
    • Set the Startup type as Automatic, and then click
      Start under Service status.
    • Click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Marivel Man, Jul 25, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Bluetooth Missing/Disappears from my system's settings or Why I've Learned to Hate Windows...

Bluetooth Toggle Missing from settings

Hi, welcome to tenforums. Sorry to hear of your problem.

The forum prompted you to give your full Windows build number so we don't have to keep asking... thanks.

Please post screenshots similar to these:

Bluetooth Missing/Disappears from my system's settings or Why I've Learned to Hate Windows... [​IMG]

Bluetooth Missing/Disappears from my system's settings or Why I've Learned to Hate Windows... [​IMG]

I assume you mean the Bluetooth option in the first is missing, and the bluetooth tile is missing.

Example solved case (sounds similar): completely uninstall BT and reinstall:
    Bluetooth on off switch missing.

Have a look at the driver in the Device Manager- has it just been updated (would be in Update History too - at the bottom).
    Consider rolling the driver back: e.g.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-2bfe352778c4

Consider using the driver specified by your manufacturer rather than the one provided by Windows, as suggested here:
    Bluetooth On Off toggle Missing From Settings In Windows 10 Pro

You can then prevent that driver being updated using the appropriate tutorial from the Tutorial section.

You have given no details of your PC unfortunately.

dalchina, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

Bluetooth Missing/Disappears from my system's settings or Why I've Learned to Hate Windows...

1. Bluetooth Missing/Disappears from my system's settings or Why I've Learned to Hate Windows... - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Missing Disappears

2. Bluetooth Disappears from Settings Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Disappears from Settings Windows 11: I have an ASUS ROG Strix G1713QE with Windows 11. For about a year now I have been having an issue with bluetooth where it disappears from the quick settings, system settings, device manager, etc with Code 45 : reconnect the hardware device. I have fixed this issue by doing a...
  3. Bluetooth Disappears from Settings Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Disappears from Settings Windows 11: I have an ASUS ROG Strix G1713QE with Windows 11. For about a year now I have been having an issue with bluetooth where it disappears from the quick settings, system settings, device manager, etc with Code 45 : reconnect the hardware device. I have fixed this issue by doing a...
  4. Why is my bluetooth missing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is my bluetooth missing?: I have tried everything, reinstalling drivers from acer site, updating bios, literally every solution i found on the internet, but i dont have the option to turn on bluetooth and the troubleshooter says that i dont have bluetooth, but i do have it because i have used it....
  5. Why is my bluetooth missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my bluetooth missing?: I have tried everything, reinstalling drivers from acer site, updating bios, literally every solution i found on the internet, but i dont have the option to turn on bluetooth and the troubleshooter says that i dont have bluetooth, but i do have it because i have used it....
  6. Why is my bluetooth missing?

7. Bluetooth Missing from System Tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Missing from System Tray: The Bluetooth icon in the system tray has disappeared. The tray settings menu show it is there but the icon will not appear so I have no access to using Bluetooth. This happened with Windows last update in late April. Cortana quit with the early April update. How much more...
  8. Bluetooth Missing from System Tray

Bluetooth Missing from System Tray: The Bluetooth icon in the system tray has disappeared. The tray settings menu show it is there but the icon will not appear so I have no access to using Bluetooth. This happened with Windows last update in late April. Cortana quit with the early April update. How much more...
  9. Bluetooth toggle disappeared from Settings

Bluetooth toggle disappeared from Settings: This has happened a few months back, but can't remember how I fixed it before. Here is my sob story: Before lunch, I was using the Macally Bluetooth Keyboard w/Notes++ After lunch, the keyboard was no longer connected. Opened Settings Bluetooth window: I saw the toggle...
  10. Bluetooth Keeps Disappearing From Settings ??

Bluetooth Keeps Disappearing From Settings ??: Hey guys looking for some help with my Acer E1-531 Windows 10 laptop. The issue i'm having is my bluetooth keeps disappearing from my laptop. I use a bluetooth speaker and every few restarts all my bluetooth settings just disappear. When ever i try to search "Bluetooth"...