Windows 10: Bluetooth mouse keeps freezing

Discus and support Bluetooth mouse keeps freezing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Here's what's driving me crazy: opening the windows Bluetooth menu restarts the mouse. This means that it's not the battery (it's at over 40%), it is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brunotag, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Bluetooth mouse keeps freezing

Here's what's driving me crazy: opening the windows Bluetooth menu restarts the mouse. This means that it's not the battery (it's at over 40%), it is a windows related issue. The time between freezes varies; sometimes it is seconds, sometimes minutes. It is the Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600, which makes this even more annoying. A Microsoft mouse with poor performance on windows.

Here's what I have already tried:

• Disabling and enabling back the drivers;
    • Making sure the option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power is off.
    • Making sure the Bluetooth services are running and automatic;
      • However, Bluetooth User Support Service is currently on Manual, and when I try to set it to automatic, I get a message saying "The parameter is incorrect".
    • I have recently factory reset the laptop.

Any tips would be highly appreciated.

submitted by /u/brunotag
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/brunotag, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Bluetooth mouse still freezes

Hello,

There are multiple possibilities why a Bluetooth mouse could act up. To assist you with your concern, you can try these following steps:

Method 1:

Check if the Bluetooth mouse and its Bluetooth adapter are working properly.

• Try installing fresh new batteries.
    • Try to unplug the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse and plug it back in.
    • Try connecting the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse to a different USB port.
    • Try to remove objects that can interfere with the signal of your Bluetooth adapter and mouse.

Method 2:

Check if you have installed all the updates on your computer. There are chances that you might get Bluetooth drivers through update:

• Go to the Start screen.
    • Type Windows update and click on it from the list of results.
    • Click on Check for updates on the left pane in the new window.

We also suggest that you try to contact the manufacturer of the Bluetooth mouse for other options.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Bluetooth mouse still freezes

• Try installing fresh new batteries.
    I did try that, no difference.

• Try to unplug the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse and plug it back in.
    You mean on the computer? It's built in.

• Try connecting the Bluetooth adapter of your mouse to a different USB port.
    See above

• Try to remove objects that can interfere with the signal of your Bluetooth adSapter and mouse.
    The only thing in the 1.5' between the mouse and the laptop is a chair arm and the computer power cord.

• Go to the Start screen.
    • Type Windows update and click on it from the list of results.
    • Click on Check for updates on the left pane in the new window.
    Windows is up to date.

We also suggest that you try to contact the manufacturer of the Bluetooth mouse for other options.

I thought I just did. It's a Microsoft mouse.

hustlinghare, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Bluetooth mouse keeps freezing

Bluetooth mouse still freezes

Hi,

It's possible that compatibility issues might be causing your Bluetooth mouse to act up. To resolve this,
    follow these steps to install Bluetooth drivers in Windows 7 compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver and select Properties.
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select
      Windows 7 from the drop-down list.
    • Let the driver install, and then check the functionality.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Bluetooth mouse keeps freezing

1. Bluetooth mouse keeps freezing - Similar Threads - Bluetooth mouse keeps

2. Mouse Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Keeps Freezing: Hello My Mouse Keeps Freezing Even After I Bought A New Mouse And Change Ports What Can Be Causing The Problem .I Just Got A Windows 10 And It Never Happened On Windows 7 .So Can Anybody Help Me ?...
  3. Mouse Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Keeps Freezing: Hello My Mouse Keeps Freezing Even After I Bought A New Mouse And Change Ports What Can Be Causing The Problem .I Just Got A Windows 10 And It Never Happened On Windows 7 .So Can Anybody Help Me ?...
  4. Mouse Keeps Freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mouse keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse keeps freezing: Hey guys, this is drifving me nuts trying to fix, usually have some IT friends to help with this one but they are stuck as well.IssueMouse keeps freezing I have noticed it seems to happen more when starting to play a video or opening new program, but i'm not 100% sure this is...
  6. mouse keeps freezing

mouse keeps freezing: Hey guys, this is drifving me nuts trying to fix, usually have some IT friends to help with this one but they are stuck as well.IssueMouse keeps freezing I have noticed it seems to happen more when starting to play a video or opening new program, but i'm not 100% sure this is...
  7. mouse keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Microsoft Bluetooth mouse freezes

Microsoft Bluetooth mouse freezes: Hey guys,Just bought Microsoft Bluetooth Ergonomic Mouse, and noticed that it freezes after about 5 seconds of inactivity on my Windows notebook. I mean, if you don't move it for 5 seconds or more, then move it, the pointer stays on the same place for a moment, then...
  9. PC keeps freezing or mouse keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC keeps freezing or mouse keeps freezing: so I did the latest windows 10 update and ever since I did it my pc will freeze for a second every 5 ish seconds I don't know if its my mouse because i check for driver updates and nothing i uninstalled my mouse and that didn't fix it (new mouse as well). I also just...
  10. Mouse Keep Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse Keep Freezing: I think it has been a month or so but my mouse keeps freezing. It has never been for more than 30ish seconds but it is still very frustrating. I made sure I had the latest windows update and that all my drivers were updated. But the problem has persisted. I would appreciate...