Windows 10: bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working

Discus and support bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro x64 Logitech M535 mouse My mouse stopped working while using my computer. (Yes, I changed the battery just in case.) In the process of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by caffeine, Dec 31, 2018.

1. caffeine Win User

bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working

Windows 10 Pro x64
    Logitech M535 mouse

My mouse stopped working while using my computer. (Yes, I changed the battery just in case.) In the process of troubleshooting and several failed attempts to restore use of my mouse, I noticed a few noteworthy things:
    1) Bluetooth is now missing from the hidden icons in the task tray.
    2) Bluetooth is now missing from Device Manager.
    3) In settings>devices my mouse appears and indicates turned off when in fact it is turned on.
    4) In settings>devices removing the device does not work.
    5) In Logitech's options my device is not found -- even when attempting to pair it.

I have restarted bluetooth services in services.msc and changed it from manual to automatic startup. I have run Windows troubleshooter.

What advice can you offer?

:)

caffeine, Dec 31, 2018
  2. ATats70 Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse - stops working

Recently after an update to Windows 10, my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse stops working.

After looking at some posts. The following steps seem to work.

In Device Manager, under Bluetooth uninstall devices, then under actions Scan for hardware changes.

This seems to work and the mouse works again however, these steps are repeated over the course of the day as the mouse stops working randomly.

I also notice that under other devices I have a number of devices that seem to be unknown

bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working abf5f1d8-87fa-45b6-865d-0d934c380f6d.png

I also have a Microsoft phone 950xl and 640 however these drivers are for other nokia phones which we do not have.

Can someone suggest a permanent fix to (a) the Bluetooth mouse not needing to be reset the way I have been doing this (as listed above) and (b) a fix for these other devices.

The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 Series

ATats70, Dec 31, 2018
  3. wireless mouse stopped working

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why your wireless mouse has stopped working is due to a driver or software conflict. Since you have already tried some troubleshooting steps, we would suggest you to follow the methods provided on this

support link
    on how to Resolve Bluetooth mouse or keyboard failure to function.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Dec 31, 2018
  4. LindaT88 Win User

USB mouse stopped working

USB mouse on Lenovo Ideapad Flex5 stopped working. Works on other laptops. I even bought a new mouse. Shows it was ready to use but doesn't work. Under devmgmt.msc, I uninstalled and plugged in again. No results. Now under Bluetooth & other devices it
    shows unknown device (driver error). Any suggestions??

LindaT88, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

1. bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working - Similar Threads - bluetooth mouse abruptly

2. Mouse stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stops working: My mouse randomly stops allowing me to click, ive tried DISM, scannow, virus scan, and fully reinstalling windows but nothing is working. Ive also made sure its not something simple like i changed it from left click to right click and it happens even when i try to use the...
  3. Sound Drivers abruptly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Drivers abruptly stopped working.: I'm unsure of where to post this, sorry if it's in the wrong subreddit for this kinda thing. I have an HP Elitedesk 800 G1, and recently my audio drivers have stopped working. I have an i5-4570 with an NVIDIA GTX 1650, running Windows 10 64-bit OS Build 18363.535. Realtek...
  4. Bluetooth abruptly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth abruptly stopped working: Running Windows 10 Home and my Bluetooth suddenly stopped working. It was working earlier tonight. I've tried updating drivers, checking the system for updates, and running the Bluetooth troubleshooter and nothing works. Bluetooth is "not available" and there isn't even an...
  5. Microsoft Arc Bluetooth Mouse stopped working

Microsoft Arc Bluetooth Mouse stopped working: I'm running Win 10 Enterprise 1903 My Microsoft Arc Mouse has stopped working. I have removed and reconnected it but it shows a Driver Error in the in the Blueooth and Other Devices settings. Is this a problem with a recent update or is it likely that the mouse is faulty?...
  6. Mouse stopped working

Mouse stopped working: One day the mouse was working as it should and the next it just stopped working at all and is still out of action. I have reviewed some fixes and attempted some but I still can't get mine working. Trouble shooting was no help as it responded by saying the mouse was connected....
  7. microsoft go bluetooth mouse stopped working

microsoft go bluetooth mouse stopped working: my Bluetooth Microsoft GO mouse stopped working, the battery is fine and Bluetooth is on but my GO doesn't see it anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-go-bluetooth-mouse-stopped-working/f9669f02-67e3-4150-ac77-689f2d5c3715
  8. mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mouse stopped working: My mouse no longer works. Control shows where it SHOULD be, where I last touched the screen, but the pad will not move it and I cannot see the pointer. System says that the device is working. NOT....
  9. bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working: Windows 10 Pro x64 Logitech M535 mouse My mouse stopped working while using my computer. (Yes, I changed the battery just in case.) In the process of troubleshooting and several failed attempts to restore use of my mouse, I noticed a few noteworthy things: 1) Bluetooth is...
  10. Mouse stops working

Mouse stops working: My mouse pointer suddenly stops while working on some application I have checked the setting of the mouse and the drivers everything is fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-stops-working/83d35a8e-a312-48ea-aa5f-7dd43f13183e