Windows 10: Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep

Discus and support Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all - I have a Surfacebook2 fully loaded and a Surface Mouse. For 2 years, it worked flawlessly and about six months ago, it started failing to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WendyNorman1, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep

Hi all - I have a Surfacebook2 fully loaded and a Surface Mouse. For 2 years, it worked flawlessly and about six months ago, it started failing to resume mouse connectivity when either waking from sleep, or a quick startup. A full restart will restore mouse activity, but if "fast startup" is enabled for shut down or sleep, the mouse won't start working again when I resume activity.

In the Bluetooth menu, the mouse is detected and paired but won't connect, even with deleting it and re-detecting it.

I have spent hours on the phone with Microsoft Tech support and been through all the troubleshooting and bluetooth reinstalls, but in the end the only thing suggested was to do a fresh install of W10, which I'm not crazy about doing because it's never perfect. I don't want to potentially fix one problem only to create dozens of new ones and have to reinstall all my software, etc.

Because the issue is fully resolved on restart, I suspect the issue may be related to the hibernation file hiberfil.sys? and that the mouse driver written to memory is corrupted, preventing its resumption. All my other bluetooth devices work fine on fast startup.

Anyone have a fix to this issue?

Wendy

:)

WendyNorman1, Aug 15, 2020

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep [​IMG]

Chadi, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep

Bluetooth Mouse Wake-Up Anomaly

A few days ago, I found out what settings need to be changed to allow a Bluetooth mouse to wake a computer. Having made those changes, I set Power Options to put the machine to sleep in one minute to test the new settings; machine went to sleep, clicking a mouse button woke it up.

I then reset the option to my normal one of two hours; the next morning, the mouse would not wake the computer, so I checked the settings and repeated the test, which worked, and finally reset time to two hours.

Once again, the following morning, the mouse would not wake the computer. I have done a fairly extensive search about this, and have no found any relevant posts. Assistance in solving this minor annoyance is hereby solicited.

Not Myself, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep

1. Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep - Similar Threads - Bluetooth mouse doesn't

2. Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto brightness doesn't adjust after waking up from sleep: I have a laptop Asus Vivobook K6602V that has an auto brightness feature. When the ambient light changes while the laptop is awake, the auto brightness works relatively fine I wish it was more responsive. But when waking up from sleep, the brightness is set to whatever it was...
  3. PC doesn't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC doesn't wake up from sleep: I have an iBuyPower pre-built desktop gaming PC that I bought late last year. Recently it's been having a problem. Whenever it goes to sleep, and when I try waking it up, it will act like it's waking up In the sense that the fan will spin up and the power LED goes steady...
  4. Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep: I don't know why but every time my computer goes to sleep or when I manually place it into sleep mode, it just doesn't wake up. The light on the tower turns on and fans are on, just nothing is displayed on the monitor. Every time this happens I end up having to press the...
  5. Sometimes my PC doesn't wake up after sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes my PC doesn't wake up after sleeping: Winver = 2004, 19041.685 I set my PC to sleep after 5 mins of inactivity. If my PC sleeps, and I attempt to wake it up soon afterwards, I notice that sometimes the PC cannot be woken up, and I have to depress the PC's power button and keep it held in for about 5 seconds to...
  6. Bluetooth LE mouse doesn't reconnect after Windows wakes up again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth LE mouse doesn't reconnect after Windows wakes up again: Hi, First time poster here. This post is actually a continuation of a now locked thread by someone else on the same subject. A lot of the newer Bluetooth mice sold today allow the user to connect to two Bluetooth channel types: The regular Bluetooth version and a...
  7. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  8. Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up from sleep, doesn't go to sleep: My kids laptop. Completely messed when it comes to sleeping. It will not go to sleep on its own despite having the power options set the same as all my others. Display doesn't even go off. So we manually put it to sleep. That worked for a while but now it wakes up on its own....
  9. Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor Not Waking Up After Sleep: I am experiencing a critical issue - when my computer goes into sleep mode, or if I manually place it in sleep mode, the monitor will not wake. The PC is running; I can hear the fan and the light on the front of the monitor is on, but the monitor itself will not wake. The...
  10. Bluetooth Mouse Wake-Up Anomaly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Mouse Wake-Up Anomaly: A few days ago, I found out what settings need to be changed to allow a Bluetooth mouse to wake a computer. Having made those changes, I set Power Options to put the machine to sleep in one minute to test the new settings; machine went to sleep, clicking a mouse button woke...