Windows 10: Bluetooth mouse only connects when looking for other devices

Discus and support Bluetooth mouse only connects when looking for other devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My bluetooth mouse only reconnects when I go through device manager in settings and go through the process of adding a new "bluetooth or other device".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JacobSmith3216, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Bluetooth mouse only connects when looking for other devices

My bluetooth mouse only reconnects when I go through device manager in settings and go through the process of adding a new "bluetooth or other device".

I use a Surface Pro 4 and up until this week I have just used the track pad on the keyboard that snaps to the bottom. I decided to treat myself to a Razer Atheris Bluetooth mouse. It paired first time perfectly, the included dongle works perfectly (but I don't want to use it as I'm sure you all know the surface pro 4 only has one USB port). But when I shut down and turn my surface back on the mouse doesn't reconnect automatically. The light on the mouse flashes like it is searching for a pair but it is only when I go through Settings > Devices > Bluetooth and other devices > Add bluetooth or other device > click on Bluetooth option > as soon as the surface starts searching for a new device the mouse starts working. Immediately!

I have updated all of the Bluetooth driver options in device manager and for the mouse itself.

Any ideas? Is it just a buggy bluetooth problem? I don't think its the mouse as it works perfectly once the laptop picks it up but you never know and I want to find out whilst I can still return it. But I really think its a surface problem.

Thanks in advance

:)

JacobSmith3216, Sep 12, 2018

2. can't connect bluetooth device.(mouse and keyboard)

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your mouse and keyboard?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend performing the suggested workarounds in this article
    to resolve Bluetooth issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 12, 2018
  3. PaulSP4 Win User
    Bluetooth devices connected and working but not in the "Manage Bluetooth Devices" setting.

Alright so. I had an issue with my Bluetooth mouse connecting. So I uninstalled the Bluetooth adapter from the Device list and paired the mouse again. Mouse works fine but now I don't see the mouse listed under the "Manage Bluetooth Devices" setting.
    I do see it listed under Bluetooth on device lists. Is there a fix for this annoyance?

PaulSP4, Sep 12, 2018
  4. T_B_Manc Win User

Bluetooth mouse only connects when looking for other devices

Bluetooth Designer Mouse Troubleshooting

I'm running WIndows 10 on a Lenovo E560 and my Microsoft Bluetooth Designer Mouse has stopped working. Some weird symptoms:

• In pairing mode, the device will appear in the Bluetooth Connection Manager, pair and connect. The mouse correctly finishes pairing mode when paired.
    • However, although it appears as connected, it doesn't work.
    • If the mouse is turned off, it still shows as connected in the Bluetooth Connection Manager.
    • If the bluetooth in the PC is turned off, then on again, it appears as "Paired".
    • If the mouse is then turned back on, it doesn't connect again.
    • Other Bluetooth devices pair and connect correctly.
    Any suggestions? Or is the mouse knackered?

T_B_Manc, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Bluetooth mouse only connects when looking for other devices

1. Bluetooth mouse only connects when looking for other devices - Similar Threads - Bluetooth mouse connects

2. Bluetooth keyboard only works when other bluetooth device is actively being used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth keyboard only works when other bluetooth device is actively being used: I have recently got a new bluetooth keyboard which I am trying to connect to my pc. The keyboard definetely works fine, since I have no problems using it on other devices like laptops, phones, etc.When I connect my keyboard to my PC, it shows up in the bluetooth settings as a...
  3. Bluetooth keyboard only works when other bluetooth device is actively being used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth keyboard only works when other bluetooth device is actively being used: I have recently got a new bluetooth keyboard which I am trying to connect to my pc. The keyboard definetely works fine, since I have no problems using it on other devices like laptops, phones, etc.When I connect my keyboard to my PC, it shows up in the bluetooth settings as a...
  4. how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device: Split from this thread.how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-bluetooth-device-im-hard-to-connect/9ba42656-f69d-4045-805d-6beecc004e81
  5. how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device: Split from this thread.how to connect bluetooth device. im hard to connect to other bluetooth device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-bluetooth-device-im-hard-to-connect/9ba42656-f69d-4045-805d-6beecc004e81
  6. bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices: My bluetooth headphones is connected but i cannot find it in the bluetooth and other devices, this applies to other bluetooth devices too and if i want to connect the bluetooth device, i need to uninstall my headphones driver then scan for hardware changes to connect. Can...
  7. Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device'

Audio Bluetooth Device connecting as 'Other Device': Hi, I've just bought a pair of Cambridge Audio Melomania Wiress Headphones. I'm trying to connect them via Bluetooth to my Windows Surface 4. The headphones are connecting but as an 'Other Device' so I'm not able to use them as an audio device. How can I change this so...
  8. Bluetooth device will only connect as ''Voice''.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth device will only connect as ''Voice''.: My bluetooth headsets were working fine before one day, all my headphones would only connect to ''Voice'', nothing else. I tried updating the drivers, I tried everything I could try....
  9. Bluetooth Device Connected Only Voice

Bluetooth Device Connected Only Voice: Hello, so i have a bluetooth headphone which i bought like 5 years ago, it worked always fine and it still does on my smartphone. one day i connected it to my win 10 laptop as usual to listen to some music, after it connected i opened the youtube website and started...
  10. Bluetooth keyboard connected to other device

Bluetooth keyboard connected to other device: Hello I don't have much experience with bluetooth devices but I was given a bluetooth keyboard the person I live with used before me & I saw it was still connected to their laptop. I removed the device from it & as far as I know it stopped typing on the laptop & I connected...