Windows 10: Bluetooth Mouse does not work on Win 10 desktop

Discus and support Bluetooth Mouse does not work on Win 10 desktop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Recently, I acquired a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse (3600). It works perfectly well, both on my Android tablet and on my old but efficient Netbook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by haku, Feb 3, 2016.

1. haku Win User

Bluetooth Mouse does not work on Win 10 desktop

Hi,

Recently, I acquired a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse (3600). It works perfectly well, both on my Android tablet and on my old but efficient Netbook (still running valiantly under XP SP3). Never a problem in pairing the mouse on these two machines (and no problem either with the Logitech Bluetooth portable keyboard (K480), which is a real marvel in its own right).

On the Android Lollipop tablet, Bluetooth is built in, while the built-in Bluetooth feature on the Netbook gave up some time ago, but was replaced by a dongle, which does its job without a hiccup.

So far, so good.

On my desktop, running on Windows 10, which has no built-in Bluetooth capability (but the Bluetooth "service" coming with Windows), I use the same dongle as on the Netbook. With the Logitech keyboard mentioned above, no problem whatsoever: Bluetooth "sees" it immediately and pairs it in seconds - so there is certainly nothing wrong either with the dongle or with pairing a device, or the Bluetooth drivers and softwares, which came with the dongle, or with the Windows Bluetooth properties, which are correctly started and functioning.)

It's the Microsoft Mouse that presents an apparently intractable problem on that same desktop.

When activating the Mouse so that it can be detected when one wants to add a device, it is "seen" almost immediately. It is when wanting to pair the device to the machine that the problem arises. The pairing as such takes a far longer time than it normally does and when that operation concludes, I get error messages saying either that the mouse did not send the correct pairing code OR that it did not send a pairing reaction at all.

So, this is quite mysterious. Having a device that functions perfectly well with other machines, and not at all on my powerful desktop (while it can be detected, and while other devices function normally).

I guess that the problem resides with that "code". However, Windows does not ask for it and Microsoft says that the mouse does not need one - which makes things even more strange, since it mentions a code when the pairing misfires.

Attached, some screenshots. They are in Dutch (language of my Win OS) but the images speak for themselves. The error message on the 3rd screenshot says: "Communication with Bluetooth device has failed / No pairing reaction received". Sometimes (after bootup) the error message says failure but "Bluetooth device sends wrong code".

I wonder if someone will find a solution to this riddle...

Best,

:)

haku, Feb 3, 2016

2. Bluetooth mouse paired, connected but not works in Windows 10

On Windows 10 desktop, and Lenovo Win10 laptop, "Settings" shows a Bluetooth mouse as paired and connected, but mouse not works.

Install and reinstall of the mouse and Bluetooth drivers does not help.

On another Windows 10 PC this mouse works without problem.

Any ideas, dear Community?

AndrewKulikov, Feb 3, 2016
  3. win-10 to Win-10 PRO upgrade broke bluetooth

Bluetooth support services is running.

Hardware troubleshooting did not fix anything.

I already deleted the driver and installed the latest as stated in my first post.

I can delete the mouse from bluetooth, then pair again and the mouse works fine.

The bluetooth panel says "connected".

Then when nthe mouse is turned off, the bluetooth panel says "paired"

The next time I turn on the mouse the bluetooth panel flashes 'paired" then "connected" then "paired" etc.

The mouse does not work.

I can again delete the mouse and pair again and it works until the next time the mouse is turned off.

The mouse driver and the bluetooth driver ARE up to date and HAVE been deleted and reinstalled.

I had none of these problems with Win-7 or WIN-10.

then Win-10 PRO was pushed to me and now there are bluetooth issues.

The "allow a device to connect" in the bluetooth control panel is grey always.

Rebooting in Safe Mode is useless since bluetooth cannot be started in safe mode.

Any other suggestions?

jonathancda, Feb 3, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I have 2 Notebooks with Bluetooth and find that having their own mouse works much better/more reliably than switching 1 mouse from one to the other. I also have a Bluetooth mouse on my MacBook Pro. Two of the mice are from Microsoft and the third is from Targus. I also have a Bluetooth dongle on a Win7 computer for pairing my phone and PDA. It is important to have the drivers for the Bluetooth dongle. The Notebook Bluetooth adapters are part of the Wi-Fi adapter.

Berton, Feb 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Bluetooth Mouse does not work on Win 10 desktop - Similar Threads - Bluetooth Mouse does

2. Bluetooth mouse not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse not working?: so, my bluetooth mouse has worked for a pretty long time, and it still does on my desktop. But on my laptop, now everytime I plug the bluetooth connector in and turn it on, my mouse wont click anything, and it my mousepad wont click anything either. Is there a way to fix...
  3. Bluetooth mouse not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth mouse not working?: so, my bluetooth mouse has worked for a pretty long time, and it still does on my desktop. But on my laptop, now everytime I plug the bluetooth connector in and turn it on, my mouse wont click anything, and it my mousepad wont click anything either. Is there a way to fix...
  4. Fix Bluetooth mouse is connected but does not work on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Bluetooth mouse is connected but does not work on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you find that your Bluetooth mouse is connected but does not work on Windows 11/10 then this post may be able to help you. Sometimes a Bluetooth device shows a healthy connection with your computer but does not work. If this issue occurs on your computer, the first...
  5. The designer bluetooth desktop keyboard and the mouse not working with Acer Spin 5 Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The designer bluetooth desktop keyboard and the mouse not working with Acer Spin 5 Win 10: Hello Team, The Designer Bluetooth Desktop keyboard and mouse that I purchased last week is constantly having issues with the operations. It connects to my laptop, laptop is able to find it and connect to it through Bluetooth but the keyboard just stops functioning at all....
  6. Mouse and Desktop problem in Win 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse and Desktop problem in Win 10.: My mouse keeps spinning when i right click on desktop. I recently had to reset the PC to restore Windows and I kept all personal files. The version was 2004 and build 19041.508 When the PC finished setting up I right click the desktop to change the large icons to small ones....
  7. Win 10 Bluetooth is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Bluetooth is not working: Sorry if this is isn't the right sub; I'm at my wit's end and need help. * 1. I have a Bluetooth mouse. * 2. Mouse stopped working. * 3. I assumed it was dead. * 4. I turned the mouse off, and plugged it into the laptop (Dell Insprion 17 3000) via USB to recharge the...
  8. Logetich mouse M510 not working on Win 10 desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logetich mouse M510 not working on Win 10 desktop: Got new desktop PC with win 10 installed where the m510 mouse wouldn't work. It worked flawlessly on former win 7 build. Read multiple posts and tried solutions presented but without success. Even had to buy a wired mouse to get to this site to post a request for solution...
  9. Bluetooth mouse not working

Bluetooth mouse not working: I have a Bluetooth 3.0 mouse that stopped functioning 2 days ago. I have un-installed and reinstalled the mouse several times. In the Bluetooth window, the mouse shows "connected" but doesn't say it is "paired." My laptop is a Dell XPS 15 and uses Windows 10. My Bluetooth...
  10. Bluetooth mouse not working

Bluetooth mouse not working: Have just set up the dual boot on this machine and just cannot get the Blu tooth mouse (generic brand) to work in 10. I have installed the correct driver checked for updates etc but it just keeps searching any ideas please - the mouse works perfectly in the 7 boot. 81172