Windows 10: Bluetooth mouse doesn't work unless sleep and restart are used

Discus and support Bluetooth mouse doesn't work unless sleep and restart are used in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I thought my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse wasn't working at all but discovered it will work if I either restart my computer or put it into sleep mode and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Curlyque, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Curlyque Win User

Bluetooth mouse doesn't work unless sleep and restart are used

I thought my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse wasn't working at all but discovered it will work if I either restart my computer or put it into sleep mode and then wake it back up. However, the mouse will never work if I just turn on the computer and try to use it without doing some sort of restart. It is paired properly and shows up as a bluetooth device that is working. Something happens when I shut down the computer and then turn it back on that it does not recognize the mouse until a restart/sleep and wake up makes it see it again. I would really like to get this mouse to work since I only bought it about a month ago. It worked fine for about 2 weeks then a Microsoft update came along and now this.

:)

Curlyque, Nov 27, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Bluetooth mouse doesn't work unless sleep and restart are used [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 27, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Bluetooth mouse doesn't work unless sleep and restart are used [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Nov 27, 2020
  4. JMP757 Win User

Gearhead bluetooth mouse connected but not working after reboot

My Gearhead Bluetooth mouse pairs and works fine until I put the computer to sleep, turn the mouse off and then back on, or restart the computer. The device is detected and shows connected in the Bluetooth settings, and the touch pad is disabled, but it
    doesn't work unless I remove the device and re-connect and pair it.

I have Windows 10 Pro. I've gone into Services and set Bluetooth Support Services to auto, I've made sure that the "allow devices to see my computer" check box is checked in the Bluetooth settings, I've unchecked the check box to allow the computer to put
    the Bluetooth radio to sleep to save power in the Power Management tab, and I've contacted Gearhead to see if they have any updated drivers.

Any suggestions?

JMP757, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Bluetooth mouse doesn't work unless sleep and restart are used - Similar Threads - Bluetooth mouse doesn't

2. Copy and paste doesn't work in Windows 11 unless I restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy and paste doesn't work in Windows 11 unless I restart: It will then work for a while usually several hours before it stops working again. This makes Windows 11 completely unusable as I use copy and paste constantly all day long. Apparently this problem has been happening since 2021 and Microsoft hasn't bothered to fix it. We pay...
  3. mouse click doesn't work unless I ctrl-alt-del

mouse click doesn't work unless I ctrl-alt-del: Windows 10 - mouse click doesn't work unless I ctrl-alt-del https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-click-doesnt-work-unless-i-ctrl-alt-del/5af4903f-b27a-4057-99d0-f8b4152f9499
  4. mouse click doesn't work unless I ctrl-alt-del

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse click doesn't work unless I ctrl-alt-del: Windows 10 - mouse click doesn't work unless I ctrl-alt-del https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-click-doesnt-work-unless-i-ctrl-alt-del/5af4903f-b27a-4057-99d0-f8b4152f9499
  5. Mouse wheel on Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse wheel on Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse doesn't work: I recently bought a Microsoft Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse.It is fantastic, except that the scroll function doesn't work when using the wheel -- and it turns out that I never realized how much I use the mouse wheel until I bought a mouse with a non-working wheel,The wheel itself...
  6. Mouse wheel on Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse doesn't work

Mouse wheel on Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse doesn't work: I recently bought a Microsoft Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse.It is fantastic, except that the scroll function doesn't work when using the wheel -- and it turns out that I never realized how much I use the mouse wheel until I bought a mouse with a non-working wheel,The wheel itself...
  7. Bluetooth mouse sleeping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth mouse sleeping: Hi chaps. I am having a spot of bother with my Bluetooth mouse. For some peculiar reason the scroll wheel sleeps after about 10 seconds or so. The rest of the mouse doesn't. Its getting extremely irritating, as it takes a couple of seconds to start responding again. I have...
  8. Bluetooth mouse doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth mouse doesn't work: Hello guys, I just bought the microsoft bluetooth mobile mouse 3600 for my xps 13 2-in-1 and the mouse only works for a couple of seconds. I did some research and it appears I'm not the only one with this problem. Have any of you guys found a solution to this problem or have...
  9. Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bluetooth mouse doesn't wake up after sleep: Hi all - I have a Surfacebook2 fully loaded and a Surface Mouse. For 2 years, it worked flawlessly and about six months ago, it started failing to resume mouse connectivity when either waking from sleep, or a quick startup. A full restart will restore mouse activity, but if...
  10. Bluetooth Glitch - Doesn't work after sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Glitch - Doesn't work after sleep: Bluetooth just doesn't exist after I wake my computer up from sleep. It used to. But as of now it isn't sometimes, it is a 100% guarantee that if I put my computer to sleep, bluetooth will disappear from existence upon waking up with no way of making the computer realize it...